March 31st 1990

Wish i was Joe McGurn

Did someone not send jimmy bone a wreath that day!

I remember a wreath was sent to someone before the game right enough,the gesture even got mentioned in the papers,think it was sent from a certain group of lads from Bridge of Earn,i could be wrong though

What a Brilliant day that was all round,weather,crowd,game,goals,atmosphere all superb.

Oh and F**k yer section B !!!!!

:wink:

I remember a wreath was sent to someone before the game right enough,the gesture even got mentioned in the papers,think it was sent from a certain group of lads from Bridge of Earn,i could be wrong though

My investigative records suggest you are wrong. I am currently advising Jimmy Bone to take out private prosecutions against identifiable members of the Bridgend Rhumba a notorious gang of reprobates from 1990. Some of them are still at large. One or two are so brazen they even post on this very forum but the law must be upheld or we will end up like Rangers :)

On a serious note. This was a significant transitional moment for Saints. Up until that day, Airdrie were seen as a bigger club than us but that thought is now ancient history. By then we had seen off several clubs that were often thought to be bigger than us: Clyde, Morton, Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr etc. Many younger members take being above these teams for granted now. The last twenty have been a remarkable and unprecedented era for the club. Love it.

On a serious note. This was a significant transitional moment for Saints. Up until that day, Airdrie were seen as a bigger club than us but that thought is now ancient history. By then we had seen off several clubs that were often thought to be bigger than us: Clyde, Morton, Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr etc. Many younger members take being above these teams for granted now. The last twenty have been a remarkable and unprecedented era for the club. Love it.

Could not have put it better SS. The innocence of youth ! We have had a chequered past and it would be optimistic in the extreme to suggest it wont happen again in the future.When you have prayed for a late fight-back at Cliftonhill ( and got it) then shooting for Europe again is to be cherished. Going to the "Willie Bauld" dinner at Tynecastle tonight with a huge smile on my coupon. :cool:

My investigative records suggest you are wrong. I am currently advising Jimmy Bone to take out private prosecutions against identifiable members of the Bridgend Rhumba a notorious gang of reprobates from 1990. Some of them are still at large. One or two are so brazen they even post on this very forum but the law must be upheld or we will end up like Rangers :)

Shocking to think a nice group of lads like them would take part in such sordid activities,the shame they must feel now must be overwhelming,but alas they say time is a great healer and Mr Bone has probably finished his therapy by now

:laugh:

Im glad that there are still highlights for the game though,i recall i had a tad too much amber nectar before kick off and most of the game had become a blur,for some strange reason i had to sit in the mainstand that day after swapping tickets or summat,im fecked if i can remember why though !!!!

Atmosphere in McD looks bouncing !!! where have all the supporters gone ???

Atmosphere was superb,only game that came close to that was the Dundee game when we were fighting for the euro spot,as for your question regarding the whereabouts of the supporters,wish i had an answer for ya buddy

Atmosphere was superb,only game that came close to that was the Dundee game when we were fighting for the euro spot,as for your question regarding the whereabouts of the supporters,wish i had an answer for ya buddy

was at the Dundee game - amazing atmosphere :D

Atmosphere in McD looks bouncing !!! where have all the supporters gone ???

I think your location goes part way to answering that question. Perth needs to compete more with the other similar sized towns in bringing in major companies. Unless you want to work in insurance there ain't much else.

I think a large amount of people leave Perth nowadays for studies/employment and those that replace them don't have that affiliation that locals have.