Lomas Must Go - Here's Why.

MySpazz

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Dont agree with the title of the thread but what I am very concerned about is that Lomas seems almost insistent that the recruitment drive starts NOW. If he has 10-13 players to sign then I hope to god he has had a lot scouted himself and lined up already. If not, then he'll simply be going on the basis of agents, contacts and YouTube.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another OF sycophant with a warped sense of reality. Did you speak to him?

Aye. Said he was meeting Super Saint down the Burns at 8pm.

Dont agree with the title of the thread but what I am very concerned about is that Lomas seems almost insistent that the recruitment drive starts NOW. If he has 10-13 players to sign then I hope to god he has had a lot scouted himself and lined up already. If not, then he'll simply be going on the basis of agents, contacts and YouTube.
Scouting isnt his forte, look at the players he's brought in and doesnt even play?

Unreal, we probably had the 2nd lowest budget in the league an will do again next season but fans expect so much from it. All we can ask for with the size of club is good honest pros who work hard and don't shirk a challenge.

Would you rather pay for what you can't afford or live within your means?

No,but we were doing brilliant (5th in league) then Del left,Lomas has failed in everyway to keep the ball rolling,threads and posts like these are not about wanting more money blah blah blah,people are pissed off at the lacklustre performances since Lomas arrived,if we are to believe everything getting spouted,he has no respect in the dressingroom,players are leaving en masse,his tactical ability seems to be lacking,no motivational skills,yet to hear him talk positive about the team/board etc etc the list seems to be endless,people must be thinking even if he had a £5 million budget he would struggle to pull in a decent team.

I dont want to jump on this bandwagon,fair do's the past few weeks have been torture to watch,but i think its too early to be calling for his head,i can only assume something is wrong within St Johnstone,its not coming across as a happy ship at present,but as others have been stating lets wait and see what Lomas can come up with during the next few weeks regarding building a new team,if it doesnt work then he will be punted before xmas which will leave enough time for the next manager to get us out of the relegation dogfight :wink:

Scouting isnt his forte, look at the players he's brought in and doesnt even play?

YouTube it is then.....

We will always be at the lowest end of the budget scale and not every year will we be able to perform miracles. Part and parcel of being a Saints fan is dealing with relegation and i think next year will be a dogfight. In my opionion Del had one of the worst Saints teams on the field in recent times at one point.

No comments about Lomas are suggesting anything to do with money or spending big to get a big name manager.

At Saints I think we now appreciate it's quite the opposite.

With OC and Del we had a couple of guys who realised and worked with Geoff on the understanding that we were happy that McDiarmid was a stepping stone for them, if they do well then we do well, they move on and we get another guy coming in on the same basis.

OC and Del have both benifited as we did from their time and moved on and have brought credit to Saints on the way whilst giving us great service and some good times. Most importantly they kept their court with the board and didn't try to be bigger than the club and done the business behind closed doors with e board and kept it shut if they thought otherwise unlike Lomas.

Lomas' quote today that he and his (management) team and the players have played their part, now it's up to the board simply stinks to come out with as part of his interview after todays game.

Rangers current troubles really does bring to the fore how well clubs have to be run. Constantly suggestions are that Saints are punching above their proverbial weight but realistically we are probably without a doubt better placed to be a top six club simply because of the legacies we don't have to contend with which others will - Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd will all have to deal with hellish finacial constraints and looming implications which this has attached.

We have a healthy position in the light of things.

Key to Saints success now is having a man in charge who is part of the overall plan not his own personal mission. He will do well if he is good enough and we do well. Its a two way thing and we certainly wont stand in his way as we have proved.

Lomas so far has brought nothing and worryingly his network of contacts has brought a load of players, Croft aside, who he doesnt even play.

Business decision needed, we need someone in now. As Lomas has to bring in a whole team best let someone else do it, another Sandy Clark job and the terraces WILL be empty!

