An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Same name, same colours, same badge. Official site refers to us playing "Rangers" in Youth club. I thought this outfit were now registered as "The Rangers" or is it Scotland's shame?

As for Green he is laughable, bringing up bigtry in order to appease the supporters of the new/old club and stir up

From all the reports I've seen of the various drawn-out discussions between Green's mob and the football authorities, I don't think I've seen a single mention of the issue of what the newco is allowed to call itself. If they're still Rangers then they should still have Rangers' debts.

Are Sevco effectively breaking the law by calling themselves 'Rangers' and, if so, what can we do about it? How do we report it? Who do we need to step in?

I read somewhere that they are now officially The Rangers FC. I think we are the stage where we are now waiting on the outcome of the SPL Dual Ciontracts investigation before any punishments are levelled. This is what fat boy McCoist is saying they will refuse to accept the stripping of any titles. Who does this clown think he is? Its like a person convicted in court telling the judge he wont go to jail.

Apparently Ticketus, through one of what seems many guises, are the money behind Charles Green.

yesterday Sevco Scotland Ltd (although, their first press release stated Sevco 5088, so either they have a really bad secretary or they are being slimy) changed their name to 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd". However, the bbc have already run a report on how this will be rejected by Companies house as it is against laws to use the same name as a liquidated company.

yesterday Sevco Scotland Ltd (although, their first press release stated Sevco 5088, so either they have a really bad secretary or they are being slimy) changed their name to 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd". However, the bbc have already run a report on how this will be rejected by Companies house as it is against laws to use the same name as a liquidated company.

So Bigotted Scumbag FC still has a chance?

This is what fat boy McCoist is saying they will refuse to accept the stripping of any titles. Who does this clown think he is? Its like a person convicted in court telling the judge he wont go to jail.

This is another issue that seems to be getting clouded, seemingly in the hope that we all just forget about it and allow it to slide. If Sevco are a new club, they don't have any titles, so how can they be stripped of them?

There are clearly two separate issues, yet the media are quite happily allowing them to be viewed as one, without ever questioning it.

1. Should Rangers (oldco) be stripped of their titles?

2. Even if the answer to the above question is 'no', do Sevco have any right to call those titles their own? Surely they do not and can not.

There are clearly two separate issues, yet the media are quite happily allowing them to be viewed as one, without ever questioning it.

1. Should Rangers (oldco) be stripped of their titles?

2. Even if the answer to the above question is 'no', do Sevco have any right to call those titles their own? Surely they do not and can not.

The answer is yes that negates the second. They want to keep the history with no punishment for wrongdoing. The only way they could get a licence was to transfer from Deadco to Sevco as they have no accounts for Sevco. Now by keeping the that licence they think they should keep the history. And because a lot of their followers have single figure IQs they are able to "claim" that they have been punished by being dumped in SFL3, being fined and having a transfer embargo. Now most of us that can read know that the dual contracts outcome has yet to be made public and that will decide if they played with illegible players and therefore won titles illegally.

Glasgow Rangers FC does not exist. The number of titles/trophies/wooden spoons it won as a footballing entity cannot be added to.

Sevco however, may be wearing a star on their jerseys for next season, should they manage to win the Ramsden's Cup.

Companies house accepted the name change yesterday.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/3a6d21e4bbd84741b5c9d215f8b0bbd8/compdetails

The debt dies with the old company, they are paying football debts out of goodwill (mainly so they could get the SFA licence.) They legally don't have to pay those debts. (but if they didn't then they wouldn't be allowed the licence.

As for the titles, the trophies are assets of the previous business, and I assume were bought when they bought the assets of the club. So the trophies are fair game for them to own.

We all need to remember, fairness doesn't come into it. Football clubs are officially business's and not sports clubs. They are controlled by business law.

As for the titles, the trophies are assets of the previous business, and I assume were bought when they bought the assets of the club. So the trophies are fair game for them to own.

I suppose that's like you or I buying an Honours Degree Certificate off the internet then. Totally meaningless and worthless.

The debt dies with the old company, they are paying football debts out of goodwill (mainly so they could get the SFA licence.) They legally don't have to pay those debts. (but if they didn't then they wouldn't be allowed the licence.

We all need to remember, fairness doesn't come into it. Football clubs are officially business's and not sports clubs. They are controlled by business law.

