Pubs on a Saturday

THE LARK SAINT

Going oot on saturday with the wife and family for (daughters engagement) meal at Maltings then Mallard before hitting the town,meeting an old skinhead mate in the Grill,prob end up in B bar then the Burns,might even take a walk roond to the Old Ship then finish the night away in ex service or Barossa club who knows .......... and that wifey oh mine says i never spoil her !!!

:roll:

After so many years away from home, sounds like a wicked night out.

Sounds a reasonbale price for a pint ??? What is the price of a pint in the town (sorry, the city) ??

Clubs around £2.55-£2.70 (up at civil service for meal last week in lounge £2.95 for a pint !!!!)

Sandiemans £2.35

Burns £2.55

mainstream pubs prob averaging around £2.90

All tennents

Heres a wee true story ...about 2-3 months ago the Welcome were advised from their brewers to up the price of their tennents to a recommended £3.55,the landlady didnt agree with this but since her hands were tied she had to sell but at a little less at £3.50 a pint,within roughly 2 weeks she cancelled the tennents orders from the brewers,but £3.05 for a carling is still hellish,along with other factors (smoke ban etc etc) no wonder scheme locals are dying.

BTW £2.85 for tennents in the Mallard !!!

£3.10 for a pint of Guinness in the Saints club.

Took my stepson and his mate in for a game of pool (and a fly pint for me) on Saturday after the match and was a fiver exactly for a pint and two cans of coke. I don't mind paying it but if that was over the course of a night it starts to get pricey.

I think nips in the clubbies are a bit cheaper but I tend to drink pints.

These massive chain pubs are killing the scheme pubs and clubs. I stay in Muirton so I like going to the saints club for a pint as it's close enough by and there's never any bother there. Canny really be arsed with the pubs in the town unless I'm on a night out/pub crawl but then I canny mind the last time I did that!

£3.55 for a pint of cooking lager? That really is ridiculous!

Clubs around £2.55-£2.70 (up at civil service for meal last week in lounge £2.95 for a pint !!!!)

Sandiemans £2.35

Burns £2.55

mainstream pubs prob averaging around £2.90

All tennents

Heres a wee true story ...about 2-3 months ago the Welcome were advised from their brewers to up the price of their tennents to a recommended £3.55,the landlady didnt agree with this but since her hands were tied she had to sell but at a little less at £3.50 a pint,within roughly 2 weeks she cancelled the tennents orders from the brewers,but £3.05 for a carling is still hellish,along with other factors (smoke ban etc etc) no wonder scheme locals are dying.

BTW £2.85 for tennents in the Mallard !!!

It used to be that you expected it to be dearer in the town that your local.

Changed days.

My local when I started going out was The Plough Inn. Not even there any more.

i knew a burd that was born in Ayr and brought up in Doone....:wink::rolleyes:

i knew a lass once,fae just passed stanley

hair like wire and legs so gangly

her only eye was 4 inches big

feet so twisted she walked wi a jig

more ugly lass you'll never see

her mum once threw her up a tree

but we had our fun,sometimes fantastic

it had something to do wi her knicker elastic.

:wink: