#38 - 07/04/12 - Saints 0-0 Inverness CT - SPL

Okay, taking in to account injuries..what about this for an attacking formation

Mannus

McKay Ando Crackers Liam

Croft Millar Morris Riordan

Sandaza Sheridan

My one concern would be Liams capability against Jonny Hayes,who's a decent winger,who likes to cut inside onto his left peg,therefore onto Liams weaker foot.For that reason,and lack of cover from Riordan, i'd keep Maybury in and Liam in midfield

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Inverness are able to start with Doran and Hayes today, they'll be putting out arguably their strongest side of the season and one with the ability to really hurt a team on the break. We've been fortunate that Hayes hasn't featured in the two games against us and we saw last April what a decent player Doran is. Indeed, I think McInnes tried to sign him last summer, just as he tried to sign Hayes the one before that.

If we leave Mackay and Maybury exposed, there is joy to be had there for Inverness but I'd hope Lomas realises that and us such we'll play our usual system and not something designed to fit one player (who isn't even match fit) into the team. The fact Inverness play at least one holding midfielder also means there is little to be gained IMO from throwing Riordan into the most crowded area of the park.

As was touched upon in another thread, now is not the time of the season to starting fiddling around with the system IMO.

The fact Inverness play at least one holding midfielder also means there is little to be gained IMO from throwing Riordan into the most crowded area of the park.

As was touched upon in another thread, now is not the time of the season to starting fiddling around with the system IMO.

I'd agree - be more keen to see Riordan come on around 65 mins - assuming we have a lead. As kick-off beckons this one worries me just a bit but I'm a nervous fan. Cmon Saints

If Inverness are able to start with Doran and Hayes today, they'll be putting out arguably their strongest side of the season and one with the ability to really hurt a team on the break. We've been fortunate that Hayes hasn't featured in the two games against us and we saw last April what a decent player Doran is. Indeed, I think McInnes tried to sign him last summer, just as he tried to sign Hayes the one before that.

If we leave Mackay and Maybury exposed, there is joy to be had there for Inverness but I'd hope Lomas realises that and us such we'll play our usual system and not something designed to fit one player (who isn't even match fit) into the team. The fact Inverness play at least one holding midfielder also means there is little to be gained IMO from throwing Riordan into the most crowded area of the park.

All very good points, but let's make them have to react to our formation, not us to theirs (without being stupid of course)

this game is massive, would be great to be sitting 2 points behind motherwell going into the split. 8 points would rule out champions league. so lets do this saints!

for me its

Mannus

Mackay Ando Cracks Maybury

Croft Millar Morris Craig

Sheridan Sandazza

subs-Encks Compton Moon Riordan Kudus Keatings Youngster

Edited by 541ntees

this game is massive, would be great to be sitting 3 points behind motherwell going into the split. 9 points would rule out champions league. so lets do this saints!

for me its

Mannus

Mackay Ando Cracks Maybury

Croft Millar Morris Craig

Sheridan Sandazza

subs-Encks Compton Moon Riordan Kudus Keatings Youngster

Unless there is a conspiracy against us we'll be 8 points behind at the worst :wink:

We have to keep up the pressure on United and 'Well or we'll just have to settle for a UEFA spot :laugh: