Fran Sandaza, an appreciation..

watched the match . never feel the need to shout out loud as the fat prick bellow us shouts enough obscenities every game for parents not to bring there kids back but i lost it today with franzes antics....lomas has stuck with him and put up with his greed and indiffrent performances for weeks now and for him to do that today to saints fans and some of his team mates i doubt if he would be wecomed back into the team from either..he did a job but over the piece there were more and more minuses than pluses in his performances...thanks fran but go now.....

What are the minuses that have outweighed 17 goals ( 1 every 2 games) this season and a good lot of assists???

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the minuses that have outweighed 17 goals ( 1 every 2 games) this season and a good lot of assists???
i agree when he came to saints he was a breath of fresh air but as the season has gone on ,lomas for reasons only known to himself has kept in in the team after loads of indiffrent performances subbing only once..him and sheridan went through a purple patch together...now the two of them are going through the motions..thanks but goodbye....

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Not a hope in hell of him staying. His flight is booked for the day after last game of the season but who knows, might be off sooner now.

I was a dozen or so seats away from you today, Gordy.

I thought you were remarkably quiet; all things considered!!!!

I try my best not to get too crazy ( well certainly with our own boys) but the ref got a wee bit and Dixon and Neilson got it for utd..

I did eventually lose it with Robertson and shouted for Lomas to get him off and then directly told him he was in last chance saloon ( at which point some guy behind "telt" me to "Get off his back"):laugh:

i agree when he came to saints he was a breath of fresh air but as the season has gone on ,lomas for reasons only known to himself has kept in in the team after loads of indiffrent performances subbing only once..him and sheridan went through a purple patch together...now the two of them are going through the motions..thanks but goodbye....

He hasn't scored as many goals since Rangers came along and deliberately unsettled him in January, but not for the want of trying and I'd argue he's added a better work rate to his game since then. He's done anything but go through the motions IMO. Sheridan I'll agree with you.

There's not a better striker at Saints and not many better in the SPL. As good as he is, he can't carry the team every week and without good service he wont score as many or create chances for others.

I try my best not to get too crazy ( well certainly with our own boys) but the ref got a wee bit and Dixon and Neilson got it for utd..

I did eventually lose it with Robertson and shouted for Lomas to get him off and then directly told him he was in last chance saloon ( at which point some guy behind "telt" me to "Get off his back"):laugh:

cannae be u then mate ...this guy seems to get off shouting fffing and blinding at the slightest thing.. the amount of people ive seen with kids getting up and leaving because of him is shit... obviously doesnt get to talk in the house..by the way the conversation was about franz:?:

He hasn't scored as many goals since Rangers came along and deliberately unsettled him in January, but not for the want of trying and I'd argue he's added a better work rate to his game since then. He's done anything but go through the motions IMO. Sheridan I'll agree with you.

There's not a better striker at Saints and not many better in the SPL. As good as he is, he can't carry the team every week and without good service he wont score as many or create chances for others.

no offence, theres no i in team and franz seems to have forgotten that..let him go and blag his next bag of silver at another club..

Fran has obviously been frustrated with referees in the past few weeks, his Facebook page and updates made this pretty clear. I think he was annoyed at the referee for his first yellow and his anger got the better of him. No excuse to kick out at another player or push your own but I can't imagine how hard it is to keep your cool during a game, especially when you are so desperate to win and score goals.

Fran has obviously been frustrated with referees in the past few weeks, his Facebook page and updates made this pretty clear. I think he was annoyed at the referee for his first yellow and his anger got the better of him. No excuse to kick out at another player or push your own but I can't imagine how hard it is to keep your cool during a game, especially when you are so desperate to win and score goals.

Good point....you certainly cant question his desire to score and win

It's a 2 game ban.

That's the type of player fran is. He is arrogant. He plays with a swagger and knows he is one of the best players on the pitch. When things don't go his way he fights, he doesn't shy away from any battles. Sadly we saw his ugly(er) side today but it's the first time since the infamous penalty incident we have seen that side, and one way other another we won't see that side of him in a saints shirt again.

