An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

As for who should come up, I'm not sure. I think both teams have a case. Dunfermline were fairly relegated. I'm not sure we can argue that they got relegated because Rangers cheated. Rangers were obviously at the naughty stuff for years, so perhaps every team that has been relegated in recent seasons has a case for promotion? Every trophy they won in the last few years should be relinquished to the runner up? It's a huge can of worms. How will they decide this? Should it be put to a vote based the SPL chairmen based on who will bring the most to the division? Everything else has been flung at the members thus far, so why not with this? I'm also not sure Dundees previous history is all the relevant anymore considering they were punished and have paid their dues. I suspect Dundee will be the team that are offered the place.

Well done to those men who stood up for what was right at the very heart of this after all the threats that were flung their way. This is the landmark decision, not the vote on the 4th of July.

Also well done to the thousands of fans, who's constant pressure on the clubs, forced this decision.

I doubt very much if we would have had a 25-5 vote, without the fans.

The football hierarchy can't hide from t'interweb you know:D

Raman Bhardwaj‏@STVRaman

Don't rule out SPL clubs reconsidering transfer of share. ''We were told SFL 1 would happen. It hasn't', says one SPL chairman

Raman Bhardwaj‏@STVRaman

''The situation now is very different to what it was last week'', says another SPL chairman

Considering the Utd and other statements tomorrow could be a battle

Apparently in addition to the Dundee/Dunfermline issue. The following will be discussed.

1. Is there an alternative to newco in Div 3?

2. Feedback from SKY?ESPN/SPORT 5 re broadcasting contracts

3. Changing the voting structure from 11-1 to 9-1.

Raman Bardwaj of STV Sport

So it would seem that St.Mirren and Inverness told their fans what they wanted to hear in order to sell season tickets in the - now obviously misguided - belief that the SFL teams could be easily bullied into voting Rangers back into Division One, thus minimizing the impact of their own decision to oust them from the SPL. They'd only be away for one season, Sky would honour their contract and the financial damage would be tolerable. In that event, they would have appeased their own fans and the decision would've been seen to have been made by other clubs. What a show. These men should be on the stage!

Oh dear, how embarrassing and unfortunate for them that those clubs have the very integrity we are all talking about. I doubt these SPL chairmen and Doncaster/Regan bargained on clubs being prepared to scrap youth systems for a few seasons to uphold the good name of the game in this country. An overwhelming 25 clubs believe no exception should be made for one club regardless of who they are and the financial ramifications such a decision entails.

What do these SPL chairmen think they will achieve by issuing a statement that effectively shows they have no integrity whatsoever and have run their club in such a way as to rely on the presence of one other club to the extent that they now face extinction in their absence? Jeez, I find that almost as unbelievable as the actions of the old Rangers themselves. I suspect for clubs like Saints, this could be the making of us. We could feasibly be one of the few clubs who benefits from the demise of those trolls. If clubs like Inverness and St.Mirren go bust because of this then I'm not sure I will lose any sleep over that.

Well done to those men who stood up for what was right at the very heart of this after all the threats that were flung their way. This is the landmark decision, not the vote on the 4th of July.

Read the bit on the inversnecky site fie the chairman probably one off the eejits that thought the SFL wid have no cahoonys and believed the crap being spouted by crapcaster and his sidekick Reagan

So it would seem that St.Mirren and Inverness told their fans what they wanted to hear in order to sell season tickets in the - now obviously misguided - belief that the SFL teams could be easily bullied into voting Rangers back into Division One, thus minimizing the impact of their own decision to oust them from the SPL. They'd only be away for one season, Sky would honour their contract and the financial damage would be tolerable. In that event, they would have appeased their own fans and the decision would've been seen to have been made by other clubs. What a show. These men should be on the stage!

Oh dear, how embarrassing and unfortunate for them that those clubs have the very integrity we are all talking about. I doubt these SPL chairmen and Doncaster/Regan bargained on clubs being prepared to scrap youth systems for a few seasons to uphold the good name of the game in this country. An overwhelming 25 clubs believe no exception should be made for one club regardless of who they are and the financial ramifications such a decision entails.

What do these SPL chairmen think they will achieve by issuing a statement that effectively shows they have no integrity whatsoever and have run their club in such a way as to rely on the presence of one other club to the extent that they now face extinction in their absence? Jeez, I find that almost as unbelievable as the actions of the old Rangers themselves. I suspect for clubs like Saints, this could be the making of us. We could feasibly be one of the few clubs who benefits from the demise of those trolls. If clubs like Inverness and St.Mirren go bust because of this then I'm not sure I will lose any sleep over that.

My sentiments entirely and you put it so well. Well done.

It is indeed a landmark decision and those SPL clubs who have lived beyond their means and therefore behaved in much the same way as the team now known as NEWCO have been found out.

Geoff was right, the chickens have come home to roost.

Word for the day "PRUDENCE"

The SPL clubs have clearly been dishonest from the start, and have misled the fans by pretending to give in to sporting integrity demands, while plotting a swift return for Rangers via the back door.

I genuinely believe this could have been avoided if they'd been honest and said the whole thing will go tits up without the **** with the current structure, so let's allow them back in but make changes to stop this ever happening again.

Instead they've chosen to lie to us and treat us like idiots. Given saints attitude towards its customers in the past and throughout this affair, I would not be surprised were we to be right in the thick of this grubby charade.

