#34 - 17/03/12 - St Mirren 0-3 Saints - SPL

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result. Top 6 a certainty now so lets just go for as many points as poss between now & split. no need to hold out for draws now.

As for 4-4-2 v 4-5-1 or whatever formation. How can anyone say whether we won because we were playing 4-5-1. By all reports Midden had most of the first half so 4-4-2 may have been a better formation.

Anyway we seem to get better results away from home & do play more defenceively away.

Great result. Top 6 a certainty now so lets just go for as many points as poss between now & split. no need to hold out for draws now.

As for 4-4-2 v 4-5-1 or whatever formation. How can anyone say whether we won because we were playing 4-5-1. By all reports Midden had most of the first half so 4-4-2 may have been a better formation.

Anyway we seem to get better results away from home & do play more defenceively away.

We won because we have seen what they have done to us before and tactically outfoxed them. Playing muzz against goodwin and stopped him playing worked. Muzz was also the most forward midfield player, in there to support Fran.

We won with better tactics, and far better players

Great win and great day out. Only my pie let me down today (worst I've ever had) and even the weather was with us.

Was surprised and nervous at the lineup as I felt, like previous games against midden, we were giving them too much respect. Crofts wonferful goal gave us a boost but we never really got the game by the scruff of the neck. It seemed the players were instructed to let St Mirren have the ball as much as they want until they inevitably screw it up then hit them quick on the break. The problem with this was the lack of support for Fran when we did get forward.

The 2nd half started with us being hemmed in for 20 mins solid and there was many calls for a change of formation at this stage but Lomas stuck with it. Around the 65th minute it seemed Muzz remembered he was supposed to be attacking then all of a sudden we got very much on top. In fact, we ripped them apart time and time again. The final score flattered them in the end. Sandaza looked a relieved man when he scored after missing 3 easy chances and Muzz missed 2. When we got 2 goals the confidence visibly soared and we started playing some brilliant football.

Great result in the end against a team who I suspect think they are slightly better than they really are.

Great fact. Fondly remember putting three passed them at Love Street too.

I think that was one of my favourite games ever. A first division team going to an SPL team's ground and absolutely destroying then with slick passing and 3 goals which were such high quality you'd struggle to see better ones in any league, anywhere. I think Sheerin deliberately missed the penalty that night cause it wasn't a quality enough goal! It's just a pity that they were all scored at the opposite end!

I think that was one of my favourite games ever. A first division team going to an SPL team's ground and absolutely destroying then with slick passing and 3 goals which were such high quality you'd struggle to see better ones in any league, anywhere. I think Sheerin deliberately missed the penalty that night cause it wasn't a quality enough goal! It's just a pity that they were all scored at the opposite end!

1-0 in the league cup,Heddle.They were the Scottish cup holders at the time.

Definitely 1 of my faves as well, we were magnificent that night. Quinns finish was as good as you'll ever see it was that good and the way Jackson was set up just oozed class. The cup runs we had round about that time were brilliant. Its always better being a 1st div team going on a cup runs like them and being genuine contenders for the cups as well. I think we had more of chance then than we had this year.

Shout to whoever decided to adapt Giggs' song at Man Utd for Lee Croft. Works really well IMO.

For those that don't know it, it's to the tune of Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Goes a little something like: Croft, Croft will tear you apart, again.

i liked that when it got sung at the game.i wish i had thought of that one its doss.