An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

I think one reason we have been described by the RM forum as a "bunch of scum" is that SJFC fans have been very visible across the social web arguing our views. In the past that would not have been the case. Its a compliment of sorts COYS

Have to say I never thought of that argument but agree with every word.

Jiangsu Sainty - You forgot to add the fact that since we had two home games vs them last season, its not guaranteed we would have that this season vs them. Also, you assume that dundee will bring our average crowd, something i'd dispute. This would affect your statistics (in a good way)!

Dundee looking at taking 3000 to Killie on saturday. They have buses booked with the seats available at 2500 and folks making their own way.

Michael Johnston is quoted on BBC as saying there are NO plans to change voting structure or cash distribution!!!

Another dose of Johnston f*ckwittery, marvellous - He's probably jist no' been telt whit's happening 'cause he's a "scab". :wink:

St johnstone fans are a bunch of scum, no Rangers fan should ever give one single penny to them ever again

Well there you go. I am one of a bunch of scum

Personally, I'm delighted with that. It shows that we're in the right. I'd be far more concerned if people like that were actually on our side.

Well can't they be granted the licence on condition they repay the football debt within an agreed timescale & if they fail to meet that condition then once they return to the SPL the amount owed will be deducted from the money which is paid out to each SPL team at the end of the season.

Yes technically they can. But wait and see if that happens. As soon as the licence is granted watch out for fawning media features that say there is nothing that the SFA et al can do about forcing the repayment of debt - it was a different company that ran up the debt etc. Or Sevco says - we aim to pay it but we will do so in instalments etc etc. The football debt will not be paid and certainly not in full - I'd bet my house on it.

The only vague hope is that UEFA act on behalf of Rapid Vienna.

Mainstand thinks that they will repay the debt - I'm willing to have small wager with him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19102870?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

<B> Rangers: SPL appoint commission to investigate payments </B>

The Scottish Premier League have appointed an independent commission to rule on Rangers' alleged use of employee benefits trusts from 2000-11.

The Ibrox club's use of the scheme was the subject of a tax tribunal, which has yet to deliver a verdict.

EBTs were administered by the company that formerly ran Rangers and is now in the process of being liquidated.

The SPL say the commission will determine whether Rangers acted "in breach of the relevant SPL rules".

And a spokesman added: "In the event that the independent commission decides that such breach or breaches occurred the independent commission will have powers to determine what sanctions, if any, are appropriate."

A BBC documentary, "Rangers, The Men Who Sold The Jerseys", found evidence suggesting that 38 Rangers players had received side-letters giving undertakings to fund their sub-trusts with cash.

Scottish FA rules state that all payments made to players in respect of their earnings from football must be declared and clubs falling foul of those rules could face sanctions from the league.

The SPL launched an investigation on 5 March into the scheme Rangers used in an attempt to reduce their tax bill, with the probe covering the period stretching back to the competition's inception in 1998.

The league instructed lawyers, Glasgow firm Harper Macleod, to investigate the allegations of dual contracts.

Rangers' assets were sold to a group led by Charles Green after The Rangers Football Club plc could not be saved from liquidation.

Green's company, now known as The Rangers Football Club Ltd, have relaunched the club, who have been placed in Scottish Division Three after the SPL rejected an application by Green to take over Rangers' share in the top flight.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has insisted he would "never accept" the club being stripped of any of their titles during the period being investigated.

And Green said last week: "As we have proved in the last couple of months we will stand up to any challenges that face Rangers and will continue to fight for the club's best interests."

Yes technically they can. But wait and see if that happens. As soon as the licence is granted watch out for fawning media features that say there is nothing that the SFA et al can do about forcing the repayment of debt - it was a different company that ran up the debt etc. Or Sevco says - we aim to pay it but we will do so in instalments etc etc. The football debt will not be paid and certainly not in full - I'd bet my house on it.

Mainstand thinks that they will repay the debt - I'm willing to have small wager with him.

If they can afford to sign guys like Black & Shiels on 3 & 4 year contracts then they can afford to pay their footballing debt. The clubs owed cash must try & keep the issue in the media spotlight & keep the pressure on the SPL & SFA.

If they can afford to sign guys like Black & Shiels on 3 & 4 year contracts then they can afford to pay their footballing debt. The clubs owed cash must try & keep the issue in the media spotlight & keep the pressure on the SPL & SFA.

You're absolutely right, Scott. In fact, ALL other clubs and supporters must keep the pressure on.

It's just a pity that some posters on this forum seem to think that SevCo "has been punished enough" and we should let the matter drop. They are wrong. A famous quote springs to mind:

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing."

...and unlike St Johnstone who have no outstanding debt to any club, Rangers have left debt of £134m to unsecured creditors. But magically, they still have intact their own state- of-the-art training faciltities on prime land. By contrast, we hire facilities from Stirling University and pay them the going rate. Any St Johnstone fan that cannot see the patent unfairness of that outcome is not trying hard enough and has drawn a line in the wrong bit of the sand.

