slovenia v scotland 29/2/12

541ntees

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there a game last night?

Thanks to the commercial decision to only show this game on some obscure Pay per view channel with no terrestrial highlights package will mean many will be like myself and have not seen any of the game bar the goals on the news the morning.

This along with the ridiculous decision to play all the under 21 games at St Mirrens legoland stadium makes me concerned as to where the SFA think the market for Scotland fans is.

As to the manager he is doing a great job with a very limited talent pool. Yes he has made mistakes but name a manager who has not! He needs to stand his ground with pro team GB Fletcher and with his arrogant stance would the players or the fans even welcome Fletcher back.

Did the SFA have any say in the matter regarding where the game could be broadcast? My understanding was Slovenian TV had the rights to it so I'm not sure what the SFA could have done.

Its hardly surprising scottish strikers go in the huff when any English striker who's had a can of irn bru gets picked ahead of you and when they are all unavailable we play with no strikers. Levein is a t*** and created this problem. He humiliated fletcher and all of scottish football against Czech Republic.

Fletcher is English.

Did the SFA have any say in the matter regarding where the game could be broadcast? My understanding was Slovenian TV had the rights to it so I'm not sure what the SFA could have done.

I have just been on the SFA facebook page where lots of people had made a similar complaint re last nights game and you are correct in that the SFA state " we have no control over away match rights, each home association negotiates with broadcasters" so Sky and the BBC must have been out bid by Primetime.

With the need to play more away games for ranking points I guess this may happen more often.

Got to feel sorry for McCormack but who would he have replaced?

Looks like Levein has done a good bit of business if he gets Phillips capped.

Allan McGregor (Rangers), Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Matt Gilks (Blackpool); Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Wigan), Grant Hanley (Blackburn), Russell Martin (Norwich); Charlie Adam (Liverpool), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Don Cowie (Cardiff), Graham Dorrans (West Brom), James Morrison (West Brom), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds), Barry Robson (Middlesbrough), Matt Phillips (Blackpool); Jamie Mackie (QPR), James Forrest (Celtic), David Goodwillie (Blackburn), Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton), Kenny Miller (Cardiff)

I'd go :

------------------Shagger---------------

Hutton Caldwell Berra Bardsley

Bannan Brown Adam Morrison Forrest

----------------Miller-------------------

Wot....no GARY KENNETH? Levein has high hopes for him.

Believe he has refused to sign a new contract.

Wouldn't accept him at McD EVEN IF HE WAS FOR FREE.

Would rather have LEE WILKIE with his dodgy legs.

If you think Mackie or CMS is as good a player as Steven Fletcher you're having a laugh. The quicker Levein is replaced the better.

We are talkin about STEVEN EFFIN FLETCHER! Not Kenny Dalgleish, he's ok, he plays at a good level, David Goodwillie is, pound for pound a far better football player..and will surpass Fletcher....because of his ability, but more importantly because of his attitude. levein dropped Goodie more than once for his attitude, and Goodle worked his way back in by playing better. Fletcher won't even play....his choice fn dimwit!

We are talkin about STEVEN EFFIN FLETCHER! Not Kenny Dalgleish, he's ok, he plays at a good level, David Goodwillie is, pound for pound a far better football player..and will surpass Fletcher....because of his ability, but more importantly because of his attitude. levein dropped Goodie more than once for his attitude, and Goodle worked his way back in by playing better. Fletcher won't even play....his choice fn dimwit!

What a load of crap. Goodwillie will sink into oblivion when he goes down to Championship next season. Oh wait is he not in oblivion at the moment. can`t get in the team ahead of two englishmen.

What a load of crap. Goodwillie will sink into oblivion when he goes down to Championship next season. Oh wait is he not in oblivion at the moment. can`t get in the team ahead of two englishmen.

id say yak and hoillet are better than the wolves strikers fletcher is up against

This along with the ridiculous decision to play all the under 21 games at St Mirrens legoland stadium makes me concerned as to where the SFA think the market for Scotland fans is.

sounded like the u21 game was a sell-out. sfa have to take credit for the pricing structure esp for that k.o time.

another great result against a good dutch side.

our u21's look exciting with players like gms rhodes and russell.

Which one? Yakubu? Good English name that. Or is it the boy Hoilett who has been tipped with a move to one of the big 4 on more than one occaision.

Goodwillie needs time to step up but his scoring record up here I'd imagine surpasses that of Englishman Fletcher and there's no doubting he's better off the ball!

Its hardly surprising scottish strikers go in the huff when any English striker who's had a can of irn bru gets picked ahead of you and when they are all unavailable we play with no strikers. Levein is a t*** and created this problem. He humiliated fletcher and all of scottish football against Czech Republic.

Humiliated a nation by getting pummelled one nil away to the Czech Republic? Seriously? And you might want to check where Fletcher was born.

Goodwillie's record of goals to starts is marginally poorer than Fletcher's this season and is better than Fletcher's for his first EPL season. Fletcher is a better goal scorer, something Scotland lack, but Goodie contributes more else where on the pitch and is able to play in a support or wing role. All this irrelevant as Flecther chose to rule himself out. And for all those complaining about the "English" players and wanting Fletcher to play, I suggest you actually look into Flecther's background.

Goodwillie's record of goals to starts is marginally poorer than Fletcher's this season and is better than Fletcher's for his first EPL season. Fletcher is a better goal scorer, something Scotland lack, but Goodie contributes more else where on the pitch and is able to play in a support or wing role. All this irrelevant as Flecther chose to rule himself out. And for all those complaining about the "English" players and wanting Fletcher to play, I suggest you actually look into Flecther's background.

I will stick up for goodwillie here.

Has there been a young scottish striker who has went directly into the premiership and has hit the ground running straight away. I doubt it.

I never once thought that goodwillie would do so and would need at least a season to get used to the change.

He is still a stupid young laddie who's wages have increased dramatically and has had to move down south.

Some sort of settling in time should be expected.