Squad Clear Out

St Mikey

It's evident from the last two matches that our reserve players don't simply cut it when competing in the top six.

Some players, who shall be nameless, I don't think ate good enough and provide very little in the way of options for us.

I'd love the likes of Croft, Sandaza and Sheridan sign again. Players like jody are very important too.

Our league position will determine who comes in and a dangling carrot of Europe would be even more beneficial.

Who doesn't cut it for you??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are joking me.....

top six.. would have bitten hand off before season started.. saints are punching well above weight. Well done the team!

BTW.... remember the last time we were in Europe.... 2 seasons later we were in div 1.....

Buliding slow is always better than being fly by night in my opinion.

Saints fans with their knee jerk reactional pish don't cut it for me.:evil: Any talk of a "squad clear out" should be left until the end of season..

Then folk can knock themselves out:wink:

Says the man who 10 hours ago was telling Haber to hold up balls barely landing on his crown.

I don't think we need a clear out. I do however worry for squad moral and have a feeling we have some real dressing room problems. I hope Lomas hasn't lost it.

Says the man who 10 hours ago was telling Haber to hold up balls barely landing on his crown.

I don't think we need a clear out. I do however worry for squad moral and have a feeling we have some real dressing room problems. I hope Lomas hasn't lost it.

i thought that, i have a gut feeling that Steve may be on his way to losing the dressing room, dont ask me why, purely a gut feeling, bloody hope not though.

Happy enough with top 6, post split was always gonna be tricky, in all honesty i cant see us getting another point all season, thats not being downbeat, its realistic.

Aye very good son...If you dinnae understand what I was trying to say yesterday you must be fucking thick..I spent most of yesterday trying my fucking hardest to get a good atmosphere going. I stayed to the end and even though we were rank rotten, applauded the team of the park and for the most shouted nothing but encouragement to Saints. So don't you fucking dare have a go at me for saying this threads a load of bollocks and two weeks too early

Aye very good son...If you dinnae understand what I was trying to say yesterday you must be fucking thick.. I stayed to the end and even though we were rank rotten, applauded the team of the park and for the most shouted nothing but encouragement to Saints. So don't you fucking dare have a go at me for saying this threads a load of bollocks and two weeks too early

I think we are losing squad moral on this forum and Jamie Beatson has lost the dressing room :)

Another thread of paranoia, negativity and panic.

Pretty sure that the Hearts game will determine who finishes 5th. That is an outstanding achievement for Saints.

What has been clear to me for some time is that Dundee United and Motherwell have both got better and better as the season progresses. They are considerably better teams than us. Huge credit to them both. At this point in time the two of them are as close to the old firm as any team has been for more than a decade in my opinion.

In terms of our squad, I fail to see much problem. My biggest concern is the suggestion of Fran's wages. We are where we are due to shrewd signings, team spirit and organisation, not due to big spending. That will be important over the next few seasons.

The improvement in some of our players this season has been marked. Ando, Craig, Maybury as standouts for me. Try to look at the positives for once people.

Another thread of paranoia, negativity and panic.

Pretty sure that the Hearts game will determine who finishes 5th. That is an outstanding achievement for Saints.

What has been clear to me for some time is that Dundee United and Motherwell have both got better and better as the season progresses. They are considerably better teams than us. Huge credit to them both. At this point in time the two of them are as close to the old firm as any team has been for more than a decade in my opinion.

In terms of our squad, I fail to see much problem. My biggest concern is the suggestion of Fran's wages. We are where we are due to shrewd signings, team spirit and organisation, not due to big spending. That will be important over the next few seasons.

The improvement in some of our players this season has been marked. Ando, Craig, Maybury as standouts for me. Try to look at the positives for once people.

