What's everyone doing right now?

mogs1968

See that senior manager shit thing?

Stick in, be the best, be one of them. Don't moan, work harder,andplay the games.Then one day, you'll wake up and be one of them. been there.

Was CEO of my previous company in Singapore but still had a board to report to. It doesnt matter how high up the tree you get, there is still someone with high expectations.

Was CEO of my previous company in Singapore but still had a board to report to. It doesnt matter how high up the tree you get, there is still someone with high expectations.

Aye, but my point was there are positives.

All workplace research indicates that the most stress is not sufffered by harrassed senior managers with enormous responsibilities, but by junior staff precisely because they have no responsibilities - no stake in the final product, no impact, no one lstens, and often no respect and no money.

I started at the bottom (as I'm sure you did) and the best advice I always got was, be good to the wee folk when you're on the way up, cos yer gonna meet them again on the way down. And boy, was it true, andI'm glad that on the whole I was not too much of a b******.

Althugh Mum persists in claiming that's not the case....

• 2 weeks later...