#39 - 21/04/12 - Saints 0-2 Dundee Utd - SPL

bigstu

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never in it after 10mins i am afraid.

This time i do mean it Robertson is the worst saints player i have seen and i have seen a lot that are shite i can asssure you.

Lomas was subbing Sandaza after his first yellow and he then gets sent off was it a second yellow or a straight red any way made a cock of himself right enough.

Lomas some strange subs today i assume MaCracken was injured? Haber for Riorden Adams was Knackered wright enough so he got that one right.

Many people will come on here and want to talk about Sandaza. My opinion is that he disgraced himself, showed a bad example to the kids in a packed ormond stand and let his team mates down very badly. There's no defence for kicking another player and there is no defence for fighting with your own players. He showed the mentality of a big fish in a small pond today and it's now up to Lomas to show him that it's not all about him at this club.

The writing was on the wall with the game from the very start. Our squad isn't good enough to cope with those sorts of injuries/suspensions. Lets write this one off and move on. Nobody is to blame and the players really couldn't have done any more against a Dundee United side that we struggle to contain when we're at full strength.

Man that was painful.

Other than the first five mins we were never really in it. Riordan looked quite good on the ball, just a pity no one thought to pass the ball to a player on their team ....seemed to be a long-ball all the time, which the Utd defence had, no problem.

Sandaza certainly let himself, his team-mates and the club down with his stupid sending-off. Whether the other lad kicked him first is irrelevant. While we played better after that, I suspect a bit of that was due to Anderson coming on and Utd happy just to be leading.

I'll try and be polite with Robertson, hopefully he's one of these players that takes time to settle.... he was awful, perhaps because he was played out of position?

Poor, poor show.

Nothing wrong with Davidson today, just Lomas' tactics!

Adams and Davidson taken out of the game due to long ball for 90 minutes :evil:

Spot on. The one who was a complete waste of space was Robertson. Mannus looked shaky today.

McKay and Ando when he came on get pass marks. Sheridan improved when Sandaza got sent off. Straight red plus the yellow. What will he miss?

We were absoluitely shite today, the ref was absolutely shite today and sorry but David Robertson was and indeed is absolutely shite too, absolutely feckin' completely shite. In fact that doesn't do him justice he isn't actually as good as absolutely shite.

Cannae pass, shuts his eyes when the ball comes for a header then ducks, cannae run - he might be a Saintee but he's worse than shite.

How did Lomas manage to make changes and leave him on? There is not an injury severe enough that could justify taking Adams or McCraken off and leaving Robertson on, and the fact that Lomas started him ahead of anyone on the bench has me worrying about what he sees in the rest.

Please tell me that he's out of contract at the end of the season...

Edited by McD

Although Robertson was awful today it's not so much that I object to its the way he hid during the second half. He didn't want the ball and seemed to spend his time looking for a space where he knew he would not be involved.

Oh and Utd have some vile individuals. Rankin tried to get everyone booked, Dillon had a kick at Sandaza, Neilson had a forearm smash on Robertson which I had hoped might improve him. Oh and the feigning injuries.

Simply very disappointed today. Yet again we reach a watershed game and don't turn up.. Well beaten by a better team. Out fought, out thought and out classesd..On the bright side , it has still been a great season and there are still games to go, so it aint over by a long shot. For the last 4 games though we simply CANNOT allow our performance to fall to the levels of today. Well done Dundee Utd..

As for Saints, I feel the manager has to take a huge chunk of the blame for this one. Tough with Croft missing and suspensions but that team today had no bottle and looked beaten as soon as the goal went in.

As for Sandaza....Well he's been great for us most of the season but today I just feel very let down by him..

And finally to the guy who threw his scarf on the pitch with 10 minure left and walked oot. You're a ****ing trumpet. We are St.Johnstone and we are 5th in the SPL. While I understand you feel let down and angry, throwing yer scarf on the pitch was one of the most stupid things I have ever seen.. Get a ****ing grip man...

Although Robertson was awful today it's not so much that I object to its the way he hid during the second half. He didn't want the ball and seemed to spend his time looking for a space where he knew he would not be involved.

Him along with many others today, just didn't seem to want to touch the ****ing ball, resulting in our defense having to punt it route one to SaS.....couldn't string more than three passes together.

No desire or passion from any of the team today. (maybe excluding Dave but that's about it tbh)

Don't get me started on Fran or even Lomas's tactics....why did Robertson stay on the pitch for the full 90 minutes; he can't even run ffs

Oh well... it's only a game eh....

Oh and those who don't think we need Morris, please take up knitting. We played absolutely no football without him.

think we need to get used to it... he is out of contract at the end of the season & going by twitter he is heading back down south... hope i am wrong but seems to be what is happening

Fran got booked for the square root of **** all and you could see his head had gone after that and the United players were taking advantage of that fact. Lomas went to take him out of the situation but it was too late. Yes, he let the team down today, but he has been brilliant all season and we can't be too quick to forget that.

The whole performance was disjointed today, long balls over the top caught us out again and again. Mannus was shaky, defence was shaky, midfield was non existant and the strikers never even looked like scoring. Bad day at the office, move on to the next one.

Also a very petty gripe but every week when the attendence is announced it is said they especially thank the away fans for coming, why?

Oh and Utd have some vile individuals. Rankin tried to get everyone booked, Dillon had a kick at Sandaza, Neilson had a forearm smash on Robertson which I had hoped might improve him. Oh and the feigning injuries.

I totally & whole heartedly agree with you John, United are a team of vile individuals, some of tackles that were put in by that wee shite Flood, also how just prior to the incident with Fran, the defender with the leading elbow into the back of Fran's head & then a sneaky wee kick out him, leading Fran to lose the plot & kick him, Dixon (I have just been informed that he has in fact been called up for the British Olympic diving team alongside Ashley Young replacing Tom Daley), & as for the blatant handball by Lesley Neilson, I find myself asking? the question how when then the Ref is facing the play cannot or will not see a handball. This game was not only spoilt as possible good game by the incompetence of a sub-standard ref but the most blatant cheating & diving from a SPL team I think I have ever watched.

People say McInnes took too long to change it about when it wasn't working.

Did Lomas even have a game plan today? They hit us with long balls up the park all day and we decided to not press at any point during the game. I said before hand we would need to press them and stuck in, maybe I should be manager :laugh::laugh:

I was really excited about this match, thought we had a great chance, then I saw Robertson was starting and that was it. The guy is worse than a man down. Swankie got more abuse than him and he is 10 times the player Robertson will ever be. Bet he was hide and seek champion at school.

Sheridan only tried after Sandaza got sent off but why should he bother when the rest of the team look like they didn't give a f**k. Down to 9 men and chasing the game at 1-0 and not 1 player wants the ball from a throw in.

Lomas made a total c**t of it today.

Sandaza, if not already suspended for the rest of the season, shouldn't play for us again this season.

Bring back Alan Main, miles better than these 2. Enckleman would of got absolutely crucified for that performance.

Sheridan only tried after Sandaza got sent off but why should he bother when the rest of the team look like they didn't give a f**k. Down to 9 men and chasing the game at 1-0 and not 1 player wants the ball from a throw in.

Lomas made a total c**t of it today.

Sandaza, if not already suspended for the rest of the season, shouldn't play for us again this season.

Bring back Alan Main, miles better than these 2. Enckleman would of got absolutely crucified for that performance.

No any over reaction there then.

Also a very petty gripe but every week when the attendence is announced it is said they especially thank the away fans for coming, why?

Why not! We need their money, and they add to the atmosphere.

If a simple thank you encourages them to come back, then go for it.