#31 - 19/02/12 - Aberdeen 0-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen games against Saints are normally dire and any team managed by Craig Brown will always put its defence first so I suppose a 0-0 draw was not a surprise.

Why Sky have chosen to broadcast 2 of these games this year is beyond me.

If I was not a Saints fan I would certainly not have watched all of that game.

Let's hope if we make the top 6 Aberdeen do not as we just cannot seem to get in any flow against them this season.

Agree with that. Brown has always been defencive but we weren`t too adventurous today. I don`t think our fullbacks went over the halfway line all game.

Two very important things happened this afternoon - clean sheet and we picked up something from the game. Good - seeing as we would have been drained mentally and physically from tuesday.

Need to really work hard before game on Sat and get some momentum again. Was sad to see such a porr performance from Morris, far too many slack and misplace passes (some bordering on the hospital category).

Onwards and upwards, opportunity to get back to 4th on Sat.

COYS!!

Don't know where you were watching the game.

Only thing in your comment I agree with is Dons were the form team.

Also where did you see Saints defence were shite.

Wright may have not been up to his usual high standard and his distribution was woeful, however Dons defence gifted Saints possession on numerous occasions and on another day would have been punished.

Surely you could see that our defence was playing well below the level we have come to expect recently. Too many silly individual errors. At times we made it too easy for aberdeen. Davidson has looked dodgy recently and I'll be very surprised if he keeps his place at LB against Dunfermline. Wright looked as though he is still getting the sharpness back.

Surely you could also see that the team was crying out for some pace or someone direct. Sheridan was barely involved, he should have been replaced well before the 81st minute. It just wasn't working in the final third, croft wasted at least 2 great chances with a poor final ball or poor decision making. The chance Fran blasted over the bar was one that we all would have expected him to score.

Maybe I should ask you and The Lark where you watched the game!!? These were all pretty obvious problems with our performance, in my opinion.

Not to worry though, it's been a tough run of games and we are still very much in with a chance of 4th. Beating Dunfermline next weekend will not be easy, we have a pretty poor home record against them in recent years.

Surely you could see that our defence was playing well below the level we have come to expect recently. Too many silly individual errors. At times we made it too easy for aberdeen. Davidson has looked dodgy recently and I'll be very surprised if he keeps his place at LB against Dunfermline. Wright looked as though he is still getting the sharpness back.

Surely you could also see that the team was crying out for some pace or someone direct. Sheridan was barely involved, he should have been replaced well before the 81st minute. It just wasn't working in the final third, croft wasted at least 2 great chances with a poor final ball or poor decision making. The chance Fran blasted over the bar was one that we all would have expected him to score.

Maybe I should ask you and The Lark where you watched the game!!? These were all pretty obvious problems with our performance, in my opinion.

Not to worry though, it's been a tough run of games and we are still very much in with a chance of 4th. Beating Dunfermline next weekend will not be easy, we have a pretty poor home record against them in recent years.

Well said.

Just shows you the difference between a TV programme and actually being there to see the full "picture" ---

HOODLUM would have been yapping most of the time to the Barmaids amid his consuming of Guinness !

QUOTE=One Goran Stanic;484845]Surely you could see that our defence was playing well below the level we have come to expect recently. Too many silly individual errors. At times we made it too easy for aberdeen. Davidson has looked dodgy recently and I'll be very surprised if he keeps his place at LB against Dunfermline. Wright looked as though he is still getting the sharpness back.