Summer Transfer Target Thread 2012

t.mcneil99

Great signing.

Dont rate Vine much but see him being away by Christmas. Too injury prone and looks like a breath of wind will knock him over.

Tade on the other is a top signing.

He and Beattie will give us 2 battering rams up front. Expect lots of high balls, crosses and goalmouth melees.

Well done Steve Lomas.

Anyone who doesn't think this is a good signing needs a reality check!! He's played at a high level, ran the show for hearts last year and he's signing for us! Ask any other team in the SPL, bar Celtic and hearts and they'd bite your hand off to get him!

Agree he's a good signing and would do well at any SPL club but he wouldn't be certain to get a game for United or Motherwell in all honesty.

What a signing. Gives Lomas a bit of a headache upfront now though. Beattie, Vine, Tade, Hasselbaink, Higgins & May very tough choice

Hasselbaink should play right midfield, with Millar central/right.

Worked very well at start of 2nd half against Hearts, and Nige can certainly skin a man and hook the ball into the centre.

Dont rate Vine much but see him being away by Christmas. Too injury prone and looks like a breath of wind will knock him over.

What a load of utter bullsht :confused:

Vine has more class on the ball than most of our players and wiil score goals. You obviously have no concept of football these days if you believe the way to be successful is to just play brutes with no technical ability or intelligence !! Need to have a good balance . Beattie gives us that.

Edited by Dev
Fix quote

I'd say out attack is stronger this year than last, more because we seem to have a lot options rather than relying on Fran and Sheridan.

I'd still like to see May get a shot at some of the defences in the SPL as I think he offers us a bit of unpredictability, his attempts might not always come off but a couple of early goals and I think he'll bang a few in over the course.

The board should be applauded though. For 2 seasons in a row they have backed the man in charge and allowed us to sign players I never thought I'd see at the club.

He would walk in to the Motherwell front line but I have to admit Dundee Utd have the best attack in the SPL, at least on a par with Hooper and Stokes

Not sure about the Motherwell team but I certainly don't think he'd weaken them. Very much like Fran, he's a quality player and if he stays injury free he will be hugely successful with Saints. Unfortunately for Saints, the same problem will occur as with Fran if that happens.

Glad that we have signed Beattie, don't think he is as great as everyone thinks he is but still a very good signing for our club.

However I think the big issue is not our attacking options as we are reasonably equiped there. The midfield is our week spot in my view. Im sorry to say but we dont have any stand out players in the middle. Muzz and Liam are good players but bar that we are pretty light and relying on players to be on their game. I think due to our lack of quality in the middle we are going to struggle to utilise our attacking options and therefore struggle in the league compared to last year.

Glad that we have signed Beattie, don't think he is as great as everyone thinks he is but still a very good signing for our club.

However I think the big issue is not our attacking options as we are reasonably equiped there. The midfield is our week spot in my view. Im sorry to say but we dont have any stand out players in the middle. Muzz and Liam are good players but bar that we are pretty light and relying on players to be on their game. I think due to our lack of quality in the middle we are going to struggle to utilise our attacking options and therefore struggle in the league compared to last year.

Totally agree would like to see us bring in a creative player and an other wide Man but we need something more in the middle

Agree he's a good signing and would do well at any SPL club but he wouldn't be certain to get a game for United or Motherwell in all honesty.

I wouldn't say he is a certainty to get a game for us. We appear to have a pretty strong choice of forwards this season, even with a couple of injuries we would still have a very good choice of strikers. An injury to Daly or Russell and united may suddenly find themselves a bit shitter. Whereas an injury to vine or Beattie would see tade or hasselbaink may come into the team. You would love to have the option of Beattie at united eh?

Lomas says in post-match BBC interview he is still looking to get 2 or 3 in.

I can't believe it, I fear he is just trying to put pressure on the chairmen to back him by raising fan expectations. I don't know anything about the finances of the club, but I can't imagine we can afford 2 or 3 more players who would make a genuine impact to the team, a we have no shortage of decent squad players

Lomas says in post-match BBC interview he is still looking to get 2 or 3 in.

I can't believe it, I fear he is just trying to put pressure on the chairmen to back him by raising fan expectations. I don't know anything about the finances of the club, but I can't imagine we can afford 2 or 3 more players who would make a genuine impact to the team, a we have no shortage of decent squad players

We lost several big earners in the summer,so i assume we've still got money in the kitty for a couple of signings,don't think for a minute that SB will be bullied by SL