Sandaza leaving

mogs1968

And where the hell did he think saints were going to get 5k a week to pay him? and if he loved it here as much as he / you says he does why reject the contract saints offered him?

Looks like a pre agreed deal tbh.

McCoist says wait til the crap on the club settles down and we will give you what you want.

As soon as the dust settled Rangers signed 3 players on very good money.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other hilarious lunacy in all this is that all those knuckle-dragging TFOD fans who declared on P&B that "Sandaza's no' Rangers class, like" will now be lauding him as another true blue come to aid the Sevco cause in it's hour of need...

Pathetic from all points of view really.

And where the hell did he think saints were going to get 5k a week to pay him? and if he loved it here as much as he / you says he does why reject the contract saints offered him?

Saints couldn't afford it. Thats why he had to leave. (For reasons mentioned above)

The not very convincing argument used by overpaid, not brilliant football players to justify the 7, 8, 10, 20 or more grand a week they "earn". Money paid by the greedy to the greedy, and us punters foot the bill. Still, free country and all that - if any of us were in a position to do it, we would. Just wish folk would stop trying to justify it.

Classic example of "Don't blame the player, blame the game!"

Yes, correct. What annoys me is that he always made it clear he was using our club as a stepping stone to bigger things, which was perfectly understandable, yet now he has signed for a 3rd division club. He will be at least 30 by the time Rangers reach the SPL again, and I doubt he will attract much attention from bigger English clubs by impressing against the likes of Peterhead and East Stirling. He had offers from clubs abroad, as far as I'm aware, including a premier league Turkish side. You wouldn't imagine the money they could offer would be that much less than what The Rangers will have offered. And they would surely have been better choices for him career-wise.

Rangers messed Fran around last season, making him believe they were ready to sign him to the point that he was at an airport in Spain preparing for a flight back to Scotland before they called him to tell him they had changed their mind. Fran made it perfectly clear at this point that it was a huge 'relief' to avoid signing for Rangers. In fact, he fired his agent for attempting to put money before what was right for him in terms of his own career. Now it seems like he is a complete hypocrite.

These are the things I'm annoyed about.

Lots of people have career ups and downs. Is it so wrong that he signs for lots more money and potentially having to do a lot less work ?? No doubt somebody will "nail" him within weeks in the third division and then he sits on the sofa raking it in. Who is the mug ?

Lots of people have career ups and downs. Is it so wrong that he signs for lots more money and potentially having to do a lot less work ?? No doubt somebody will "nail" him within weeks in the third division and then he sits on the sofa raking it in. Who is the mug ?

I do see your point, matey, but it just strikes me as odd that a player who is as confident in his own abilities/arrogant as Fran doesn't believe that he could sign on for Saints until December and play well enough to attract a team who offer better career prospects, and perhaps even more money, than The Rangers. I'm disappointed.

Money isn't the be all and end all. When he's 40 or 50 and his money is gone and all he has to look back on is playing his peak seasons playing pretty much junior level football, who's the mug then?

I do see your point, matey, but it just strikes me as odd that a player who is as confident in his own abilities/arrogant as Fran doesn't believe that he could sign on for Saints until December and play well enough to attract a team who offer better career prospects, and perhaps even more money, than The Rangers. I'm disappointed.

...could be another stepping stone though ?

I have no problem with him leaving to get as much money as he can. That's life and as has been suggested most of us would do the same. What I dont understand is him signing for a club who treated him like crap and he came out in the press with those sentiments, and also as has been said whose fans got very personal with him.

I would also argue that so far we have little evidence on their solvency.

Would have rather seen him sign on elsewhere, but he has a 3 year deal on more than he's probably earned anywhere else. That is security and no doubt he knows himself that the 1 season he had banging in all of 14 goals was the best of his career. Don't forget he's had an up and down career as it is, so I can understand why he'd go to them. He's worth no more than 10K a week, so if he's guaranteed £7K for 3 years, that's £1.1M in the bank.

We had the good times, so enough of the bitterness. Saying that, I'll happily abuse him should our paths cross.

I cannae believe he has signed for them. ( well actually I can given the money they offered). Finacially it is certainly good for him but given the situation, it might not be most secure move he could make. Could all go tits up which would be a shame for the lad.

I can only go as far as wishing him good luck personally. He's signed for a team who I have nothing but distain for and that only increased when they phucked him about at Christmas.

I would like to wish him luck in his new career ...........................................................................................................................................................Na would i fcuk!!Fcuk the chunt!! as i said in annother post

And how can Sevco afford Fran, Black and Shields on long term deals? and Kyle on one year+ some Brazilian

Have they learned nothing?Still owe hearts nearly a million for Wallace, disgusting, pay your depts first you shower of piss taking bastards.I m so annoyed at all this carry on it reeks of stale p1sh.

As for you Fran you money grabbing tube, go to the 3rd division and get kicked all over the park , now do one and Fu3k Off!!

Football Ambition =0

Money Grabbing Ambition= 10

What a waste of a fantastic player. He has taken the easy option. Hes not going to improve as a player in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd division.

I agree with this. Leaving aside the obvious disappointment that he won't be coming back to us, which was always very unlikely, you have to think that he's signing away his career. The guy is 27 years old and has great talent. These are the peak years of his career as a footballer but he's opted to sign up to three years in the lower echelons of a backwater league in European terms. He has the talent to play at a really good level, maybe not at the very top but certainly somewhere miles better than playing against part-timers. He'll probably score sackloads of goals but he'll never have to put in 100%, thereby leaving him unable to fulfil his potential.

If he had an offer from the Spanish second division as he has told the media then that would appear to be a much more challenging option, somewhere that he would be able to develop and improve, while living in his home country and playing in one of the best leagues in the world. It's surprising and disappointing that he sees Rangers as a better option.

I would like to wish him luck in his new career ...........................................................................................................................................................Na would i fcuk!!Fcuk the chunt!! as i said in annother post

And how can Sevco afford Fran, Black and Shields on long term deals? and Kyle on one year+ some Brazilian

Have they learned nothing?Still owe hearts nearly a million for Wallace, disgusting, pay your depts first you shower of piss taking bastards.I m so annoyed at all this carry on it reeks of stale p1sh.

As for you Fran you money grabbing tube, go to the 3rd division and get kicked all over the park , now do one and Fu3k Off!!

Football Ambition =0

Money Grabbing Ambition= 10

Calm doon Larky FFS..

I agree with yer ambition bit but the guy plays football as a job and someone ( unfortunately someone we all dislike greatly) has offered him top wages. It's like Bannatynes Gym offering to triple your pay. Bannatyne might be a total fud but are you gonna stay at Bells on peanuts or are you gonna take the bigger money.

well what a waste of a talent why would you want to play 3rd division football when premier clubs where offering you a deal???? one thing MONEY, MONEY MONEY. I loved this guy last year but have just lost all respect for the guy. rangers havent paid hearts for wallace yet but they can afford to pay high wages for premier league standard players. this shocking and disgusting, these players are claiming they have come to rangers for the pride history of a big club, well news flash rangers dont exist the history dont exist.

I think all saints fans knew he was not going to be back at saints this season, however it is disappointing that he has signed for a club which played games with him during the season. Im sure he could have gotten the same money elsewhere if he had desired just maybe not on a 3 year deal. Such a waste of a talent. I think that rangers should have had a limit put on their spending/how much they can pay their players rather than a transfer embargo.