Falling home attendances

Invernessaint

Its a football game FFS. Its not a bloody dysney movie. Problem is the re branding of football being a family entertainment, its not this is killing the game. This is coming from a guy who has been going with his Dad since he was 5. I was told at the time what to expect from my old man and to ignore it. When young some of the best games were the passionate sweary ones with a bit of a punchup on the park (Falkirk at Muirton used to be good for this). Football is a sanitized parody of itself now full of lady boys

Its a football game FFS. Its not a bloody dysney movie. Problem is the re branding of football being a family entertainment, its not this is killing the game. This is coming from a guy who has been going with his Dad since he was 5. I was told at the time what to expect from my old man and to ignore it. When young some of the best games were the passionate sweary ones with a bit of a punchup on the park (Falkirk at Muirton used to be good for this). Football is a sanitized parody of itself now full of lady boys

One of the best posts I have seen on here.

Problem with poor crowds is down to price and not much else. Football as an industry is so split from the epl and everyone else. In scotland It needs to see the competition as not just other clubs, but other entertainment. All been said before etc. In terms of swearing, would rather not have kids hear it, but it is a fool who wouldn't expect it at the football. It adds to the entertainment. Everyone needs to stop getting so sensitive ffs!!! We care about our club a hell of a lot more than ANY player ever will and if I or anyone else needs to make their feelings known, then they/we should be allowed to as we seem fit, without crossing a line of race etc.

Boo!Hoo! were the big boys using sweary words?It's a feckin fitbaw match , not rugger!!Get over it!!

Blokes just giving his honest opinion on why he doesn t go anymore, don t see any need for you to be a d*** to him !

Id suggest that its about where you sit as to if you ve a valid complaint about this or not.

I tend to sit near the scoteboard end with my kids and fully expect to hear bad laguage etc and have no problem with it. If however I took my kids into the Tayplay section or the Ormond stand for a family day then I would expect it to be tonrd down.

Rather than ridicule the OP I suggest he brings his kids to the family stand tenner offer at the Dunfermline game where I think he ll notice a marked difference from his previous visits.

Hope you come and enjoy it mate.

Blokes just giving his honest opinion on why he doesn t go anymore, don t see any need for you to be a d*** to him !

Id suggest that its about where you sit as to if you ve a valid complaint about this or not.

I tend to sit near the scoteboard end with my kids and fully expect to hear bad laguage etc and have no problem with it. If however I took my kids into the Tayplay section or the Ormond stand for a family day then I would expect it to be tonrd down.

Rather than ridicule the OP I suggest he brings his kids to the family stand tenner offer at the Dunfermline game where I think he ll notice a marked difference from his previous visits.

Hope you come and enjoy it mate.

Is there not still a family allocation in the yellow seats in the east stand ? might be worth a shot if your looking for less swearing etc,

Im no angel at the football and have no problem with people getting involved (shouting swearing etc). If I could be driven away - and I cant - I think it would be by the negativity of some fellow 'supporters'. While i accept everyone is entitled to their opinion after paying a fortune for admission, it does my head in to hear people tearing into the players we are there to encourage.