An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Intruiging. I wonder if this fellow is ahead of the game or, if it's as he says, just a possible scenario. It's also scary though, because it looks like a cast iron way back in without involving any voting procedure. Nah! pure fantasy, but wait...

I think Paul's McConville the Scottish Lawyer's scenario has one fundamental flaw. If Rangers players are signed to one entity (Rangers) and play for another entity (Newco) then he thinks that could set a precedent. And so it could. But he is not a St Johnstone fan. We are purely coincidental to his scenario since we are the last team to play Rangers at this critcial moment. The players union are debating the players, their contracts and their registration under TUPE regulations and arguing that players can't be contractually moved in that way. If they are moved and not with prior permission of the SPL, SFA or their own prior agreement a employees, then Rangers have fielded inelligible players.

For McConville (who I think is a Celtic fan) this is all about the switcheroo to a Newco.

I am a St Johnstone fan and under the terms of his scenario - we win the game 3-O by default and get into Europe. (Maybe stiffing Hearts)

So bring it on

Edited by soulfulsaint

I neither have the brain to understand the legal issues or the lack of them in any Statement.

Scottish football has never been run properly at the top level and never ever will -that is there for all to see.

I recall a meeting with DONCASTER to give a viewpoint regarding proposed changes to Scottish football and after some long drivel -I told him his only interest was in the Old Firm ( Celtic and Rangers) which he took to be a personal attack upon his and the integrity of Scottish Football - I know wish I had a recording of that comments.

I have every sympathy with Steve Brown as he is damned if he votes for Rangers staying in the SPL and damned if he doesnt.

I have NO idea how Steve Brown and his fellow directors run the club and how they budget for certain things - I leave that to them and to be upfront THEY have done a damn good job on the support that they get and the revenue they raise from external sources.

It cant be easy assessing what they MAY or may not get from the fanbase that they currently have ---Had we a base of a regular 8-10k attending all home games I am sure the Boards decision would be slightly simpler (but then again maybe not).

Whilst we argue the toss if RANGERS do or dont make a difference in the SPL financially -its not us putting the team on the park or paying the wages of the staff at the club and I for one will leave the Board to what is best for St.Johnstone FC and if tha means keeping the "Rangers" in the SPL -then thats fine by me.

As i have said before I wont go to Ibrox or wotever they re-label it and wont hand over 25-30 quid for them .....In the same vein I am NOT going to give up on my club and see them go down the plug because of a Big Principal.

As i have said before I wont go to Ibrox or wotever they re-label it and wont hand over 25-30 quid for them .....In the same vein I am NOT going to give up on my club and see them go down the plug because of a Big Principal.

The point here is that you dont matter Rangers and TV matter and thats what is being said will stop clubs going down the plug. And when did you get these principles?

Although acting on the information I have I wont be back if a newco is allowed into the SPL if someone can convince me otherwise or that its for the good of the game long term then I would obviously reconsider. If its for the good of twelve Chairman prostituting themselves then they can keep it and as I say it will be Pollok Juniors, Galsgow Warriors and horse racing for me.

i am disgusted with the thought a new co will waltz straight back into the spl.this is the best chance to reconstruct scottish football completely top to bottom.it might even rejuvenate scotland with rangers battling there way up from the lowest division,if they went there or leagues made larger. i fear it will however just be the same old status quo with rangers under a new guise.the voting and tv deals still loaded in favour of the old firm .i don't want to quit following saints because of this speculation.if the worst case of a newco joining the spl does come to pass then i will have to weigh up my options then.

steve brown do you understand how WE feel ,as first and foremost we are your regular paying fanbase not rangers and we should come first.

Longest & possibly the most sensible slf post ever & agree with every word.

The SPL will vote for Newco to enter the SPL & Steve Brown is in the most unenviable position because as we are the only team still to play Rangers & he happened to vote against them McDiarmid will be trashed next week due to the incitement by Sandy Jardine.

The SPL will vote for Newco to enter the SPL & Steve Brown is in the most unenviable position because as we are the only team still to play Rangers & he happened to vote against them McDiarmid will be trashed next week due to the incitement by Sandy Jardine.

totally agree. That isone of the reasons why i think the SPL will delay the vote another week./

Edited by mainstand

totally agree. That isone of the reasons why i think the SPL will delay the vote another week./

Yip, don't poke dumb animals with a stick until you have them contained in their own cage

The point here is that you dont matter Rangers and TV matter and thats what is being said will stop clubs going down the plug. And when did you get these principles?

