Fife’s Finest Supporters Club 7's

SaintDougie

The past two years we have entered an Edinburgh Saints SC in the Scotspurs 7's so I was asked to put this up by one of my Raith supporting mates as I mentioned there may be a few interested.

Details of this year’s Fife’s Finest SC 7s –

The tournament is being held at Stark’s Park on Saturday 19th May. The tournament will take the format of 3 groups of 6 teams playing each other once in a league format, with the top 2 from each group plus 2 best 3rd-placed teams proceeding to the quarter-finals. Matches are 10 minutes each, and for knock-outs will go straight to penalties should the match result in a draw.

The Raith Suite will be open throughout the tournament and we will have a buffet put on for teams for the after-match function where we hope players and their guests will join us to watch the Scottish Cup final.

For teams who are out to make a day of it, we have reserved some pool tables in Styx Pool Bar later, and their minibuses will pick us up from Stark’s Park to take us down there after the Scottish Cup final.

Cost of entry is £100 per team, and the money will go to Raith Rovers FC. We are also looking to use the event to raise money for the Maggie’s Centre in Kirkcaldy (a Cancer supporter centre) and would be grateful if teams were able to make a donation to the charity, by way of sponsorship or any other fundraising idea. This donation is completely voluntary and separate from the entry fee. We are also planning a raffle on the day to raise additional funds.

This tournament is by invite only due to limited spaces, and Edinburgh Saints have been invited personally to take part.

A squad of about 9 or 10 would be ideal, however if we had more we would of course make sure everyone played their part. A train journey to Kirkcaldy is prompt and cheap for those of us that want to stick around and watch the Scottish cup final at Starks Park with a few pints.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also.....

in the event Raith finish in the playoffs and need the pitch for the playoff final, we will relocate to an alternative venue nearby for the tournament, but everything else will go as planned. In this instance, we will reduce the admission fee unless teams wish to donate the difference to our cancer charity.

Please note:

The grass will have just been replanted when we play, it won’t be fertilized until the Tuesday. Which is why we can’t wear studs, it’ll have to be trainers or mouldies.

Edited by SaintDougie

Provisionally yes for me as well. Will need to consult the calendar at home to be 100% sure though.

Nikki - If you read this then can Neil come out to play 7s? There is plenty of time for him to get back in time for the wedding. :cool:

Looking good so far for numbers gents, Five (Barney is yet to post but he's in) and two potentials.

A few more details.....

We will of course be wearing Home Saints tops, the season doesn't matter unless it's the 2006/07 when it was white for some reason.

As mentioned previously trainers or mouldies only due to the new pitch being laid Starks Park.

Shin guards advisable.

Edited by SaintDougie

Okay, with a few pending we potentially have ten already which is great news.

Nold: Yes

Ed: Maybe

Andy: Yes*

Nelly: Maybe

Craig: Yes

Stu: Maybe

Ryan: Yes

Barney: Yes

Dougie: Yes

*Thommo: Maybe

As Mark is unable to make it and he played in goals during Scotspurs is anyone willing to volunteer for the position or know anyone that is comfortable in goals?

As Mark is unable to make it and he played in goals during Scotspurs is anyone willing to volunteer for the position or know anyone that is comfortable in goals?

Marc needs to get his priorities in order :wink:

Don't mind going in goal, a few years since i played there but why not, hope the knees hold up to diving about.

Marc needs to get his priorities in order :wink:

Don't mind going in goal, a few years since i played there but why not, hope the knees hold up to diving about.

Braw, we can take turn around if needs be.

Also I want to point out as It’s not very clear in the original post and a couple have asked me where exactly at Starks we're playing, we will be playing on the pitch inside the ground itself. This pending on if Raith finish in 9th place or not as they will have the play-offs.

So whichever way you want to look at it you can either hope they start winning more or losing more when looking out for their results on a Saturday.