I said this on the other thread about Rangers' demise (in the fitba chat section) that if Steve back tracks now I won't be back. My belief in his leadership of our club, the leadership of Scottish football and of football in general (players cheating, inflated wages and transfer fees etc) and I'd take up a new hobby. I hope Steve could stay strong and be like Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee Utd and continue to say NO to any NewCo in an SPL2 or the SPL!

The SPL clubs have clearly been dishonest from the start, and have misled the fans by pretending to give in to sporting integrity demands, while plotting a swift return for Rangers via the back door.

I genuinely believe this could have been avoided if they'd been honest and said the whole thing will go tits up without the **** with the current structure, so let's allow them back in but make changes to stop this ever happening again.

Instead they've chosen to lie to us and treat us like idiots. Given saints attitude towards its customers in the past and throughout this affair, I would not be surprised were we to be right in the thick of this grubby charade.

This is the key issue.

In some ways this is more sickening than if they had just voted yes to newco in the SPL. Choosing to pretend that they were absolutely opposed to Rangers getting back in to the SPL in order to uphold the integrity of the game when all along they felt certain they'd be accepted into division one and likely be back in the SPL in one season anyway...

That disgusts me. I probably wouldn't have stopped going to games if they had got back in, but if the system is restructured to provide them with access to a new second tier and fast track one year re-entry to the SPL, how could we accept that? The top level of our game would be showing itself to be corrupt to its very core.

How many more chairmen thought Rangers would be back in season 2013/2014 and based their 'no' vote on that? How many would've voted no if they knew for certain the only other option was division 3? ICT and St.Mirren have lost all credibility with recent statements while respect for the other two clubs, United and Aberdeen? will have only increased with their statements. The silence of the other clubs is deafening.

Think it's Hearts Sam,but two great posts from yourself,that i agree with completely

Hearts confirmed live on air that they wouldn't support them being voted back into the SPL/wouldn't support SPL2 (they also said they doubted it would even be brought up).

Inverness have also now confirmed, after their emergency board meeting today, that the correct decision was made when Rangers were made to apply for SFL membership.

We're gonna need to make a list again!!

For SPL2/Re-admittance into SPL:

OldCo

Against SPL2/Re-admittance into SPL:

Inverness

Hearts

Dundee Utd

Aberdeen

Hopefully, tomorrow, Steve tells them where to go, votes Dundee in and we can get a big crowd crammed into McDiarmid Park. Mon the Saintees!!! ;o)

Saints won't let us down. Big week for the club our trip to Turkey, a very decent squad in place, a confident if short pre-season, another no vote at AGM if such a thing even takes place. Really looking forward to the season

Steve will not be seeking re-election the SPL board tomorrow which is greta news. The farther away from those clowns he gets the better.

St Johnstone 1884 ‏@stjohnstone1884

Saints chairman S Brown won't stand for re-election to the SPL board at tomorrow's AGM. Killie's Michael Johnston is likely to replace him

Saints won't let us down. Big week for the club our trip to Turkey, a very decent squad in place, a confident if short pre-season, another no vote at AGM if such a thing even takes place. Really looking forward to the season

Wee bit on the back page of Sunday Mail "It's understood Aberdeen, Celtic,Hibs and StJohnstone are just as unequivocal their original decision to refuse newco a place in the top flight.

Despite having to ask an adult what that meant:wink: i am happy to believe that we had no part it the shenanigans of Reagan ect, a statement would help though

Wee bit on the back page of Sunday Mail "It's understood Aberdeen, Celtic,Hibs and StJohnstone are just as unequivocal their original decision to refuse newco a place in the top flight.

Despite having to ask an adult what that meant:wink: i am happy to believe that we had no part it the shenanigans of Reagan ect, a statement would help though

When you away Gav?? Pm me please so as not to go off topic and all that..:wink:

Saints chairman S Brown won't stand for re-election to the SPL board at tomorrow's AGM. Killie's Michael Johnston is likely to replace him

This worries me. To replace SB with him will mean less integrity and more bowing down to the OF for financial gain. Could be the end of the fans uprising in its early stages. Even Killie fans want rid of him, now he'll be given more power!

This worries me. To replace SB with him will mean less integrity and more bowing down to the OF for financial gain. Could be the end of the fans uprising in its early stages. Even Killie fans want rid of him, now he'll be given more power!

Agreed - we'd be better off with Boris Johnston.

i am annoyed to hear a certain stewart regan leaked email regarding rangers, they seem to think they know everything about scottish football, they know nothing. If the clubs were going to go bust because of the rangers situation they would not have voted them into div 3. This is the spl worryin about linning there own pockets

Interesting quote on the OS relating to Steve Brown's resignation....

"It was agreed that the SPL would work with the Scottish FA, SFL and Rangers to facilitate Rangers FC taking their place in SFL Division 3 this season."

Suggests that the lid is now closed and Pandora is sitting on her box again

Our work here is done. Well done to everyone who stood up for right against wrong.

It will be hard for the club but we must stand shoulder to shoulder to get through this.

I told you it would be okay John..:wink:

"It was agreed that the SPL would work with the Scottish FA, SFL and Rangers to facilitate Rangers FC taking their place in SFL Division 3 this season.

A massive well done to everyone who fought tooth and nail to make sure there were no stitch-ups and to ensure that for the good of our national game justice was done and was seen to be done.

Now lets play fitba