Support your team - demand a level playing field.

ESPN signed up for 30 games from the SPL and ten from the fourth division. Armageddon? I cant believe some tabloid and BBC journalists are still in a job they have been so far off the mark.

thats right they mostly tried to stir up hysteria and panic to dictate an outcome of there liking.old firm bias 0 fans 1 .

Just bumping this thread again to say well done and thank you to the Chairman and Board of Directors for backing another excellent signing today.

I was critical of the Chairman a few weeks ago, but in terms of looking after Saints' prospects for the coming season, he has really stepped up to the plate in recent times and deserves commendation. The best way in which we can show our appreciation is by much-improved crowds at McDiarmid - and also by less moaning from the stands - this season.

Going by what has been said today Is that a donation heading to my designated Charity Soulful :)

Hearts haven't been repaid yet. The 800k will be paid next June apparently.

They have also not made any payments to clubs outwith Scotland...

No the Hearts payment is a staged payment. The element that was due has seemingly been paid but they are due another £500k next june as per the contract.

No the Hearts payment is a staged payment. The element that was due has seemingly been paid but they are due another £500k next june as per the contract.

So, in short, they still owe Hearts a lot of money. They are still in debt to Hearts. It is a 'football debt'. Therefore, Soulful's original point still stands.

Quite apart from you being factually incorrect, it is disappointing to see you still coming on here to defend your "wee team". Why you feel the need to stick up for a shower of cheats who have paid up £50,000 of the £134,000,000 they owe (a massive 0.3%), heaven only knows.

So, in short, they still owe Hearts a lot of money. They are still in debt to Hearts. It is a 'football debt'. Therefore, Soulful's original point still stands.

Quite apart from you being factually incorrect, it is disappointing to see you still coming on here to defend your "wee team". Why you feel the need to stick up for a shower of cheats who have paid up £50,000 of the £134,000,000 they owe (a massive 0.3%), heaven only knows.

i thought his wee team played in green.maybe i am wrong and she/hes just a fan of the old old firm.

Sorry, been confused by a Jambo!

My understanding, having read the papers (which are all saying different things) and TSFM is that debts to all Scottish clubs have been cleared, apart from a 500k payment due to Hearts next June/July.

The 500k paid yesterday covered the other debts. Hearts have apparently agreed to the original payment plan...

edit: so, yes... they still owe lots of money!!!

Edited by stevensan

You can call MS a lot of things but he certainly doesn't lean towards Rangers!

I stand corrected but if that is indeed the case, it makes it all the more baffling that he continues to stick up for them.

Or perhaps not - as has been said many times before during this saga - two cheeks, same arse.

And Stevensan - please note that the repayment of debts announced with such great fanfare yesterday amounts to some £50,000, NOT £500,000!

And Stevensan - please note that the repayment of debts announced with such great fanfare yesterday amounts to some £50,000, NOT £500,000!

I believe that was a typo in the daily record TBH... 500k would make sense (300k Hearts, and the rest to Dundee Utd, Celtic, Inverness and I think Dunfermline). 50k would not have cleared all their scottish football debts.

Interestingly the report on the rangers.co.uk site doesn't give a figure, so it could all be made up again, like the 800k the papers claim was received for Davis, which Southampton claim they only paid a 'nominal' fee for!

Cheers for that.

Had a good laugh at that one. Quite sad but it really does sum up some folks attitudes.

I stand corrected but if that is indeed the case, it makes it all the more baffling that he continues to stick up for them.

Or perhaps not - as has been said many times before during this saga - two cheeks, same arse.

I believe that was a typo in the daily record TBH... 500k would make sense (300k Hearts, and the rest to Dundee Utd, Celtic, Inverness and I think Dunfermline). 50k would not have cleared all their scottish football debts.

Interestingly the report on the rangers.co.uk site doesn't give a figure, so it could all be made up again, like the 800k the papers claim was received for Davis, which Southampton claim they only paid a 'nominal' fee for!

Sorry are you 2 Soulfuls bodyguards? :)

The original discussion was about the football debt. I believe Hearts staged the payments with £800k therefore that was a current debt the second payment which is not due until next year is for £500 k.

So they have paid their current football debt.

As for sticking up for Rangers Percy have a look at yourself!!!

As for sticking up for Rangers Percy have a look at yourself!!!

Sorry, but I don't have a clue what you mean by that. :confused: I do know that on the 9th June, you unfairly accused me of hijacking the "Season Ticket" thread and spouting "anti newco rigged league nonsense" . You later denied ever having said that my views were nonsense! Last night, you appeared to be revelling in the fact that SevCo has paid a tiny proportion of the monies it owes.

If I have mistakenly inferred from these posts that you are in some way sympathetic to the mighty Rangers, then I apologise sincerely. But I hope you will understand why your previous comments could be interpreted in that way.