Sandaza leaving

mogs1968

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/19149651

You can see he was far too ambitious to stay at saints.....

I really couldn't believe when i saw this. He was obviously keen to go last January very glad we told them to go whistle as we wouldn't have seen a penny.

Its really a bit of a pay day for players like him and Black. Pretty crazy stuff to sign for a club that looks like it may be in administration by Christmas.

I don't see it happening. The guy is an arrogant bam who was too good for us. No way will he spend his peak years playing against Elgin, Stranraer and Peterheed.

Pay him what he wants and he will turn up at Pollok, Kinnoull and Jeanfield. Will he play? not if he doesn't fancy it.

Shows a real lack of ambition by fran. Can't see what he can gain from it except from £££, but how secure is any rangers contract? As soon as they get to a decent level, he, black and Beattie will be got shot of.

Enjoy Annan fran. This just shows what is wrong with footballers now.

The only problem I have is that there are 2 threads on pretty much the same subject on two different sections.

Obviously the man values the dough more than his career. None of these players can argue that they are signing for that team purely for financial reasons

If any of you had ever spoken with Fran, he makes some very good points.

Unlike most of us... Who can work in the same job until we are 65, he is a footballer, and this is what allows him to earn money to live.

His career is very short, finishing when he is 32-35 (if he is lucky and doesn't get injured) and he HAS to make as much money as he possibly can. This makes great sense to me.

He loved his time at Saints, and would have happily stayed with us had we matched the other offers (or his desired wages).

All the best Fran, and thanks for what you have done for Saints last season.

Financially a good move for him though ??

It must be. Lomas was saying in the paper that fran had said in his time here that he hadn't made much oit of the game. Fair enough, he wants the security (allegedly he has been offered a 4 year deal), but im sure he could have found a much better level to play at. Seems a bit of a waste.

Unlike most of us... Who can work in the same job until we are 65, he is a footballer, and this is what allows him to earn money to live.

His career is very short, finishing when he is 32-35 (if he is lucky and doesn't get injured) and he HAS to make as much money as he possibly can. This makes great sense to me.

He loved his time at Saints, and would have happily stayed with us had we matched the other offers (or his desired wages).

The way Sevco are spending money he may be redundant by Christmas.

Agree with this post 100%

I actually thought he had left already and was therefore entitled to sign up for whoever he liked ???

Yes, correct. What annoys me is that he always made it clear he was using our club as a stepping stone to bigger things, which was perfectly understandable, yet now he has signed for a 3rd division club. He will be at least 30 by the time Rangers reach the SPL again, and I doubt he will attract much attention from bigger English clubs by impressing against the likes of Peterhead and East Stirling. He had offers from clubs abroad, as far as I'm aware, including a premier league Turkish side. You wouldn't imagine the money they could offer would be that much less than what The Rangers will have offered. And they would surely have been better choices for him career-wise.

Rangers messed Fran around last season, making him believe they were ready to sign him to the point that he was at an airport in Spain preparing for a flight back to Scotland before they called him to tell him they had changed their mind. Fran made it perfectly clear at this point that it was a huge 'relief' to avoid signing for Rangers. In fact, he fired his agent for attempting to put money before what was right for him in terms of his own career. Now it seems like he is a complete hypocrite.

These are the things I'm annoyed about.

Absolutely but most are not with companies who have just gone bust.

He is not.... He has joined a brand new company with a positive balance sheet, significant assets, and good prospects for a weekly turnover to cover the costs of running the business.

And where the hell did he think saints were going to get 5k a week to pay him? and if he loved it here as much as he / you says he does why reject the contract saints offered him?

The not very convincing argument used by overpaid, not brilliant football players to justify the 7, 8, 10, 20 or more grand a week they "earn". Money paid by the greedy to the greedy, and us punters foot the bill. Still, free country and all that - if any of us were in a position to do it, we would. Just wish folk would stop trying to justify it.