Although acting on the information I have I wont be back if a newco is allowed into the SPL if someone can convince me otherwise or that its for the good of the game long term then I would obviously reconsider. If its for the good of twelve Chairman prostituting themselves then they can keep it and as I say it will be Pollok Juniors, Galsgow Warriors and horse racing for me.

TBF I'm surprised number of fans who are saying that the will walk away. I would have thought that most if not all would have taken the position put forward by ancient. Think he's wrong but can understand his sentiments. Unfortunately football clubs take the loyalty of fans for granted perhaps this time they will get their fingers burnt.

Don`t think they will delay it again without losing all sense of authority. Everyone including chairmen have said that Scottish football need them so I don`t think they can pospone it again. I think they have softened everyone up to accept it.

Questions?

Is it a requirement that clubs in the SPL have a EUFA licence?

Can a EUFA licence be transferred to a newco?

If not is there a 3 year waiting period before said newco can obtain a licence?

How can a newco play in the SPL?

Answers on the back of a postcard please.

Probably the most pertinent point of all and the cynics would suggest this could be a reason for the new national football league proposal ie. ditch current setup to circumvent UEFA rule. Sickening.

Ps, to answer questions

Yes

No

Yes

They can't

TBF I'm surprised number of fans who are saying that the will walk away. I would have thought that most if not all would have taken the position put forward by ancient. Think he's wrong but can understand his sentiments. Unfortunately football clubs take the loyalty of fans for granted perhaps this time they will get their fingers burnt.

I think what's angered people is that Rangers are being treated differently because of the money they bring. If this was Saints or any of the other 40 diddy clubs and we managed to pull off a newco, do people think that we would be admitted to the SPL?

£11m does seem low for these 2 but I suppose it depends on what you could do with them. Suspect the car park at Ibrox would be worth a fair bit if you got planning permission.

From what I hear the players will be able to transfer to the new co but won't have to. That could mean the old co would be able to sell them but not sure. Also heard taht players could walk due to breach of contract come the end of May. Does raise the poiint taht if the new co is set up by next Sunday then can they sign the players outwith the window?

11 million seems very low because it is very low. It's a con. An evasion. Call it what you want, I'm sure the Revenue won't stand for it.

I think what's angered people is that Rangers are being treated differently because of the money they bring. If this was Saints or any of the other 40 diddy clubs and we managed to pull off a newco, do people think that we would be admitted to the SPL?

Agree with you but are they angry enough that they would walk away from a club who they have supported for 20/30/40 years. Playing devils advocate here!!

Agree with you but are they angry enough that they would walk away from a club who they have supported for 20/30/40 years. Playing devils advocate here!!

To be honest I am not sure but what also has to be taken into consideration is is that loads of people are already disillusioned. We have had many threads asking why when we are having such a good season that crowds are so low. Cost and lots of other things are already driving people away. This could easily be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

To be honest I am not sure but what also has to be taken into consideration is is that loads of people are already disillusioned. We have had many threads asking why when we are having such a good season that crowds are so low. Cost and lots of other things are already driving people away. This could easily be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Think you are right.All the above plus too much footie on telly plus crazy ko times is making people stay away.

Probably the most pertinent point of all and the cynics would suggest this could be a reason for the new national football league proposal ie. ditch current setup to circumvent UEFA rule. Sickening.

Ps, to answer questions

Yes

No

Yes

They can't

What do you think EUFA would make of that re. membership/Champions League places ect. bearing in mind the hard line they took against the Swiss.

I imagine Peter Lawell is burning the midnight oil trying to find a way out of this mess :laugh:

What do you think EUFA would make of that re. membership/Champions League places ect. bearing in mind the hard line they took against the Swiss.

I imagine Peter Lawell is burning the midnight oil trying to find a way out of this mess :laugh:

I wouldn't try second-guess UEFA, your head will implode.

It's simply another reason why this Miller chap's incredible scheme shouldn't work.

But it's the thoughts of normal punters I wanted on this thread, you could speculate for hours about UEFA etc. What we have is a clear intention to defraud our national game of it's spirit. I won't be a part of that.

Edited by Calypso Kid

The lawyers Paul McConville has unearthed a new company registred by the law firm Brodies in EDinburgh and now a new trading company born on the 4th May 2012, the new incorporated company is called:

RANGERS FC ACQUISITIONS LTD.

If this is the newco this is the name I will always call them.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/05/06/found-is-this-rangers-newco-incubator-company/