#30 - 14/02/12 - Saints 1-2 Hearts - Scottish Cup

Defence needs a big shake up..As much as I support Encks, the time has now come for Mannus to get a go between the sticks. I want Writh back as well..

Elsewhere I really don't know...

Was looking forward to this game pre 3pm today. Not so sure now..

COYS and Lomas.. Get it sorted out..

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defence needs a big shake up..As much as I support Encks, the time has now come for Mannus to get a go between the sticks. I want Writh back as well..

Elsewhere I really don't know...

Was looking forward to this game pre 3pm today. Not so sure now..

COYS and Lomas.. Get it sorted out..

You'll probably get your wish re Mannus and it might not be a bad thing.

Having Wright back would be great but I'd feel sorry for Cracks as I can't see he's been bad at all and on his form I wouldn't drop him. Taking today's game as most recent form he had a better game than Ando and Cup tie?

You'll probably get your wish re Mannus and it might not be a bad thing.

Having Wright back would be great but I'd feel sorry for Cracks as I can't see he's been bad at all and on his form I wouldn't drop him. Taking today's game as most recent form he had a better game than Ando and Cup tie?

Agreed. Cracks was the best of the back 5 today. Not really a glowing tribute though as the other four were rotten:wink:

John i thought Ando did alright today won most in the air and scored with a decent finish for a center half.

Was back to diving, giving away free kicks. I also thought he sat too deep which played them onside which led to a goal. And if I recall correctly was easily out jumped for another. Don't get me wrong I think he has been superb recently just not today.

Do you think the club has contacted all Perth and Kinross Primary Schools advertising that u12 have free entry to the game. The schools are all off on Wednesday for an in service day so no problems with school next day.

It might be a good idea for a few of the players to visit primary schools during the day on Monday for a press release in the Courier/PA on Tuesday.

In amongst all the fascinating conversation about who should be the goalie or the left midfield, does Croftee's bird have nice tit (mmmmmmm) etc etc am I really the only one who thinks we will lose this because we cannot, ever, ever (well hardly ever) win at home? The Midden next round - laid down to them at home in the wee cup. No chance.

Do the players now see away games the way most clubs see home games? and vice versa? We have an astonishingly high league position for our home record.

And why? Surprised there's been little discussion of this.

And does that (obviously) link to the discussion about home attendances? Are our team intimidated (disappointed) by their own crowd?

Do the players now see away games the way most clubs see home games? and vice versa? We have an astonishingly high league position for our home record.

And why? Surprised there's been little discussion of this.

And does that (obviously) link to the discussion about home attendances? Are our team intimidated (disappointed) by their own crowd?

Our home form shows 13 points from 13 games, or 33%. 15F 22A -7. 10th.

Away we have 22 from 12, 61%. 18F 10A +8. 4th.

What a difference.

Incredible.

Whether our home crowd has anything to do with it or not we can only surmise.

Imagine it must do, and away matches are highly enjoyable and often have a good atmosphere but at home it is desperate at times.

Like many others, I will post my displeasure on here at times, but NEVER at the game. Worst I would do there is say Oh Murray or Oh Fran (or Oh Jody :laugh:) that was rubbish. I'd NEVER shout personal abuse at a player, no matter how bad. At home this happens. Away it tends not to.

What a difference.

Incredible.

Imagine it must do, and away matches are highly enjoyable and often have a good atmosphere but at home it is desperate at times.

Like many others, I will post my displeasure on here at times, but NEVER at the game. Worst I would do there is say Oh Murray or Oh Fran (or Oh Jody :laugh:) that was rubbish. I'd NEVER shout personal abuse at a player, no matter how bad. At home this happens. Away it tends not to.

Blimey, I hadn't done the stats. That might be unique UK wide. A positive, obviously - what an away record!!! But worth a discussion. But not a "don't blame it all on the fans" one - that's not where I was going. Pretty weird - thoughts?

What a difference.

Incredible.

yep, agree with every word of this. No fun going to McD at all at the moment, it's depressing, low numbers and hellish atmosphere, whereas away we're all in it together. This must affect the players.

yep, agree with every word of this. No fun going to McD at all at the moment, it's depressing, low numbers and hellish atmosphere, whereas away we're all in it together. This must affect the players.

I'd argue its the other way round. It's the players responsibility to perform for the fans. I doubt even the most die hard supporter could muster up a song during Saturday's display. These guys get paid to perform and they shouldn't need to be showered with love and adoration to do so!

Admittedly the Perth public are not the most vociferous in their support but the fact that people are so spread out now in the ground makes it very difficult to get an atmosphere going. At away games you are crammed in together and it really helps when getting a song going.