Killie 3rd of March

Dr Christmas Jones

Got a 57 seater going for this but only got 40 names.Will have room for about 15 Reekies if your up for it,although I heard you might be organising a trip on the train.The only problem might be coming into Edinburgh itself but would be happy to pick you up on the outskirts(maybe Crammond Brig or something)and let the guys out for a wee refreshment also.I'll have exact numbers by Saturday and will be in the 2ser or pm me if it sounds like a goer.Bus leaves Perth at 11.

cys

Got a 57 seater going for this but only got 40 names.Will have room for about 15 Reekies if your up for it,although I heard you might be organising a trip on the train.The only problem might be coming into Edinburgh itself but would be happy to pick you up on the outskirts(maybe Crammond Brig or something)and let the guys out for a wee refreshment also.I'll have exact numbers by Saturday and will be in the 2ser or pm me if it sounds like a goer.Bus leaves Perth at 11.

cys

Aye we were talking about the train but this could be worth discussing. Buses are always a bit more fun for a sing song :)

That is one hell of a detour for you guys....
Not that much a detour Stu.Probably about 1h 30 mins from Perth to Killie.From Perth to the Crammond Brig I would say 35 mins and probably about an 1hr 10 mins from Edinburgh to Killie.As long as you lot behave :razz: ,dont mind picking you up.Was going to stop for a drink in Edinburgh,but the lure of the triangle:wink: for some of the guys,we might give it a miss and just stop somewhere closer to Killie.We ll have 15 seats free for definite and Ill let you know by Saturday afternoon if there are anymore.

Okay, I'm also still pretty tempted after looking at the prices for the trains.

This is a general quick search from the Scotrail web-site.

£32.80 return

leaving at around 09.30 and arriving at 11:50

Return jounrney leaves Killie at around 18:30 and doesn't get back to Edinburgh until 20:45 after 2 changes!

Jones, how much would we be looking at each for the bus, and is there a loo on board?:neutral:

Okay, I'm also still pretty tempted after looking at the prices for the trains.

This is a general quick search from the Scotrail web-site.

£32.80 return

leaving at around 09.30 and arriving at 11:50

Return jounrney leaves Killie at around 18:30 and doesn't get back to Edinburgh until 20:45 after 2 changes!

Jones, how much would we be looking at each for the bus, and is there a loo on board?:neutral:

Daysaver (any train on Sat ) £22.30 Quite a good selection. Where you mention 2 changes thats the walk between Central & Queen St

Had another couple of drop outs so unsure if it would be worth your while coming all the way down here for two folk. Looks like it will have to be train for us.

Nae probs.We have 40 so its easier to fill 9 spaces than 17 so will just change the bus size.Still a bit of apathy,what with league position,start of the month,big game in the race for Europe etc.Never mind,Im sure there will still be a big crowd down.

See you there CYS

How many people are going for this group saver, are there only four of you or is there there chance of more, and is anyone getting on a Waverley, if is only four will probably just drive rather than pay full price and get home at a decent time for the sake of saving a couple of quid on the train

Edited by crieffsaintandy

How many people are going for this group saver, are there only four of you or is there there chance of more, and is anyone getting on a Waverley, if is only four will probably just drive rather than pay full price and get home at a decent time for the sake of saving a couple of quid on the train

How about we all meet at Haymarket and work it out? Stu's only going one way, Dougie has a rail card so not even sure there will be 4 of us for it.

£18.70 isn't the end of the world either though

Edited by Baldy Marc

Was thinking exactly the same Marc.

I could use Dougies railcard, and we can work it out between us.

Barney may be coming too, and there may be others aswell.

So we meeting at 10am at the station/Ryries.

Stu

Barney's dropped out as per usual, under the proverbial thumb to say the least!

Not sure you would get away with using my rail card though, great big picture of my noggin on it.

10am at Ryries is a good shout though

Fuxsake, I'm supposed to be babysitting my nephew on Saturday. I really want to go to Killie though!

How about you guys stop posting about Killie/trains/football/beer etc as you're making me jealous!

Likewise Neil, I wasn't going but can't resist!! Get yourself along give Nicky a chance to do the loving auntie thing:laugh:

No kids with me this weekend, better things to do, so free pass for me, so see you all at haymarket,