Not the best of interviews from your manager, you needed to win one game in the split to probably be in Europe next season, i have heard he is very well liked by the players and seems to be a decent guy, but some of his line-ups in the last five games have been strange to say the least.

For him to not start Riordan against the pedo's was a very strange decision indeed, he would have been the first player on the team sheet for that game imo, he would have unsettled there players and fans and gave your fans a lift in that game, 3rd top goal scorer in the SPL and he starts with the lad Haber, no offence but the guy has not impressed me when i have watched him play in games for you.

Anyway did Lomas give any reason why DR wasn't in the squad today. :rolleyes:

Gie Lomas next season - lets see how HIS team performs......YES it was disappointing in the Top 6 games BUT lets not call for his head just yet..........Get Harkins and Parkin in with a few fae SLIGO and SHAMROCK and we can be heroes.

What about Robbo? you given up on him?

6th in the league, going to Europe.

Just WAIT.

I get the impression Lomas is desperate to build his own team.

WAIT.

Have faith. Meanwhile, we'll have to settle for being the 6th best team in the country and qualifying for Europe (we will). Gosh, what a wanker.

If only we managed to get Lomas two games earlier we wouldn't have had to worry about top six...

(Ignoring my Profile Picture Please!!!!)

I must agree with the general feeling on this thread. I've been less than impressed with the way the team have been performing since he took over. Del and Doc seemed to have a good balance in the style of play from back to front. We are seriously lacking that now. Loss of some key players wont help in my opinion. The loan signings he has brought in have done nothing to impress me, only Crofty being the exception.

If Lomas thought he was inheriting anything more than a tight budget and a small squad, then he was kidding himself. I'm sure he knew the craik before he signed up.

Perhaps us Saints fans just forgot how lucky we were with the last management team and arguably the one before that. They were pretty damned good in comparison with some of the s#ite going about just now. My take on it is that Lomas is a young inexperienced manager with a hard job to do following on from Del. I think the close season will show whether he just talks a good game or really has the knowledge and contacts to do the job we hope for.

I reckon he should get until November/December then we should return to the comments on this post and review.

(Ignoring my Profile Picture Please!!!!)

I must agree with the general feeling on this thread. I've been less than impressed with the way the team have been performing since he took over. Del and Doc seemed to have a good balance in the style of play from back to front. We are seriously lacking that now. Loss of some key players wont help in my opinion. The loan signings he has brought in have done nothing to impress me, only Crofty being the exception.

If Lomas thought he was inheriting anything more than a tight budget and a small squad, then he was kidding himself. I'm sure he knew the craik before he signed up.

Perhaps us Saints fans just forgot how lucky we were with the last management team and arguably the one before that. They were pretty damned good in comparison with some of the s#ite going about just now. My take on it is that Lomas is a young inexperienced manager with a hard job to do following on from Del. I think the close season will show whether he just talks a good game or really has the knowledge and contacts to do the job we hope for.

I reckon he should get until November/December then we should return to the comments on this post and review.

SaintCraig this is where the difficult decision comes.

He is going to bring in a whole new team - his ability so far to use his network of contacts is a joke, even he doesnt play them.

He needs to get them to gel and play as a team. He has lost and demoralised a team that was already strong and working.

If it doesnt work the chances are we are going to be next seasons Dunfermline with someone coming in to save us with his hands tied!

He is going to bring in a whole new team - his ability so far to use his network of contacts is a joke, even he doesnt play them.

He needs to get them to gel and play as a team. He has lost and demoralised a team that was already strong and working.

If it doesnt work the chances are we are going to be next seasons Dunfermline with someone coming in to save us with his hands tied!

Lee Croft was arguably our best player and he was brought in by Lomas. Our season fell apart partly due to his injury.

We have had a bad month with off field matters affecting the squad. Lets just sign off for the summer and see what happens.

