Encks or Mannus

The ghost of Jim Morton

Who should get the nod between the sticks in our next game??  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Mannus play quite a few times due to Irish connections & he is a good keeper. When we were at the Spurs v Shamrock Rovers game we spent most of the night with a group of Shamrock fans. They realy know their football & also knew a lot about the Scottish game, they were devasted to lose him but thought he would be a great keeper for us.

Personally I would like to see him get a start sooner rather than later or come the end of the season I could see him leaving.

Yes Enks has saved us a few points but like some people on here I don't always feel confident especially with his ability to flap.

But like all decisions I am sure Lomas will do what he has to for the team.

You don't get any points in a cup tie.

There's a reason you build up a squad of players rather than a team. If our back up keeper is never going to get a game when our first choice has a wobble we'd be better bringing Chris Hillcoat back and parking him on the bench for the cost of Chinese.

Not a great recruitment advert for attracting others in the future either. Give Mannus a chance.

There should be competition for every position in the team. I am a fan of Enks but if Mannus doesn't get a chance now, he would be entitled to think that there is no competition, in which case he would be entitled to want away. From his track record before joining Saints, I think we would want to keep him.

Enks has made a few changers that have cost us points this season but he has also won us points.

Saturday was horrific. After seeing the 1st united goal and the 5th united goal then he has to take full responsibility for those goals.

The first he tried to punch the ball?!?! WTF. Catch the damn thing and the last goal he caused the problem with Dave.

Clangers against Aberdeen with shite kick right to their boy also.

Mannus was signed as an international goalie and deserves a chance at least. Enks needs dropped a game to get his head screwed back on.

It is with deep regret but for once i have to agree with Edstar. Encks is a disaster and its rubbing off on the defence and a large section of the support. Its now at the stage where you are expecting a mistake at some point of a match. Its definitely time for Mannus to get a game and the Hearts game tomorrow is the perfect opportunity.

To be fair to Encks he wasnt the only one who fell way short on Saturday - we can only hope it one of these off days teams have once in a while and they can put things right tomorrow night and give us a real chance of making the semi-final again.

Just to confirm, i am only agreeing with Edstar on this one topic as i really wouldnt want his head getting any bigger, bursting mid match and making a horrendous mess!!!!!!!!

It is with deep regret but for once i have to agree with Edstar. Encks is a disaster and its rubbing off on the defence and a large section of the support. Its now at the stage where you are expecting a mistake at some point of a match. Its definitely time for Mannus to get a game and the Hearts game tomorrow is the perfect opportunity.

To be fair to Encks he wasnt the only one who fell way short on Saturday - we can only hope it one of these off days teams have once in a while and they can put things right tomorrow night and give us a real chance of making the semi-final again.

Just to confirm, i am only agreeing with Edstar on this one topic as i really wouldnt want his head getting any bigger, bursting mid match and making a horrendous mess!!!!!!!!

I knew you would come round to my way of thinking :wink:

I think there is no doubt Enckleman's standard has dropped but he's still a quality keeper. The fans should not write him off. Perhaps a few games on the bench is in order but I'd still regard him firmly as our number 1!

That seems to be the thoughts of most, and I don't disagree. Will be interesting though if Mannus comes in and really performs on a regular basis