Most Improved Play of the Year

Super Saint

Heres one for all you Saints out there.

Who is our most improved player of the year.

For me, there are 3 stand out characters.

1- Steve Ando Anderson. For me has developed into one of the ESPLs best defenders. Big rugged lad who has made the best out of what God gave him.

If we had a proper Scotland manager he would be in.

2- Liam Criagy Craig. Hard working, industrious and a left boot that makes you purr with excitement. Again, should be a Scot.

3- This might suprise you all but Marcus Haber. Did not rate him one iota when he first came but has msucled up and added a yard of pace to his game. Feel he could be a real asset to us moving forwards.

I would give if to Ando Anderson though.

Actually a relatively sensible question.

There are several IMO,

Anderson gets better all the time, rarely caught out of position, which was a failing in the last few seasons, and his distribution has come on dramatically.

Dave MacKay does very little wrong, but his attacking play has been much more productive this year - free kicks are improved, and his deliveries into the box as well. Link up play with Croft has had flashes of brilliance at times.

Liam Craig has imporoved enormously this year, but I put that down to having a stronger left back behind him, either in Callum or Maybury. He is really good at one touch passes, and quick changes of pace to beat defenders, but he often played simpler football before because Grainger was a train wreck of a defender behind him. I think Danny's performances for Hearts against us undeline how hard Craig actually worked to cover him.

Maybury has been excellent in every position he has been asked to play. I previously saw him as a 'good enough' replacement for the back 4, and valuable because he could play anywhere in there, but now he is knocking on the door of being a better left back than Callum, and only the excellence of our other defenders keeps him out of the first team on a regular basis.

Chris Millar continues to improve, and is a valuable player now. The team is worse off without him in it, and I wouldn't have said that last season.

Murray Davidson has improved more in the last 2 months than he has in the preceeding 2 years. Long may that continue!

All in all, nobody in the team has underperformed this season, except perhaps Enckelman on 'some' occasions (Dundee Utd, Brechin), but several players have exceeded my expectations. We are 4th on merit, and it is down to these improvements as much as it is down to the excellent form of Sandaza up front.

Heres one for all you Saints out there.

Who is our most improved player of the year.

For me, there are 3 stand out characters.

1- Steve Ando Anderson. For me has developed into one of the ESPLs best defenders. Big rugged lad who has made the best out of what God gave him.

If we had a proper Scotland manager he would be in.

2- Liam Criagy Craig. Hard working, industrious and a left boot that makes you purr with excitement. Again, should be a Scot.

3- This might suprise you all but Marcus Haber. Did not rate him one iota when he first came but has msucled up and added a yard of pace to his game. Feel he could be a real asset to us moving forwards.

I would give if to Ando Anderson though.

Surely that should read Marcus " Markyman" Haber:laugh:

most improved player is Fran. Arrived a lost player, no form, no confidence. Look at the level his game has come on to! No question he has surpassed all expectations.

Player of the year simply is Ando. Immense season, is a leader in his own right. Qualities once shown by Doobs now shown by Ando. Continues to learn and improve his game at this level. Top player this season.