Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently Barton is on 25k a week, other new signings a little less, and key existing players were given consequential pay hikes. It's insane. Meanwhile Celtic sign just Sinclair and Dumbele and both are tearing sides apart ( a certain Catalan team apart).

I know they sold out all their season tickets & that must have brought in a few Bob but they can't have that much more income going forward so I dont see how it can be sustainable.

There's virtually no retail money, on-going court cases about who owns what and who can sell what and so on. Still an unholy mess. Apparently the higher wages were to be offset by the sale of Tavernier and Waghorn, but that didn't happen. There's a lot more reality over on the Bears Den these days about events on and off the pitch, although obviously they still can't complete a sentence without some sectarian slur.

The bread man moaning on that programme on BBC1 last night that Celtic and Rangers youth don't get challenging enough games

Yes, across the age groups, they do win a lot of games by stupid scores, but so do Hibs, and to a degree Hearts

i know Hibs u-15's pumped Celtic 5-2 (going on 10-2) last week, and Celtic youth are way better than Rangers through all the age groups

My point is his pathetic attempt to set Rangers and Celtic apart from everyone else and try to make out they are comparible to Celtic. 

Maybe they once were, but, you deluded pr1ck, you certainly are not at the moment, and it still remains to be seen if you ever will be again

Halliday is a fully paid up H u n so he was probably put up to it to get rid of Barton.

Jamjar next to be allowed to go ?.

Barton may be stupid but probably not f%@*ing stupid.  His contract will not be easily torn up.  Ditto Jamjar and Senderos who both probably qualify as F**ian B**st!!ds down Ayebroke way.

Some weighty intellectual stuff on The Bears' Den on the Barton situation.  One example "strangle the prick with his rosary beads".  Seems Joey's discipline record is not seen as the real problem.

More interesting some are suggesting a guy with the initials MW should be shown the door as he is responsible for JB being at Ayebroke in the first place.  

Here's a wee ditty I wrote in honour of The Rangers latest setback

Warbs’s hat is broken,
It fell of with a thud
He thinks the newcos playing great
But we know he’s a fud.

He signed that Joey Barton
On twenty grand a show
But Joeys phucked off everyone
And now he has to go

The’re spending too much money,
The Rangers are a mess
Every time they phuck up,
Warbs blames it on the press

Ra peepil will start turning soon
Ibrokes won’t be still be packed
And the breadman and his hopeless hat
Will surely be getting sacked.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

They say there will be no further comment from club or player on the subject.

Twitter rant from Barton by 5pm?

Clearly The The want rid of Joey.  My guess is they have been advised the training ground bust up does not on its own give them sufficient grounds to tear up a 2 year contract.  Next try is a 3 week ban with an "omerta" clause.  They will be hoping that Joey will find 3 weeks of silence impossible especially as their pals in the West Coast media will be primed to badger him daily for a comment.  Whether Joey opening his mouth will give them the opportunity they are looking for will depend on what he says and more importantly what it says in the small print of his contract.  

Their best bet will be some other mug being prepared to offer him an acceptable deal.  If that happens the airwaves will turn blue (!!) as Joey tells the world what he thinks of the peepul, their team and the breadman.  King Billy will doubtless get a few words as well just to round things off.

Edited by south inch
spelling error

their pals in the West Coast media will be primed to badger him daily for a comment.  Whether Joey opening his mouth will give them the opportunity they are looking for will depend on what he says and more importantly what it says in the small print of his contract.

The piece below, lifted from the outstanding John James 'sitonfence' site, appears to support the idea you float in the above post.

"everything printed in Scotland is tarnished by its association with a hired Rangers-facing PR agency, that is owned and operated by two former Rangers press officers".

Joey Barton is a prize ****wit.  It's just a hilarious side plot in the ridiculous saga of The People though.  Can't wait for the ending.  

Nah, Barton is good entertainment, and i prefer him to all the prem players with shaved bollocks. He is the badly behaved kid in school. He doesn't know how to behave. He is not particularly bad, no worse than Souness who is also a straight talking former thug!  http://talksport.com/football/i-havent-done-anything-apologise-joey-barton-lifts-lid-rangers-ban-exclusive-talksport

All the financial stuff hasn't gone away, BTW. That clock is still ticking.

I'd concentrate on that more than Barton. The club are de-listed from the stock market and have been for 18 months, that means the market has no faith in the stock. They can only trade the shares issued privately, cannot raise more cash via a new emission and will - at some point - have to answer the shareholders about where the money is, because at the moment no Rangers International Football Club PLC shareholder can get their money.................... they are basically bankrupt part 2!

Edited by MySpazz

i had a quick look through the bears den forum today. there is allegedely a mole at the club and some have suggested it is MOH, posted one hour ago. Check it out, it is amazing what these guys think about.

Incredible. Assumed guilty of a fabricated crime because he has a Catholic sounding name.  Doesn't it make you proud to be part of the same species as these morons :( 

i had a quick look through the bears den forum today. there is allegedely a mole at the club and some have suggested it is MOH, posted one hour ago. Check it out, it is amazing what these guys think about.

My PC advising not to look at this, flashing up an alert saying there is a high risk of it downloading malicious software!  Everything they touch seems to be infected!!

Joey now being investigated for breaking football betting rules

Oh the irony. SFA investigating Ibrox player for allegedly breaking betting rules.

It just so happens that TRFC need to rid themselves of a £20k weekly wage - upsteps the SFA ever eager to assist the Ibrox club.

Nae wonder nobody, but nobody believes that the governing bodies will ever administer them fairly. Were it any other TRFC player do we think they would be pursuing this issue? Do you think the news would even break... Nah, not  likely.

Edited by Indicator

Barton still shooting his mouth off. Celtic wanted to sign him to spite Sevco's. Mind you they have form on that. And he only came to Scottish football to improve it because it is rubbish.

He also regrets signing for them.

How to win friends & influence people.

He has a book out. He has a cunning plan.