Fife’s Finest Supporters Club 7's

SaintDougie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did it go lads?

We ended up with a single point and knocked out at the group stage. We really should have beaten the team we picked up the point against though. We were all over them, hit the post, goal line clearance in the last minute, the lot.

One of the other teams we played against were thugs to say the least, they ended up having a man sent off for putting the heid into Hamish! Of course after that the tackles were tasty to say the least, I ended up wiping out one of their strikers in a one on one as I was in goal. To say I clattered the boy would be an understatement.

By the end of the tournament though it turned out we hadn't done too badly after all, as the two finalist were the other two teams that were in our group and they each only just managed to scrape wins against us by a solitary goal respectively.

Though to be honest I'm sure my sentiments will be echoed when I say we could have done with yourself in the sticks again Marc.

• 10 months later...

The annual tournement is back, details below.....

Hi lads,

The annual Fife’s Finest 7s will be taking place this year on Saturday 1st June at 12pm at Balwearie High School, Kirkcaldy (behind Stark’s Park) and I’d like to invite you to put a team in again.

The tournament this year will consist of 3 groups of 6 teams playing each other once (10 mins per match) in a mini-league, with the top 2 and 2 best 3-rd place teams progressing to the knockout stages, and we’ll have the bar at Stark’s Park open again, with some decent grub this time! (I’ve always wondered what £100-worth of pizzas look like!)

Cost of the tournament is £50 per team. Regular teams and those who played last year will get first refusal as places are limited.

If you’d like to put a team in, please let me know and you and can book your place by paying the entry fee in full by no later than Saturday 18th May into the following account, quoting you team name as a reference:

Sort Code: 80-46-31

Account No: 10103165

Any questions, please ask. For info, the pitch is sand astroturf so strictly no studs or blades.

• 1 month later...

Confirmation of players required. Some of you may have also seen the post on Facebook however I realise not everyone is into social media so if those that are playing please confirm either on this thread or the Facebook post.

So far we have

Dougie

Barney

Nelly

Andy

Daniel

Thommo

Ishy

The more the merrier as it will be cheaper for all those involved. Also someone that is half decent in goals would be preferable. Marc?

Even if your not too keen on playing much, come along as there are drinks and a buffet open after and we tend to head out in Edinburgh when we get back anyway, so this could be our Unofficial end of season perty if you like.

Edited by SaintDougie

Currently we have enough players

Dougie

Barney

Andy

Daniel

Ishy

Graham (The Poly's very own Bolton)

Iain

and a potential couple of others that said they could play if need be.

I will volunteer to go in goals for the tournament as I have ruined my hamstring and doubt very much if I will be able to run around.

With the above numbers it will cost us each £6-£8 to play so I suggest that as this is for a good cause we each put the couple of pound change in the charity bucket on the day.

Those that are travelling through from Edinburgh with us we are looking to get the 10:13 from Haymarket (This will be slightly earlier if you are travelling from Waverley)

There will be drinks and a buffet afterwards however for those that need to make it back to Edinburgh for Work commitments there are trains every hour heading back to civilisation.

COYES