An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Do you think that's because some people kept at it while others were satisfied with them going to SFL 1? :wink:

You can poke away all you like:laugh:

I remember being ridiculed at the very start when I said I would not buy a season ticket should a liquidated football team be given a place in the SPL.

My conscious is clear.

I along with thousands of Scottish football fans stood up for what we believed in.

As did you.. well done squire:wink:

You can poke away all you like:laugh:

I remember being ridiculed at the very start when I said I would not buy a season ticket should a liquidated football team be given a place in the SPL.

My conscious is clear.

I along with thousands of Scottish football fans stood up for what we believed in.

As did you.. well done squire:wink:

Absolutely! I have only ridiculed you because you did so many u turns you didn't know which way you were facing. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously though well done again to all. Never ever thought I would see such solidarity of supporters in my lifetime.

Absolutely! I have only ridiculed you because you did so many u turns you didn't know which way you were facing. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously though well done again to all. Never ever thought I would see such solidarity of supporters in my lifetime.

Just checked the post count of this thread. 270 post John..FFS That's 80 more than the second highest poster:laugh::laugh: Soulful who had 190..

Only 85 from me:laugh:

job done ( well once cockwomble and regan resign / sacked)

well done everyone

what an achievement

football is not life and death so this is probably a rubbish analogy

but it reminds me of the way the Egyptians and Libyans came together as a unit making use of social media etc to overthrow the w@nkers in charge.

everyone should be very proud.

COME ON YOU SAINTS

Agreed. Mission accomplished from a fans perspective. The SFA/SPL did try and fudge something through, but the fan power stopped them. That is massive.

Now its time to put up our money and walk the walk. I have no doubt that the fact Stevie stepped down from the SPL board yesterday and was replaced with Killie's chairman has something to do with his refusal to toe the party line. For that he deserves massive plaudits - while the lack of communication can be frustrating, he has always stood for sporting integrity and nothing has come out of the club to suggest otherwise, unlike some others.

Will give this thread another few days to die off peacefully. Suggest that we switch the 'Rangers' conversation back to the Ibrox latest thread which is still running over in fitba chat! I feel this story has a long way to go yet.

This thread served its purpose. The fans got their message across. Stevie listened and acted on our behalf.

Well done us... Well done Stevie. Now lets play some football.

Have read this forum a lot over the past few months and watched developments from afar.

Fan power has won.

Anyone that doubted the integrity of the chairman (based on lack of comms - when lack of comms is consistent with the OS anyway :laugh:) should offer an apology.

Lucky we live in a time when the internet has allowed fans of different clubs to be collective in a group and make their voices heard, had this been 15 years ago, Rangers would be back in the SPL.

The dirty west coast media hold much less power now.

Congrats to everyone involved, sterling effort.

I would like to add my thanks to all SJFC supporters who added their voices to the campaign for fairness and sporting integrity. Especially my fellow 'hardliners' like Ghostie, Calypso Kid, John1962 and others who really would have followed through on their pledges and walked away from the sport and the club that we love, had justice not prevailed.

But you know what? I'm still not 100% happy. On the positive side, I certainly didn't expect, when I wrote my original "Open Letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown" back in late April, that so many (traditionally apathetic) Saints fans would voice their dissent. I didn't expect that this thread would receive the most responses of any thread in We Are Perth history (and 100,000 views coming up!). I didn't expect Three months ago, I suppose, that Rangers would become defunct and that their successor team would end up playing in Division Three.

So why am I still unhappy? Firstly,because this massive campaign should not have been necessary in the first place. The SPL Chairmen (yes, including Steve Brown) would NEVER have acted in the way they have, had we left them to their own devices. That tells me that the whole premise of the SPL is built on immoral foundations, based on money instead of sport. Geoff Brown was one of the progenitors of, and continuing apologists for,the SPL. Generally speaking over his tenure, "Geoff was right", but on the matter of the SPL, his normal good judgement failed him. I will not be happy until this abomination of a league is completely disbanded, and the first stage in that process must be the immediate departure of slimeball Donkeycaster.

Secondly,I am unhappy that the SPL Chairmen needed to be beaten with the stick of financial coercion (i.e. supporters not buying season tickets) before they took the right decision. it is a sad indictment of their collective values that it needed our financial bullying to make them listen. This tells me that maybe our clubs are in the custodianship of the wrong type of people. Maybe fan ownership is the right way to go in the longer term.