Indeed and once they get the licence they will drag their feet on football debt then dispute and then not pay it. I hope I'm wrong but will wait to be proved wrong

Well can't they be granted the licence on condition they repay the football debt within an agreed timescale & if they fail to meet that condition then once they return to the SPL the amount owed will be deducted from the money which is paid out to each SPL team at the end of the season.

Here you are Steve - if you didn't need reminding - from The Bears Den

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=233808

..and one post

Pathetic blog trying to big up the pishy spl, how stupid is that when fool who wrote it has already named the winner of the league before a ball is even kicked.

As for the math part it's only taking into account one or two of the spl's revenue streams, no mention of the overseas t.v rights of around £2.75m per season, Clydesdale bank pulling out minus £10m at the end of the season, Corporate hospitality or the fact that teams bump up the cost of tickets when Rangers fans come to town.

St johnstone fans are a bunch of scum, no Rangers fan should ever give one single penny to them ever again

Does this surprise me? No. Depress me? Yes of course it does. Putting aside disagreements about Stevensan's analysis - OK - fair enough - stats stats and statistics etc, What gets me is the sign-off.

St johnstone fans are a bunch of scum, no Rangers fan should ever give one single penny to them ever again

Well there you go. I am one of a bunch of scum :-( So that is the thinking of but one follower of that team that the SPL and SFA will do whatever to accommodate. Yes - just one - but I suspect a thought echoed broadly. Are we a bunch of scum? Are we REALLY? Let's think for a moment. That guy or gal thinks we are scum - for doing what? Saying it how it is? Wanting the rules to be followed!

What have we done wrong? But clearly in the eyes of one - we have most certainly done wrong. Please Mr Steve - you are one of us. We love our wee team. Are we a nuisance and irritating and whatever? - yes probably we are sometimes - but are we scum? No, no, no - we are honest to goodness lovers of football, of our wee team and (speaking for myself) most of all - of SCOTLAND and NOTHING but Scotland.

Jiangsu Sainty - You forgot to add the fact that since we had two home games vs them last season, its not guaranteed we would have that this season vs them. Also, you assume that dundee will bring our average crowd, something i'd dispute. This would affect your statistics (in a good way)!

That is because the oldco hasn't been liquidated yet. The minute it is it should raise a flag on CH computer system that there is another company trading with a name which is substantially the same. Note on the system that no details of business activity have yet been posted.

As for the trophies... seriously? If i change my name to Steve Redgrave and offer him some loose change for his olympic medals, does that make me an Olympic legend? Does that mean I can claim to have won those olympic medals?

No... it means I have some gold medals which were won by someone else. Sevco are exactly this - they have possession of the trophies, but can NEVER claim to have won them!

Agree with your last line though - they are governed by company law. Which means they are unable to operate as Rangers fc for 12 months from the date of liquidation or face being libel for the debts of the old company.

As for the trophies... seriously? If i change my name to Steve Redgrave and offer him some loose change for his olympic medals, does that make me an Olympic legend? Does that mean I can claim to have won those olympic medals?

No... it means I have some gold medals which were won by someone else. Sevco are exactly this - they have possession of the trophies, but can NEVER claim to have won them!

It has been done in other sports, notably track & field & cycling. It gives no particular satisfaction to the amended recipient (well, a wee bit), but more importantly it recognises and underlines the policy that cheats and those that seek to achieve success through illegal means should, and will, have any recognition removed and given to those that abide by law, whether sporting, or fiscal. Gie us our League Cup!!!!

Edited by Dev
Fix quote

It has been done in other sports, notably track & field & cycling. It gives no particular satisfaction to the amended recipient (well, a wee bit), but more importantly it recognises and underlines the policy that cheats and those that seek to achieve success through illegal means should, and will, have any recognition removed and given to those that abide by law, whether sporting, or fiscal. Gie us our League Cup!!!!

For what it is worth I do not agree that we should be awarded the league cup, if it is shown Rangers fielded ineligible players. The cup should go to the team that won the game... If that team is then found to be cheating then the achievement/trophy should be removed, but the loser shouldn't be given the trophy.

I think one reason we have been described by the RM forum as a "bunch of scum" is that SJFC fans have been very visible across the social web arguing our views. In the past that would not have been the case. Its a compliment of sorts COYS

Think you're right Soulful, but for that lot to be describing anyone as scum is laughable in the extreme:D