Sponsored walk for Saints and others Saturday 26TH May

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is in place for Saturday.

The bus for the Dundee walkers will be leaving Barossa St at 8.15am so please be there at 8.10 at the latest.

All walkers will receive route instructions on the bus.

The support vehicle and first aider will be at advised locations so you can leave your ruck sacks/jackets etc in the vehicle knowing where you will be able to meet them again.

Yellow visibility jackets are advised but if not at least a yellow top.

It could be warm so please bring water. There will be water on the bus, about 30 bottles and some of this will go in the support vehicle. There are shops on the way for top ups.

The club are laying on food for the walkers and sa few supporters at 5pm.

Please bring your sponsor forms with you. Each form will be signed off on the day and a note of the figure raised taken . This figure on Saturday will be the amount that will go towards the season ticket competition. You can carry on fund raising after you finish but it is the signed on the day amount that counts for the season tickets.

For those walking the North Inch route, whatever time you start please be back in the club for 5pm. Starting times will vary depending upon how many laps you are doing.

Massive thanks to everyone who has agreed to give up there time to walk and to everyone that has sponsored a walker.

There will be a raffle in the club at 5pm for a signed yellow saints top and signed ball in aid of Erskine House. Tickets are on sale at £1 per strip at the Barossa St bar. The raffle ticket monies will be amalgamated with the Erskine Hse proportion of the walk monies.

See you all on Saturday.

can ye pick me up at the tulloch?

Ghostie has organised the bus with Perth Exec, think it will be a bit late to change the route now, so you will probably have to get to Barossa St.

There are a few out of towners getting up eraly to get to Barossa ST for 8.15 so hopefully you will make it OK. Or you can try Ghostie but it may be too late.

See you tomorrow, Scooters not allowed!! and remember the sun cream and bring some for Larky.

Ghostie has organised the bus with Perth Exec, think it will be a bit late to change the route now, so you will probably have to get to Barossa St.

There are a few out of towners getting up eraly to get to Barossa ST for 8.15 so hopefully you will make it OK. Or you can try Ghostie but it may be too late.

See you tomorrow, Scooters not allowed!! and remember the sun cream and bring some for Larky.

Better make that two bottles of sun cream for Larky, as he has a larger area to protect.:laugh::laugh:

6.50 am and the sun is out already, going to be warm. Plenty of water stops on the route and the support vehicle will also be at designated points along the way.

Bring a hat and splash that cream all over!

Look forward to seeing all the Dundee walkers at 8.15 and to meting up with the North Inh walkers back in the club. Hopefully there will be a few supporters there as well to welcome us all back.

Thanks to everyone that is taking part.

Sad to have to report that i had to withdraw from the walk this morning

Hurt myself last night playing Football and a visit to A+E this morning for a Diagnosis of torn Medial Knee ligaments.

Apologies to all who pleged money for me to take part, not sure how those thing work but if any one wants money back i will arrange for this to happen.

Gonna feel really silly going about collecting money in those circumstances, but i will do the walk even if its on my own when i have recovered

In the meantime

Sorry

Gav

That was great, cant post anything sensible as 8 pts of Fosters and a very strong sun gets you a bit cocco locco.

We raised 3k today for saints and good causes.

Thanks to everyone that walked or helped out on the day or sponsored one of the walkers.

More tomorrow I need some more cocco locco.

Sponsored walk-For those that don't know i failed to do this today, i tore my medial ligament in my knee last night playing football.Any way i had felt pretty shit about not doing it, not only did i feel i had let every one down but i really wanted to do it!!Especially when i have raised over £200 in what could be seen as false presences !!However if you have paid me up front you can have it back if you want, but here this first.........All day i had been thinking through my pain, i'm gonna do this myself, at the same time thinking , on my own screw that!!Well Scott Gordon who also missed it today, and i have agreed we are going to do it together at a to be planned date when i have recovered!Let you know when we have a date, but i am out for 5 to 8 weeks!!

had a braw time,am walkin like i shat masel.thanks to the back up driver dudes ,ginger for the entertainment and the rest of the crew.well braw of the bus company that drove us oot to dundee as well.

ken ye were seek larky but that sounds a braw idea of you and scott doing the walk,something to look forward to when ye recover.all is not lost then as ye can gather more donations in the meantime.if am no workin i could volunteer as a back up driver.am no walkin that again .choo choo the noo.

Thought I would be a bit stif this morning but thnkfully no more aches and pains than normal!

Thanks to all the walkers yesterday, to the support vehicle drivers without who we could not have done it.Thanks to Perth Exec Travel who donated the water and laid on a free bus for the Dundee walkers.

Thanks to Barossa St for laying on the grub when we got back, to Jim Mason and the Evening Tully for taking the pictures and covering the event and to SJFC for donating the 2 season tickets.

Thanks to everyone that dug deep and sponsored a walker.

The morning walk from Dundee got harder as the sun got hotter. The first walkers got back just before 2pm,thats pretty good going. SLF and I brought up the rear having had to take a detour via the bar at the Glencarse Hotel, we got to Ice Cold at Barossa ST at 3.30pm.

The afternoon walkers had it really hot on the inch, that cant have been easy so really well done. The youngest walker in the afternoon was just over 1 year old, well done.

No one got lost on the day and no one was injured although there will be a few with some sun burn this morning.

This is our charity event and we are planning to make this an annual occassion. If there is enough support our walk next year could see us having a saintees picnic at the top of Ben Nevis.

Ghostie wont be posting as he is sitting on 9,999 posts and is keeping his 10,000 for something special. However it is worth mentioning that this was Ghosties first of 3 sponspored events with the west highland way and ben nevis still to come, great stuff ghostie who has already raised over£1,400 on his own.

That was a great day SLF and I had a right laugh on the walk and good luck to gav and Scott when you eventually get to do it.

h

Well done to every single person who took part, not one single failure, it was scorching !!!! I was knackered and sweating just walking from George street to meet up with the inch walkers as they finished !!! Best I could do was buy the walkers a drink at the club afterwards, I felt useless in all honesty after the effort these guys and girls had put in. Seeing all of you on Saturday afternoon, knackered but proud of what you had done, just reinforced my thoughts that this initiative is the right thing to support, there are some good people involved and I wish I could offer more constructive help. Well done again to all of you on Saturday !!!!!!