Fran Sandaza, an appreciation..

He tried to hit Adams & took McKay by the throat or did I imagine that.

Have you actually watched the highlights?

He does not hit anyone he pushes Adams away and does likewise with MacKay. Hardy taking someone by the throat using a open palm. Here is the link suggest you look at it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17804837

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Grim viewing on the highlights at his antics. Dave really did look like he wanted to kill him. As for helping with our push for Europe, will he not be banned for 3 games now? Meaning he'll only make the Rangers game if he is still here........... and also if they are still here.

I think he is replacable and we already have someone in the ranks who, with a solid pre-season under him can get us 15+ goals:

Riordan.

I think that highlight puts to bed any talk of him fighting his own team mates. He pushes Adams away and goes to walk off the pitch. He certainly didn't strangle, push or do anything to Mackay. Complete over reaction from many on here and I hope some will take back their comments after watching them, but I very much doubt it.

Edited by Ali91

We might have to wait a long time until we see a player of Sandaza's quality pull on a Saints shirt.

He had a bad day but to claim that he has brought shame on the club and compare him to O'Boyle is nothing short of ridiculous.

No comparison in my eyes. O'boyle was head & shoulders above that egotistical idiot. No fairy tale ending for George but stil gave our club more than sandaza Ever would.

Sandaza aimed a wee kick at a player then lost it at a straight red card. He will I hope be punished by Saints and then if he realises his mistake be welcomed back as our best striker in ages
If anyone can recall the game against Inverness two weeks a

go,Sheridan did the same thing and the ref only gave him a talking to.

Both times I ve said"he's off"

Surprised by the ref the first time,not sending off Cilla and not surprised the second time sending off Fran.

Ludicrous comparing him to O Boyle.

Before he came I remember sitting at games wondering where a goal was going to come from, St Johnstone nil was the story. Since he came here our form has rocketed and it is sometimes a joy to watch the team. It is not only his goals, although all the other players together have hardly scored as many, it is the fact that he is usually marked by a couple of defenders and makes space for others that has helped the team. I find it hard to believe what short memories some people on here have, but then again some of the rubbish that is spouted on here I shouldn't be surprised. If as is likely he leaves at the end of the season some people will get a reality check.

Don't normally post just to agree with a post, but this and Kyles earlier post have nailed it.

Unbelievable the short memories fans can have.

Man with reputation for acting the fud acts the fud. Why do people think he's at Saints in the first place? Fantastic player, and provided his says his apologies to team and manager this should be forgotten. Some players deserve special treatment - even Fergie made expections for Cantona.

Well said those who've brought up the horrors of last season as a reminder how much he has helped us improve.

Looks like a sad end to his Saints career. He let everyone down badly, hence his decison to remove his facebook page. He will need to offer his sincere apologies to many people next week.

The action of all Saints players involved would indicate he is possibly not the most liked individual in the dressing room.

Anyway, we take the medicine move on and must focus on Motherwell. An opportunity for Riordan next week, who looked really in the mood.

without fran we would not be in a position where we could be playing european football. Tho frans stupidity looks like it has cost us a once in a lifetime chance of champions league football.

i feel for fran because in both the booking and red card the player has kicked out at him 1st.

At his booking Lomaas called him over to calm him down and immediately called Haber back, i said at the time fran was getting subbed but we never had enough time.

Why is Mackay making public comments like that? Hope it's been taken out of context.

Mackay is spot on (apart from the top 6 comment - a hint of sarcasm there perhaps?). If Fran had the red must and got sent off then fine, but he's not the victim, it was stupid, and arguably a moment to spoil a great season.

If he can't man up and admit he was in the wrong then he can get tae. It's St Johnstone, not the Sandaza show.

Mackay is spot on (apart from the top 6 comment - a hint of sarcasm there perhaps?). If Fran had the red must and got sent off then fine, but he's not the victim, it was stupid, and arguably a moment to spoil a great season.

