2012/13 UEFA Europa League - St Johnstone

Shibbydoo

Been a keen drummer for around ten years now and was wondering what the script was regarding the use of them in stadiums across Europe? I know many disagree with them but personally I think it generates an improved atmosphere. (Oh, and before you all ask, it wouldn't be as monotonous as the 'drummer' that bangs away at Motherwell.)

As long as you're in beat with the singing :laugh:

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice to come up with or at least attempt to conjure up some sort of crowd celebration for the European ties that we could become known for and then perhaps carry on throughout the SPL season, I personally think it creates a great spectacle and is a good laugh at the same time. Poznan is the classic example, any ideas?

How about we all go along with one arm tied behind our backs in tribute to how we are expected to compete in the SPL.

Would be nice to come up with or at least attempt to conjure up some sort of crowd celebration for the European ties that we could become known for and then perhaps carry on throughout the SPL season, I personally think it creates a great spectacle and is a good laugh at the same time. Poznan is the classic example, any ideas?

aye lets all get pished.

Something along the line of this would be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uob4fXoivnc

except mcdaimid unless yer an OF fan.

Without a doubt!

Otherwise, Even at the Renfrew Juniors game I was at last week, they had drums. It honestly created a better atmosphere than any game I've been to at McDiarmid recently. Go for it, I guarantee if you bring the drums (specifically for the away leg!) the people on here slagging it will love a drum-aided singsong in x town or city.

its now looking unlikely but if newco were voted in on the 4th of july does that mean that those who said they would not be back would miss out on the european adventure?

why no go for the jolly dude.you don't have to go to the game if you feel so strongly about the vote.i don't mind if you go .there is nothing to say you can't watch a european match is there?

Great article here from @splstats on Twitter re the draw on Monday and how it affects Saints http://splstats.wordpress.com/2012/06/23/st-johnstone-fc-in-europe-201213/

That is a good wee article and "SPL stats" also points out that Czech cup-winners Sigma Olomouc, one of Saints' potential opponents, have just been kicked out of the competition for 'corruption' (apparently, Czech football has concepts of fair play which don't appear to exist in Scottish football :wink:).

You might recall that Sigma Olomouc are the team that beat Aberdeen 8-1 on aggregate in the 2009-10 competition :shock:.

The bad news for us is that their replacements in the draw, Mladá Boleslav,finished in 4th in the Czech league, seven places higher than Sigma.

I'll get me anorak.