Thirdly,I am deeply unhappy that the SFL rules are being circumvented to allow NewCo into Div 3 without applying in the normal way. This tells me that the game hasn't really changed; sure, the diddy clubs have flexed ther muscles on this occasion, but we will still bend over for the mighty Rangers at the end of the day, Brian.

In summary: I view this campaign as a series of battles won, but those who think the war is over are going to have another think coming - especially when some of the REAL truths about Rangers' past misdeeds begin to emerge over the coming months. I fear we will be very, very sorry that we allowed them an easy ride into Div 3. They should have been banished forever.

Remain vigilant. comrades.

Oh, and a reply from the Chairman would have been nice.

Edited by Percy Johnston

Not quite the right topic, but didn't want to start a new one.

Anyone see the wee bit on SkySports News saying Steve Brown says we're near administration....then goes onto the 'interview' with him at the airport. While he does mention the word, he doesn't say anything like that. Sky twisting his words...muppets.

Nor did they mention Steve's passionate 'No to Newco' speech aboard the plan and thanking fans for their support through the campaign.

is there a recording of the speech?i missed it as unlike you i wasn't on steves plan.could he do the speech again.

In summary: I view this campaign as a series of battles won, but those who think the war is over are going to have another think coming - especially when some of the REAL truths about Rangers' past misdeeds begin to emerge over the coming months. I fear we will be very, very sorry that we allowed them an easy ride into Div 3. They should have been banished forever.

I agree with all of this. And I think that the SFA, in particular, has a lot of making up to do. Its true nature and priorities have been embarrassingly exposed over the last few months. As a governing body, its been left with zero credibility, and cannot be trusted in the slightest. As fans and customers, how can we put any faith in a supposedly neutral body that has effectively stated favouritism towards one club? A body that's happy to see rule-bending happen for that club? And what are the implications for the league system as a whole when we now know that there is one club, in the Third Division, who the ruling body openly want to be in the SPL? Can that club's opponents be sure they'll get fair and equal treatment? Not bloody likely.

Let's not make the mistake of thinking it's all down to Stewart Regan, and that this will be over if he goes - the SFA isn't just one guy sitting in an office. There's always been a suspicion of "one rule for the Old Firm", and the last few months have merely confirmed that suspicion to be true. Who knows what lengths have been stooped to in the past to maintain the OF's power, that none of us have known about? Has it extended to refereeing decisions? Manipulation of paperwork? Deliberate favouritism towards players from certain clubs when it comes to international selection? Who knows how deep this has really gone over the years? The SFA does not deserve our trust or backing, and in any sane world it would now be working bloody hard to change that.

I'm just glad I'm a supporter of St Johnstone FC (who have again done the right thing), and not the SFA.

I'd like to add something to about our directors, everyone of them shook the hands of all the fans coming off the charter plane and thanked them for coming to Turkey, gratitude costs nothing and it was a fantastic move by Stevie and the team.

Stevie Browns No to Newco speach was class.

Big Well Done to them.

I'd like to add something to about our directors, everyone of them shook the hands of all the fans coming off the charter plane and thanked them for coming to Turkey, gratitude costs nothing and it was a fantastic move by Stevie and the team.

Stevie Browns No to Newco speach was class.

Big Well Done to them.

I'll second that. It was very classy having the directors lining up welcoming the fans off the plane. I was so jealous that my wife got a kiss from Roddy Grant.

The no to Newco speech restored my faith in football and I doubt many directors would hit the pubs wearing the opposition teams shirt and meeting with the fans.

Steve Brown has the potential to be the best things or St Johnstone in many years and that even includes his dad. He really seems to have an affinity with the fans and an understanding of where football is going wrong. I'm hugely impressed.

I'll second that. It was very classy having the directors lining up welcoming the fans off the plane. I was so jealous that my wife got a kiss from Roddy Grant.

The no to Newco speech restored my faith in football and I doubt many directors would hit the pubs wearing the opposition teams shirt and meeting with the fans.

Steve Brown has the potential to be the best things or St Johnstone in many years and that even includes his dad. He really seems to have an affinity with the fans and an understanding of where football is going wrong. I'm hugely impressed.

Fantastic to hear that. He is 100% committed to the cause and I'm glad he's getting some enjoyment out of it after a really crap time.