Dont be so stupid :wink:

Saints fans that leave a game early just because we have a bad day at the office and loose another goal

I have missed 3 Saints games home and away in total this season that I'd have otherwise gone to, but due to work committments was unable. I think it was round about the same last season and the one before that. I haven't ever bothered trying to tot up how much of MY money that's been over the years because in all honesty it doesn't matter. However, I must admit (to my eternal shame it seems) that I was one of those who left after the fourth (along with quite a number of others I see regularly week in week out) becuase if we're being honest "bad days at the office" are becoming more regular, along with the manager's latest excuse blaming the referee which is starting to become tiresome (for me anyway). Forget our league position being good and has been due to us punching above our weight - irrelevant, I'd have left early yesterday had we been mid table, at the bottom, or anywhere else after having to watch that spineless garbage.

A question... Do the sanctimonious on here think that I do, or do not, have the right to feel aggrieved about our team's attitude and display yesterday and leave 5 minutes before the end of a match where we've been horsed by a not brilliant opposition, have just conceded another cheap goal, and have witnessed our players and manager spending more time and energy bleating at the referee and linesmen than f*****g trying to put it right? To be frank, I think I have the right to expect better, but in your opinion, with the attendance background I have am I really a "fan" or not due to the fact I got fed up with it yesterday?

their will be a clear out with so many players out of contract here and at every club.

the test for lomas is to build his own squad over the summer

Spot on . There will be a lot of players going at end of season , some volutary some not.

Lomas has a big job on his hands & hopefully he has already started to address it.

Not sure if he will get many loanees next season as he has not used the ones he got this season. I am sure the likes of Keatings would have been better staying at Septic than warming our bench as a token under 21.

For those interested, the following nineteen players are out of contract, although five of them are on loan:

Enckelman

Maybury

Hart

Morris

Millar

Adams

Finnigan

Haber

Sandaza

Riordan

Clark

Durnan

Caddis

May

Compton

Croft

Sheridan

Oyenuga

Keatings

Manager has admitted publically he'd like to keep/has offered deals to Enckelman, Millar, Sandaza, May and Croft.

That leaves next season's squad looking like:

ST JOHNSTONE FC - FIRST TEAM SQUAD 2012/13

Goalkeepers

15. Alan Mannus (30) - May 2013

Defenders

6. Steven Anderson (26) - May 2014

2. Dave Mackay (31) - May 2013

3. Callum Davidson (36) - May 2013

5. Frazer Wright (32) - May 2013

18. David McCracken (30) - May 2013

Midfielders

14. Kevin Moon (25) - May 2013 (+ one-year option)

10. Liam Craig (25) - May 2013

8. Murray Davidson (24) - May 2013

16. David Robertson (25) - May 2013

Forwards

17. Sean Higgins (27) - May 2013

(Ages at start of 2012/13 season)

Cheers Radford, I was going to ask for this!!

It's quite interesting this, because we have our first choice back line in tact. I'd like to see Maybury stay, but reckon enckelman will be quite a big spend for a backup keeper, and I wonder if he would stay as a bench warmer. I was wrong for a long time - Mannus is the better keeper.

Murray and Liam, along with a fully fit Moon form the heart of a solid midfield.

Of the players under contract, only really Robertson and Higgins have failed to impress.

Love to see Morris, Millar, Haber, Croft, Riordan and Sandaza stay. Very much doubt Morris or Sandaza will though. Compton looks like he could have a lot to offer too.

Interesting closed season ahead. The outcome may well depend on whether we make Europe or not.

Interesting closed season ahead, lots of business to be done. Of those I'd like to keep:

Enckelman

Maybury

Morris

Millar

Sandaza

Riordan

Durnan

Caddis

May

Croft

Sheridan

I've a funny feeling that of the above Millar, Morris, Sandaza, Riordan and Sheridan won't be here though and most likely Croft. If that's the case, good luck to Lomas!

I wouldn't be fussed if the following left though I'm a bit unsure on Compton who could be a good player if we seen more of him.

Adams

Clark

Haber

Finnigan

Hart

Compton

Oyenuga

Keatings