Dodgy Goalkeepers of the past.

SingaporeSaint

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not there for all of Andy Rhodes' reign but he did seem quite competent at the time.

Another one of those guys that pulled off a breathtakingly brilliant save one minute then dropped the ball at an attackers feet the next.

I liked him as our goalie.....even if he was a complete fudd

There was that hellish decision to take that goalie on loan from St Mirren (I think) and then put him straight in in a big game against Hibs at Easter Road. He then proceeded to practically throw two into the back of his net.

I can't remember who was the regular keeper at the time, but I remember that it was a very unpopular decision with the support.

I realise the above is very patchy, but am sure someone on here with a better memory than me will fill in the details :)

Ludovic Roy?

Did he not also brake a bone in his hand in the act of throwing one of those two in the net? Sure i remember he played one game and then got injured by breaking a bone in his hand/wrist.

Another one of those guys that pulled off a breathtakingly brilliant save one minute then dropped the ball at an attackers feet the next.

I liked him as our goalie.....even if he was a complete fudd

Was he the goalie that let Stainrod's 50yd punt in?

How's this for a dodgy keeper.

Albert Lamb, signed from Dundee junior side Stobswell in 45/46. Got "injured" after ten games then tried to claim compensation despite not reporting any injury at the time or submitting a medical certificate. In his ten games in goal he let in three four times, four goals once, five goals twice and six also went past him. The directors told him to get to ****, hopefully using those exact words. Typical Coagie.