Haters? That's a bit harsh. He acted like a fanny! His behaviour today was inexcusable. He appears to have deleted his Facebook account on the back of what happened today. He is a great player, no doubt about it. But he is not bigger than St Johnstone. He's had a great season but I fear he will be remembered for today rather than all his good work.

The hopes of 4000 Saints fans went down the tubes this afternoon because he acted like a stupid b******. I make no apology for being angry about that.

No matter where Saints finish, I reckon he was going to leave in the Summer so I don't think it makes a lick of difference in the grand scheme of things.

He might think he's irreplaceable but he's wrong.

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. The guys has scored 17 goals (it would be 18, but Frazer Wright pinched one) and has 8 assists to his name this season. As a team we've scored 49 goals in all competitions to now - he's directly contributed to more than half of our goals, scoring not far off 40% of them himself. Yes, he can be a bit greedy and he has hashed a few chances recently, but he IS the single biggest reason we are a top 6 club this season. Before he came in, we failed to win any of our first 3 matches, and failed to score in all three (we missed a penalty in that time, which Fran won after coming on as a late substitute, and Craig missed).

I find it astounding the number of people who seem almost happy about him messing up today. He's the most talented attacking player I've ever seen playing for Saints, or certainly since the last European team. If that's his last action in a Saints shirt, and he leaves with a bitter taste in his mouth about the reaction the fans gave him following the sending off today, it'll be a huge shame. I've heard similar about him going back to Spain immediately after the season finishes - I hope we can somehow convince him to stay beyond this summer, an already daunting task which is probably that bit more difficult after today.

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. The guys has scored 17 goals (it would be 18, but Frazer Wright pinched one) and has 8 assists to his name this season. As a team we've scored 49 goals in all competitions to now - he's directly contributed to more than half of our goals, scoring not far off 40% of them himself. Yes, he can be a bit greedy and he has hashed a few chances recently, but he IS the single biggest reason we are a top 6 club this season. Before he came in, we failed to win any of our first 3 matches, and failed to score in all three (we missed a penalty in that time, which Fran won after coming on as a late substitute, and Craig missed).

I find it astounding the number of people who seem almost happy about him messing up today. He's the most talented attacking player I've ever seen playing for Saints, or certainly since the last European team. If that's his last action in a Saints shirt, and he leaves with a bitter taste in his mouth about the reaction the fans gave him following the sending off today, it'll be a huge shame. I've heard similar about him going back to Spain immediately after the season finishes - I hope we can somehow convince him to stay beyond this summer, an already daunting task which is probably that bit more difficult after today.

Good post.i still think he should be disciplined by the club to send out the right message.Frans problems today stemmed from having everything pumped at him high ( no midfeilders today who could or would (a) get possession and (B) pass it along the ground. Would love to see him here next year.

Sorry to all those supporting Fran, but the guy is an idiot.

Since the very public interest from Rangers, his own perception that he is a superstar has gone to his head. He has hardly scored since then.

What he did yesterday was totally unacceptable. Not even him kicking out, but his total lack of respect for his fellow players is what really annoys me. That, plus all those kids, perhaps coming to a game for the first time, sitting in the Ormond having to watch it.

Absolutely no sympathy for him. Idiot!

Haters? That's a bit harsh. He acted like a fanny! His behaviour today was inexcusable. He appears to have deleted his Facebook account on the back of what happened today. He is a great player, no doubt about it. But he is not bigger than St Johnstone. He's had a great season but I fear he will be remembered for today rather than all his good work.

The hopes of 4000 Saints fans went down the tubes this afternoon because he acted like a stupid b******. I make no apology for being angry about that.

No matter where Saints finish, I reckon he was going to leave in the Summer so I don't think it makes a lick of difference in the grand scheme of things.

He might think he's irreplaceable but he's wrong.

Spot on!

The We Are Perth overreaction squad are out in force. His behaviour was inexcusable, he will be disciplined and suspended. End of story. All this nonsense about his team mates not wanting him back is different planet stuff. They won't be happy with him but they will get on with it.