European adventure

Kilgour

I was going to wait for the charter details if the club are doing one but decided to just do it myself and try make a break of it. Looking about its gonna be £300-£400 for flights edinburgh to ankara. Im thinking possibly Edinburgh to Frankfurt then onto Ankara from Germany then flying back to Edinburgh from Ankara. Cost of about £350 for the flights plus being away Tue-Sat but I cant see a summer holiday on the cards after this so might as well make the most of it. Possibly replace Frankfurt with Amsterdam if possible

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on bended knee to get off work as home first then away was my preferred option.

IF successful then I would do either charter or independent.Not booking till venue decided as Istanbul to Ankara looks a bit dodgy with the rail link suspended

I am planning on going. However, will be going on my own. So would prefer to go with a group of people. By the sounds of things there could be a few from Edinburgh going.

So if I could tag along with yous that would be great.

The Charter flight would be my preffered option. Less likely for any cock-ups. However, what ever's the cheapest option, I'd go for.

Yhall - I pm'd you back.

Wouldn't miss it for the world, going to see what the club says regarding the charter but it would be a lot easier, and more fun, if we could all travel as a group.

Is it likely if we have a decent number that we could possible book flights en mass and receive a discount?

Where would be cheapest to fly from? Glasgow, London?

The most annoying thing is we won’t know exactly where we are going until the 5th, then it'll be a mad rush to get things booked as well as prices going up. I've already calculated on the prices of flights, accommodation etc as being nearly £600 and that's booking now! :?

Just sent an e-mail to the club regarding chartered flights, Mentioned a lot about Edinburgh Saints so hopefully if it goes ahead we may be able to block book as a supporters club.

Edited by SaintDougie

Subscribed with TMG for the charter flight but if I can do it cheaper myself Ill probably do that or jump in with you guys for a block booking if thats alright. Im thinking via Germany as they have quite a large Turkish community and plenty flights to both Istanbul and Ankara. Depending on numbers would booking a flight to istanbul then hiring a car possibly be an option??

Subscribed with TMG for the charter flight but if I can do it cheaper myself Ill probably do that or jump in with you guys for a block booking if thats alright. Im thinking via Germany as they have quite a large Turkish community and plenty flights to both Istanbul and Ankara. Depending on numbers would booking a flight to istanbul then hiring a car possibly be an option??

Yeah, signed up for that as well. To be honest I'm willing to pay a little more if the chartered flight can take us direct.

Get signed up lads.

When Hibs were played Maribor two seasons ago, their charter was going to be £595pp and Maribor is a whole lot closer than Turkey! It was cancelled in the end as fans decided to make their own way there for much less.

If it's a charter from from the club, it's likely to come back straight after the game, and I'd prefer to stay a bit longer if we're going all that way.

Just my thoughts though.

Anyone up for meeting for a beer to discuss on Friday?

When Hibs were played Maribor two seasons ago, their charter was going to be £595pp and Maribor is a whole lot closer than Turkey! It was cancelled in the end as fans decided to make their own way there for much less.

If it's a charter from from the club, it's likely to come back straight after the game, and I'd prefer to stay a bit longer if we're going all that way.

Just my thoughts though.

Im the same Mark, I would rather have a few days rather than one day there then head straight back, i've came up with a couple different routes. I could make beer on Friday if anyone is meeting up

Just my thoughts though.

Im the same Mark, I would rather have a few days rather than one day there then head straight back, i've came up with a couple different routes. I could make beer on Friday if anyone is meeting up

Yeah I could be convinced to meet up on Friday to discuss over a liquid libation or two

I get back from Turkey tomorrow (apologies for not replying to your texts Marc and Dougie)

I would actually be easier to stay here until the game on the 19th, but not sure my fiance would appreciate that (not my suppliers who will want me to sign cheques next week)

I am 100% going, money is already saved up.

I will catch you Friday night for a pint Dougie,

Livi Saint, come join the party! :)

ps... someone on facebook just posted this...

Edinburgh - Istanbul direct. Tue 16th return Mon 23rd - £330.

Will find accom and transport when we know who and where it's to be. Turkish airlines !

Sounds pretty cheap,

If we can get estimated numbers from Edinburgh, sure we could speak to a travel agent and get them on the case!

stu

KLM from Edinburgh with a stopver each way in the 'Dam seem to be about £325 per person Wed - Sat but the times are pretty shit, particularly coming home. BA from Edinburgh with a transfer at Heathrow about £450 a head.

I thought Germanwings may be an option but they're coming in at a similar price Edinburgh - Cologne - Istanbul.

Have found this as another alternate option. It looks like most people seem to think Istanbul is the way forward unless your wanting to wait until the CAS case on the 9th July.

Train from Waverley 18:52 Tuesday Evening arriving London Houston 01:15 £40.50 or Train from Waverley 23:40 Tuesday Evening arriving London Houston 06:43

£41.90 (I think this will be too close for comfort to get to

Heathrow)

Flight from Heathrow 09:15 with stopover in Austria arrive Istanbul 16:45 5h 30 £91

Flight from Istanbul 17:35 Saturday via Austria arrive Heathrow 21:30 £91

Train from London Houston back on the Sunday around £55-65

Under £300 but a night in London to add into the price or possibly look at flying edinburgh to heathrow instead of the train.

If a bus is organised from Istanbul we should be there in plenty time and would get a night in Istanbul as well on the Friday which could be good.

Edited by YHallSaint

Houston ? I think we have a problem.Between awkward barstewards at work,CAS ,UEFA, and general uncertainty my definite participation is waining.At present cant get cover and too obvious to pull a sickie. Will try blackmail once it all becomes clearer. IF I get I think flying to Istanbul with chartered coach to match is the best.