official site

rickman52

I wonder if with the advent of the social media the website has been left behind a bit.

I know at my own work we now have the website, 2 facebook pages, twitter, a you tube channel, a blog and electronic newsletters along with trip advisor review page that needs monitored.

There is a strategy (in my head) and it probably needs written down as I think its working with numbers using all of these going up and up along with another season of increased bed nights over the winter.

I will admit that sometimes the website can get left behind in all of this and I would suggest that this may have been the case this weekend at Saints.

If anyone at the club wants to speak to me on this, they know who I am!

• 3 weeks later...
i am just saying, there even teams in the lower leagues with better website.

I can't remember the last time I checked the website. Fans are more inclined to check Twitter and Facebook. Social Media is more important than websites and I think Saints know this too. It takes more time to update a website than it does posting a quick status on Facebook or Twitter.

The club need to engage the fans. Social media and web sites are part of that. There should be interviews, features and videos with the players on every single week. Technology these days makes it a piece of piss to do it. Clubs just can't be arsed engaging the fans.

Our wee club is doing it's best, trust me on that.

Doesn`t look like it . We still havent had an explanation about the reason for McKay & Sheridan missing yesterday. Meanwhile all typse of rumours are breaking out. Dropped for speaking out , Family bereavement, Injury & signing pre contacts.

Doesn`t look like it . We still havent had an explanation about the reason for McKay & Sheridan missing yesterday. Meanwhile all typse of rumours are breaking out. Dropped for speaking out , Family bereavement, Injury & signing pre contacts.

Exactly. The lack of information to come out of saints is ridiculous. I wasn't sure if Jamie Adams had quit football altogether when he was missing for months - no mention of his injury. Moon too, disappears for weeks and no mention.

As for 'wee team doing its best'. Bollocks. Were a company turning over in excess of 4 million a year not an independent pig farmer. A social media presence is free. A tweet takes 60 seconds.

If our lack of updates and engagement with the fans annoy you so much why don't both of you volunteer your services. http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=2011

like we have time to volunteer when we have jobs and how many people can work for free these days.

Edited by dan loves saints

If our lack of updates and engagement with the fans annoy you so much why don't both of you volunteer your services. http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=2011

I did contact the club over 7 days ago, showing what I was doing on facebook pages for work and Boys Brigade in Perth. I put in a few other ideas but I have not even had an acknowledgment of my interest in this post, so I guess they are looking to keep things as they are but just spread the load rather than try a few different things.

I would assume there will be some changes next season when they put some more people in place.

I did contact the club over 7 days ago, showing what I was doing on facebook pages for work and Boys Brigade in Perth. I put in a few other ideas but I have not even had an acknowledgment of my interest in this post, so I guess they are looking to keep things as they are but just spread the load rather than try a few different things.

I would assume there will be some changes next season when they put some more people in place.

I requested some info about advertising at McDiarmid, I received and acknowledgment, and then heard nothing from them. They need to get some kind of system for keeping on top of their emails me thinks...

• 3 months later...

Looks like the club facebook has changed recently so hopefully the'yre now going to start using it a bit more. Social Media is an important outlet, I barely go on the Official Site anymore (mainly because it's hardly ever updated). I use Twitter and Google News to keep up to date so if the facebook page had some decent content that would be another useful way of promoting the club.