An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

I agree with you on the folks who are threatning to never come back. Ghostie being the most "high" profile on this site. I always admire those with principals though.

do not despair, you might find one yet

nice letter Percy and hope you do not live to regret your choice if Rangers are saved

Agreed on "courage". Only a "bag of wind" if tehy dont have the courage of their convictions. It is like you are already accusing them of coming back even though they say they will not. At least give them time to prove themselves.

I hope that those who say they won't come back do indeed end up returning. I, for one, would rather see them there supporting Saints than sitting at home on a Saturday because others will accuse them of being 'wind bags'

I hope that those who say they won't come back do indeed end up returning. I, for one, would rather see them there supporting Saints than sitting at home on a Saturday because others will accuse them of being 'wind bags'

No way will I stay at home because someone has called me a name. More likely I will slap them :laugh:

Dons Supporter's Trust

DST views with increasing concern the possibility that SPL clubs will vote to allow direct entry of a newco to the SPL with minimal penalties. The overwhelming opinion of supporters in Scotland is that a newco should enter senior football by applying for admission to the SFL 3rd division and working their way up again in a sustainable and honest way. Rangers like all other member clubs must be seen to comply with the rules and honour their debts, otherwise why should fans ever bother to turn up again, knowing for sure that the league is permanently rigged in their favour.

The mantra being repeated by most pundits and the officials of the SPL is that it is in the member clubs’ financial interest that a Rangers newco is immediately admitted to the SPL. The purported grounds are that Rangers along with Celtic bring about £700,000 a year to the other clubs by their fans attendance at matches and the TV deal. The message now being put about is that integrity and fair play is trumped by the financial imperative to survive since Scottish football will supposedly cease to be viable if Rangers are not in the top league. How can this stance be squared with Rangers and Celtic’s insistence in recent years that their departure to England/an Atlantic League would not be detrimental to Scottish football?

Full open letter is here:

http://www.donssupporterstogether.com/dst-on-rangers-newco-sporting-integrity-and-the-financial-reality/

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Its next season and revitalised St Johnstone are up against a tiring and under-funded Newco and we can relegate them, I will wear a fake beard and sneak into the East Stand, otherwsie not. Cmon Saints vote for sporting values.

But what new rules will then be introduced to avoid this being allowed to happen?

It would be for the "good of Scottish football" wouldn't it?

But what new rules will then be introduced to avoid this being allowed to happen?

It would be for the "good of Scottish football" wouldn't it?

Apparently there is a clause in the Sky contract guaranteeing four old firm games a season so that suggests they will have to re-organise.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Apparently there is a clause in the Sky contract guaranteeing four old firm games a season so that suggests they will have to re-organise.

That's exactly what will happen. League restructure = no relegation

here is the letter I sent last week to Steve Brown.

Oops sorry I missed that bit. That is why I failed all my exams ,i didn`t read the questions properly.

Good letter & nice to see someone making the effort. I assume Steve knows the fans views by now & don`t envy him his position.

Even now I am not sure what I would do if I was him. Easy to say that I will boycott **** or newhuns games but not what to do in Steves position.

totally uncalled for as well as being unfair !

Why is it unfair? I bet he will never carry out his threat and if he did then he is not half the 'uber' fan he claims to be. Saints fans go to games because the love St Johnstone not because Rangers will/or will not be playing in the league.

The fact is Rangers like it or lump it provide us with a lot of cash direclty or indirectly and our clubs as well as many other would take a serious financial impact if they were to leave the SPL.

Ive said it all along vote them in if they sign up to a 9/3 voting system and take 10-15 points of them for the start of the next two season. Throwing them out would have a negative impact of our football club

Edited by Scobby_SJFC

Percy has written an excellent letter and I for one hope that the SPL chairmen are brave enough to go with integrity rather than finance. I know John Yorkston of Dunfermline plans to vote for relegation to Div 3. I accept the arguments about the potential loss to the other clubs of revenue from Rangers fans not being forthcoming and the potential loss of the Sky money but the vast majority of that goes to the O.F anyway! Has it been firmly established that Sky would in fact pull the plug? Outweighing all that for me is the sporting integrity argument where no one club should be able to dictate how the league is run especially given the damage they have caused to local businesses and of course their total lack of regard for the rules ( particularly with regard to the HMRC )

In our particular case perhaps having another local derby if Dundee came up would outweigh the loss of Rangers income after all, even when they do come, McDiarmid is still not Full to capacity!

All in all I hope the Chairmen vote to take the hit and let's send out a message to Clubs everywhere that here in Scotland we will not put up with cheating!

Percy has written an excellent letter and I for one hope that the SPL chairmen are brave enough to go with integrity rather than finance. I know John Yorkston of Dunfermline plans to vote for relegation to Div 3. I accept the arguments about the potential loss to the other clubs of revenue from Rangers fans not being forthcoming and the potential loss of the Sky money but the vast majority of that goes to the O.F anyway! Has it been firmly established that Sky would in fact pull the plug? Outweighing all that for me is the sporting integrity argument where no one club should be able to dictate how the league is run especially given the damage they have caused to local businesses and of course their total lack of regard for the rules ( particularly with regard to the HMRC )

In our particular case perhaps having another local derby if Dundee came up would outweigh the loss of Rangers income after all, even when they do come, McDiarmid is still not Full to capacity!

All in all I hope the Chairmen vote to take the hit and let's send out a message to Clubs everywhere that here in Scotland we will not put up with cheating!

On a side note do Dunfermiline vote or would it be Ross County?

Why is it unfair? I bet he will never carry out his threat and if he did then he is not half the 'uber' fan he claims to be. Saints fans go to games because the love St Johnstone not ebcause Rangers will/or will not be playing in the league.

Agree and dont agree but just find it slightly disrespectful. As an old stalthwart who now lives abroad, the taunts of part time supporter/glory hunter do rile me. So just think Percy deserves more respect. But not falling out with you over it x

Why is it unfair? I bet he will never carry out his threat and if he did then he is not half the 'uber' fan he claims to be. Saints fans go to games because the love St Johnstone not because Rangers will/or will not be playing in the league.

The fact is Rangers like it or lump it provide us with a lot of cash direclty or indirectly and our clubs as well as many other would take a serious financial impact if they were to leave the SPL.

Ive said it all along vote them in if they sign up to a 9/3 voting system and take 10-15 points of them for the start of the next two season. Throwing them out would have a negative impact of our football club

Maybe we should signpost the point so you don't miss it next time.

On the contrary, it's the right thing to do and I hope our chairman realises that. Others can drop their trousers to the likes of Rangers and an organisation like the SPL which condones them if they want - heck you can even go on calling yourselves "the true fans" if you like Scobby - if it gets to that point it won't matter to me for one any more. It's called having principles. Some have it, others don't. If he does follow through, I'll be there with him.

And if they don't agree to that, what then? Many people want to see us competing in a league that's actually seen to be WORTH competing in. You know, as in a "competition", something that's fair and has integrity. If you don't have that, you have nothing.