Yes McD. I see exactly where you're coming from but I right now we're not in a position to say exactly what's going to happen wit the squad. Sandaza, Sheridan. These guys were never gonna sign again. Miller, still hasnt said he isnt staying. Morris, like Sandaza and Miller, he's after a payday cause in his case its the twilight of his career, so I ask you. Is this Lomas fault that these guys are leaving?

The form has dipped 'perhaps' because we havent had a consistent team selection available through injury and suspension. Maybe, and its just a maybe, he will be able to bring in good players that will do a job for us and we'll be loking back at this thread and question why we were even contemplating it all.

Never forget how Sir Alex started at Man U.Clearly we aint Man U but you just never know what we have as a manager when he's not been here long. Maybe he'll get a serious kick up the proverbial for his interview today, maybe not! As I say, you need to give the guy a chance to get his own team in.

Lee Croft was arguably our best player and he was brought in by Lomas. Our season fell apart partly due to his injury.

We have had a bad month with off field matters affecting the squad. Lets just sign off for the summer and see what happens.

I should've read you post before I submitted mine!

:laugh:

Yes McD. I see exactly where you're coming from but I right now we're not in a position to say exactly what's going to happen wit the squad. Sandaza, Sheridan. These guys were never gonna sign again. Miller, still hasnt said he isnt staying. Morris, like Sandaza and Miller, he's after a payday cause in his case its the twilight of his career, so I ask you. Is this Lomas fault that these guys are leaving?

The form has dipped 'perhaps' because we havent had a consistent team selection available through injury and suspension. Maybe, and its just a maybe, he will be able to bring in good players that will do a job for us and we'll be loking back at this thread and question why we were even contemplating it all.

Never forget how Sir Alex started at Man U.Clearly we aint Man U but you just never know what we have as a manager when he's not been here long. Maybe he'll get a serious kick up the proverbial for his interview today, maybe not! As I say, you need to give the guy a chance to get his own team in.

Morris was always going to leave this season. moon is fit but doesnt know why he isnt getting a game?

This with Adams playing ahead of him who Lomas doesnt want to play for Saints anyway.

Lomas has lost what was a happy dressing room.

Sir Alex spent a number of years getting there. Lomas would have us in the third if we gave him that long and we are about giving us at best two good years before the manager moves on.

Gie Lomas next season - lets see how HIS team performs......YES it was disappointing in the Top 6 games BUT lets not call for his head just yet..........Get Harkins and Parkin in with a few fae SLIGO and SHAMROCK and we can be heroes.

Oh dear!!! The days of Tony Cole and Martin Buglione may return!!!

McD, I reckon we'll just have to agree to disgaree.

For what its worth, I dont think you're going to be wrong. I share the same concerns. I just dont think we're in a position to change the manager right now. Its not the SJFC way. After all we did reach top 6 with lomas in charge and we are still in the hunt for a Europa league. Even if we weren't I'm not sure there's any chance of it anyway since Stevie Broon and Lomas appear to be such good mates!

Worked out that since Lomas took over after this game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15413558

until now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17973134

we gained 31 points from 25 games. Not too bad, but the worry is that the early grip was lost and is now in freefall. The absolute capitulation, reliance on penalties, and the remarkable turnaround of goal difference of late must have plenty people worried behind the scenes, not to mention the off-the-field shenanegans and on-the-field bust-ups.

During Lomas' time we've been the 7th best team, one point behind Killie, one ahead of Inverness, two ahead of Aberdeen. Better than I expected but how much of that was completely from McInnes's side?

McD, I reckon we'll just have to agree to disgaree.

For what its worth, I dont think you're going to be wrong. I share the same concerns. I just dont think we're in a position to change the manager right now. Its not the SJFC way. After all we did reach top 6 with lomas in charge and we are still in the hunt for a Europa league. Even if we weren't I'm not sure there's any chance of it anyway since Stevie Broon and Lomas appear to be such good mates!

I'm sure we'll both be behind them whatever