#42 - 06/05/12 - Hearts 2-0 Saints - SPL

bigstu

Craig arguing, Anderson sleeping for the first goal, long boring punts, Haber's inability to be a footballer and support intent on calling hearts paedos was fantastic.

If some supporters put in as much effort into abusing the opposition and focused on our own team things might have been better.

Since Croft and Sandaza became unavailable that's the best we can do.

Sandaza got us into a position to compete for European football but he also took it away by getting sent off.

I'll be glad when the season is finished.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandaza got us into a position to compete for European football but he also took it away by getting sent off

Not fair to blame it all on Fran, but we are very poor without him. Don't know we can do much with replacements that seem more interested in Twitter than making sure they are up for a game though...

Dire

We need to get rid of a lot of the squad. Really poor.

Guys like Haber, Sheridan and Riordan playing every week and rubbish yet we have May scoring goals for fun at another club.

What was the point of his signings as well.

Really fear for next season. I think our bubble has bust and we are going to struggle to stay up next year.

Worst performance of the season today.

For once I agree with you!

I agree with what Broon says as well and when we are struggling for goals surely Riordan is the player we have to be playing.

In the grand scheme of things, what has changed from our 1st season up with our playing squad? Did Deuchar and Morais really have that big an impact?

I think so. We have no width ,no pace,no striker that can direct a header or control a ball & hold it for the midfield to run on to.

We seem to have abandoned our earlier high tempo/energy, pressing style which served us so well in favour of a less successful long ball, hopeful flick based type of method. It hasn't worked.

Lately we have suffered injuries and suspensions, and have failed to match our previous high standards. Understandable, then, that many are pissed off, but in the context of a season overall we have still performed very, very well.

Other clubs have waxed (Hearts, United) as we have waned. We have no right to beat anyone. There are 11 guys on the other side just as desperate to win.

This is our lot in life. Other seasons will see us struggle badly again, no doubt.

:)

I think something else to bear in mind (now I've calmed down a bit) is that after playing a tough game Thurs night we had 48 hours less to recover than the Jambos had. Possibly not a big deal but when you look at the aging squad we have (the likes of Crackers, Jody etc) it perhaps explained some of the lack of sharpness in the side.

One thing we need to address over the summer is the lack of pace in the team - Callum's run down the left for the cross in the 2nd half was about as close as we came to some traditional pacey winger play. Liam for some reason seemed unable / unwilling to play down the wing and kept on holding up play or cutting inside.

Gutless performance today. Why can we never turn up for the big games. These players have shown absolutely no fight at all since the split. Every game we have been turned over and comfortably beaten. ****ing European football was up for grabs today.

Crumbling in big games seems to be becoming the St Johnstone way.

Dire

We need to get rid of a lot of the squad. Really poor.

Guys like Haber, Sheridan and Riordan playing every week and rubbish yet we have May scoring goals for fun at another club.

What was the point of his signings as well.

Really fear for next season. I think our bubble has bust and we are going to struggle to stay up next year.

Worst performance of the season today.

i thought you had left the forum go back to your own team

The fans showed up, the players didn't (with the sole exception of Muzz)

Disagree about the fans Ed. I thought our fans yesterday were really poor. Did nt think we got behind the team at all.

Constant songs like " Hearts are paedo s "

The obsurd " paedo paedo paedophile paeophole paedophile !! "

" theres only one Derek Rioren " !!! Boy who s done hee haw in a Saints top.

Not one song to get behind the team, all just a futile attempt to wind up Hearts.

Bet the players really got inspiration from the fans yesterday. Jodys talk on the pitch as the players started the second half was probably " theyre saying their paedos lads , lets get into them "

No doubt against Rangers it will be the same. All songs about Rangers crisis and none supporting OUR team.

Teams been poor for weeks but we re hardly brilliant ourselves.

we appear to be running on empty. Something is happening behind closed doors as way too much bickering from our players on the pitch. The harmony has been disrupted and i believe the dressing room spirit has gone all going back to Fran red card. Shame we have not played as a team since then. 50 points is a remarkable effort. Shame the end of the season form has taken the gloss of our campaign.

As for hearts, i thought they played well and are much better than they were earlier this season. Lets hope their form and style of play wins the cup. They do have some good players i would have in my team!

Disagree about the fans Ed. I thought our fans yesterday were really poor. Did nt think we got behind the team at all.

Constant songs like " Hearts are paedo s "

The obsurd " paedo paedo paedophile paeophole paedophile !! "

" theres only one Derek Rioren " !!! Boy who s done hee haw in a Saints top.

Not one song to get behind the team, all just a futile attempt to wind up Hearts.

Bet the players really got inspiration from the fans yesterday. Jodys talk on the pitch as the players started the second half was probably " theyre saying their paedos lads , lets get into them "

No doubt against Rangers it will be the same. All songs about Rangers crisis and none supporting OUR team.

Teams been poor for weeks but we re hardly brilliant ourselves.

I know what you are saying. I was meaning as much in numbers as in getting behind the team. Fans need something to lift them and to get the atmosphere going. Saints offered nothing yesterday to do that....no good moves, very few efforts on goal, no resolute tackling. The way they played created a feeling of frustration in the crowd. It is difficult then to get a good sing-song going.

However, I disagree re the songs that were sung. Many great chants of the past have been directed at the opposition team, or players and what really matters to the players is that there is a noise coming from their fans...I doubt they pay much attention to the words

Coincidence?

A quick timeline:

Sun 19th Feb 2012 - Aberdeen 0 Saints 0

Sat 25th Feb 2012 -Saints 3 Dunfermline 1

Sat 3rd March 2012 - Kilmarnock 0 Saints 0

Sat 17th March 2012 - St.Mirren 0 Saints 3

Sat 24th March 2012 - Saints 2 Hearts 1

Wed 28th March 2012 -Inverness CT 0 Saints 1

Friday 30th March 2012 - Transfer News

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=1982

Sunday 1st April 2012 - Celtic 2 Saints 0

Saturday 7th April 2012 - Saints 0 Inverness CT 0

Sat 21st April 2012 -Saints 0 Dundee United 2

Sat 28th April 2012 - Motherwell 5 Saints 1

Thursday 3rd May 2012 - Celtic 1 Saints 0

Sunday 6th May 2012 - Hearts 2 Saints 0

Get him on a three year contract as soon as possible.