Saints and the Rangers Saga?

soulfulsaint

The Rangers saga rumbles on and is being discussed elsewhere on the forum but I am keen to get views on 4 key questions, which directly impact on St Johnstone and so are more appropriate to Saints Chat.

1. If Rangers lose either their EBT ‘Big Tax Case’ or the forthcoming SFA enquiry discovers that players-contracts were not properly lodged and registered, St Johnstone would have reasonable claims to expect to be declared the League Cup Winners 1998 having been the beaten finalist. Up to 4 players participated who may not have been properly registered. Would you consider it to be our just reward, or would it be a ‘tainted’ trophy?

2. Campbell Ogilvie now President of the SFA and then Rangers company secretary has admitted he ‘finalised the paperwork’ that registered players such as Lorenzo Amoruso, who played against St Johnstone on 29 November, 1998. Amoruso probably benefitted from the EBT scheme and so his entire contractual earnings were not lodged with the SFA in breach of the relevant rules. What is your view on Campbell Ogilvie’s role in this now crucial day in St Johnstone’s history?

3. If Rangers cannot trade out of administration and are subsequently liquidated – which remains a very real possibility if they lose the Big Tax Case - would you wish to see them re-enter the SPL, and if so what punishment would you accept? If not what would be your preferred scenario? What do you think would be in St Johnstone’s best interests?

4. Aberdeen fans have already posted an ‘open letter’ to their board of directors recommending that they do not co-operate with a newco Rangers if one is brought into being. How would you advise Steve Brown (St Johnstone) to act as he will have a vote in any SPL deliberations?

I welcome all views but can I ask that we stick to the thread. Thanks

1. Tainted. Declare no winner.

2. Position untenable. Should go or be removed.

3. Repay all their debts in full, selling off all assets to achieve this. Reapply to SFL with whatever they have left.

4. No to Newco.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very fact that Broon is booting out his own fans and making room for the "next generation" in the Ormond Stand is the very telling sign that he has no bottle and will put VERY short term financial stability ahead of the long term progression of our dear club. NEWCO will arrive. SICKENING.

SPEAK UP!!!!

So encouraging the next generatiuon of Perth youngsters to support their local team shows that he has no bottle.:roll:

The very fact that Broon is booting out his own fans and making room for the "next generation" in the Ormond Stand is the very telling sign that he has no bottle and will put VERY short term financial stability ahead of the long term progression of our dear club. NEWCO will arrive. SICKENING.

Stevie boy........your time has arrived to be a true LEADER of men.............to gain the respect of your fans....................to ultimately do the right thing. Sadly, I doubt he will, my brief conversation with him receently made me trust him as much as a crowd of kids standing next to a large bowl of Haribos.

How can the voice of the majority, OUR club be represented properly? Speak up comrades, or Stevie let us know that you have the capacity and vision to be a leader of Saints.

SPEAK UP!!!!

short-term? giving up the money he gets from kids through the turnstyles? i would suggest that he is playing the long game with that one....

Why doesn't SB just vote NO on the probably correct assumption that most other Chairmen will vote YES. In this way his conscience is clear and he can choose to tell us how he voted if he wishes to.

If his assumption is WRONG, and his NO vote is part of the majority then he knows he was not alone as others must clearly also have voted NO, and as part of the majority he has helped the SPL make a momentous decision of which he and we can be proud.

Why doesn't SB just vote NO on the probably correct assumption that most other Chairmen will vote YES. In this way his conscience is clear and he can choose to tell us how he voted if he wishes to.

If his assumption is WRONG, and his NO vote is part of the majority then he knows he was not alone as others must clearly also have voted NO, and as part of the majority he has helped the SPL make a momentous decision of which he and we can be proud.

Nice idea, but if he is going to vote YES, I'd rather he just got on and did it and then is man enough to tell everyone then accept whatever consequences that would mean for Saints from myself and many others. Now is not the time for dishonesty. Been FAR too much of that already. From Rangers, the media, SPL, Doncaster, etc. SICK OF IT.

I don't want him to lie. I want him to vote as he sees it - if that is a YES vote then that is for SB to explain if he so wishes to do.

But he shouldn't be afraid of voting NO if that is what he really wants to do. My plea is simply aimed at that that - SB don't be frightened of voting NO if that is what you really want to do.

Did you actually think about what you are posting. "making room for the next generation" followed by "but looking at short term financial stability"

no he is looking at the future of the club and the financial future by bringing in supporters for the futuire.

NO!! The VERY opposite, I apologise if not clear. If Brown votes "Yes" (my feeling is he will), he will alienate fans and there will be no next generation to worry about. Simples.

As Mr Jock Stein said "without fans football is nothing".

NO!! The VERY opposite, I apologise if not clear. If Brown votes "Yes" (my feeling is he will), he will alienate fans and there will be no next generation to worry about. Simples.

As Mr Jock Stein said "without fans football is nothing".

your not the only one that thinks it will be a yes vote

Not just by Steve brown but by the majority of spl chairmen

The whole saga seems to be perfectly timed ie season ticket renewals, fixture lists

The rangers supporting tabloids with the sky will pull out chestnut

And your clubs will go bust without us mongers

Have a look on the Rangers forum. " The Bears Den", if you can tolerate the vile levels of hatred they spout. They should be demoted just for that. Sad.

I was liking what this guy was saying over on the BD - then oh dear it all goes wrong - then he tries hard to recover...

3rd Division is the right thing, the fair thing, the best way, and, sporting integrity will be upheld. Those *u*ts voting us in goes against any integrity. There shouldn't even be a vote.

Well Steve - isn't nice to know how much gratitude you'll get from some elements of the The Rangers support if you vote yes.