If he can't man up and admit he was in the wrong then he can get tae. It's St Johnstone, not the Sandaza show.

Totally agree. If he has not even acknowledged that he was in the wrong and apologised to all the players, never mind Jamie Adams in particular, then I am afraid that it maybe points to the reason why he always ends up falling out with whatever club he is at (Gus Poyet for example - even though he is an arse).

If he is moping around feeling that he is the victim, then it makes him sound like a complete and utter prima donna.

If anyone has deserved the right to speak out about a player who has let the side down then it is Mackay, a good, honest, hard-working player with no little amount of ability

Did we have a chance of qualifying for the champions league.

Mathematically yes, realistically no.

Dundee Utd have been the form team since Xmas. The reaction on here has been unreal (although somewhat expected)

The fact the game had such high stakes should be irrelevant.

I'd imagine a player is more likely to get sent off in a derby game when there is more at stake than a run of the mill fixture.

The game was going nowhere anyway. Anyone that thinks that those 11 players were capable of taking something on the day needs their head checked.

I was raging at the time, not so much because he'd been sent off but because of his attitude to Adams.

Did we have a chance of qualifying for the champions league.

Mathematically yes, realistically no.

Dundee Utd have been the form team since Xmas. The reaction on here has been unreal (although somewhat expected)

The fact the game had such high stakes should be irrelevant.

I'd imagine a player is more likely to get sent off in a derby game when there is more at stake than a run of the mill fixture.

The game was going nowhere anyway. Anyone that thinks that those 11 players were capable of taking something on the day needs their head checked.

I was raging at the time, not so much because he'd been sent off but because of his attitude to Adams.

Of course it was possible....a win against Utd on Saturday would have provided us with the chance to beat Motherwell (who have really went off the boil) the following Saturday to go 3rd.

Just before Sandaza's dismissal, we were just saying that it felt like the game was changing and that we were getting more into it and as long as we were just the one goal down then we had a chance.

I too though was more annoyed by his behaviour following the actual sending off incident than I was by his stupidity at getting sent off, and nothing he has done (or not done) since Saturday has made me feel any better about it

So when John Pelosi head butted the Motherwell geezer at Muirton, we were all on his back ?? Fran is Spanish give him a break.

I can't help but agree with this. I wonder what the reaction would have been if it was a Martin Hardie or someone of that ilk that had done this...

If we had a full compliment of players then I'd maybe have agreed we had a slight chance.

Instead we went into the game with a midfield consisting of:

Riordan - not played with the team before or competitively in 3-4 months

Adams - not played in 6 months

Muzz - 50% fit at best.

Robertson - useless shirker, would rather have started with 10 men.

If you think we genuinely had a chance fielding that midfield against one of the quickest, on form teams this league has to offer then I need to borrow your blue tinted specs next week.

If we had a full compliment of players then I'd maybe have agreed we had a slight chance.

Instead we went into the game with a midfield consisting of:

Riordan - not played with the team before or competitively in 3-4 months

Adams - not played in 6 months

Muzz - 50% fit at best.

Robertson - useless shirker, would rather have started with 10 men.

If you think we genuinely had a chance fielding that midfield against one of the quickest, on form teams this league has to offer then I need to borrow your blue tinted specs next week.

Why not??....as I have just said, it was only 1-0 and the balance of the game was beginning to change. Yes, the starting line-up was not in our favour, but I am talking about the situation at the time Fran got sent off.

The game was far from over at that point. Okay, a betting man would not have put much on a Saints win, even a draw, but it was still possible that we could have got something from that game.

That aint blue tinted specs (something I never have - I am usually the opposite!!)

Well said, Dave Mackay! Obviously his attitude stinks and his fellow professionals have had enough. Not doubting, Sandaza is a great player and has been a brilliant player but he needs to dry his eyes.

I don't think Dave likes him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is the only one. Interesting to read that Fran often sulks around the place - can't stand folk like that myself I have to say