Sandaza leaving

mogs1968

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were able to sign Fran, I would strongly anticipate a top 4 finish next season. That amount of goals take you places. Go on Fran...........you know it makes sense!

Why ? Although he would be an excellent signing for next season,his scoring contribution didna half fall by the way side after christmas,he and others will/would certainly do enough to keep us up,i dont think in any way we will be at the dizzy heights of 4th place.

Why ? Although he would be an excellent signing for next season,his scoring contribution didna half fall by the way side after christmas,he and others will/would certainly do enough to keep us up,i dont think in any way we will be at the dizzy heights of 4th place.

we finished 2points away from 5th and with no rangers i dont see why 4th is not a real target

I wonder how Fran feels now about his near move to Rangers oldco. His attitude and form seemed to change for the worse after Saints rebuffed their attempts to sign him. I'd love to have him back, incidentally. I think this has a touch of Felipe Morais about it though. Ultimately I think Fran has a hugely inflated sense of his own self worth and believes he can do better than us. In all fainess, there's nothing wrong with striving for better, but I think there are other factors at play here. His ability speaks for itself, so why has he not signed up somewhere? A lot of the time, the career of player like him is actually hampered by his own ego.

Edited by SaintSam1884

I wonder how Fran feels now about his near move to Rangers oldco. His attitude and form seemed to change for the worse after Saints rebuffed their attempts to sign him. I'd love to have him back, incidentally. I think this has a touch of Felipe Morais about it though. Ultimately I think Fran has a hugely inflated sense of his own self worth and believes he can do better than us. In all fainess, there's nothing wrong with striving for better, but I think there are other factors at play here. His ability speaks for itself, so why has he not signed up somewhere? A lot of the time, the career of player like him is actually hampered by his own ego.

I though he was still contributing heavily to the team, although his goals suffered I though his all round play was better and set up a fair few

• 2 weeks later...

Look dinna want to sound shite about the man,he has had an offer on the table from Saints for long enough now,yeah he's still thinking about his many many options,sorry Franny just sign or move on,lets just get it over wi man.

Look dinna want to sound shite about the man,he has had an offer on the table from Saints for long enough now,yeah he's still thinking about his many many options,sorry Franny just sign or move on,lets just get it over wi man.

hard to disagree with that, if he was going to sign, he,d have signed by now and be in Turkey with the squad, his bird lives in Perth so thats the only reason i can see for him hanging around the club right now, that and getting a bit of training in.

I doubt he has any intention of signing for us if he can help it.

I would be more than a little bemused if he signed for Rangers.

I think the type of strikers Rangers are looking at are more likely to be found posting on this board than playing for the team ! :D

I don't have any personal issue with him holding off signing. When on form and not distracted or in a selfish mood he is the finest St. Johnstone player in recent years.

I think we all need to accept he doesn't want to be here, that has been obvious since basically the day he arrived. It shouldn't prevent us from wanting him to be a Saints player. I would even happily sign him on a 6 month deal, just to get the 6 months out of him.

I have nothing wrong with him continuing to wait for a better offer, but agree that it would be disrespectful for him to move sideways to another SPL team. Footballers' careers are short, and the level of St. Johnstone player they need to think hard about money if they want to accumulate as much of it as possible

If he had not signed by the cut off time for the euro ties I would of withdrawn the contract

Yeah. If he was going to sign for us he would have done it in time to play in Europe but as Montrose said I wouldn`t like him to be playing against us.

Hope he gets his longed for dream of signing for Rangers`if their signing ban is lifted`& they go tits up like I think they will.

I don't have any personal issue with him holding off signing. When on form and not distracted or in a selfish mood he is the finest St. Johnstone player in recent years.

I think we all need to accept he doesn't want to be here, that has been obvious since basically the day he arrived. It shouldn't prevent us from wanting him to be a Saints player. I would even happily sign him on a 6 month deal, just to get the 6 months out of him.

I have nothing wrong with him continuing to wait for a better offer, but agree that it would be disrespectful for him to move sideways to another SPL team. Footballers' careers are short, and the level of St. Johnstone player they need to think hard about money if they want to accumulate as much of it as possible

That is, after all, what we got from him last season :cool: