European championships

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another 2 shit games today...

persuaded the wife she was right to switch over to watching "serendipity" after the 1st half of boringboring spain v boringboringitaly

ireland game just pish, like watching morton v berwick

its no wonder most folk stick to club footie over internationals these days

I dont know how anyone can claim Spain Italy was boring. The last 15 mins was slow due to neither team wanting to lose, but there was massive quality on show throughout.

For me there doesn't need to be chances every 30 seconds for a game to be interesting, I get far more joy from one of Spain's lightning fast passing triangles or one of daddy Pirlo's cross fielders than I do from an idiots crashing around creating chances

I dont know how anyone can claim Spain Italy was boring. The last 15 mins was slow due to neither team wanting to lose, but there was massive quality on show throughout.

For me there doesn't need to be chances every 30 seconds for a game to be interesting, I get far more joy from one of Spain's lightning fast passing triangles or one of daddy Pirlo's cross fielders than I do from an idiots crashing around creating chances

I enjoyed the game, and was really impressed with Italy...once they got rid of Baltollitellitalli especially

For fitba nerds like me this is heaven.

Can just sit in the hoose on my own watching all the matches.

Although watching tonights geme in the SNP office in Perth. We have a French flag up in the wall.

Pity Wee Eck couldnt be there tonight, he would have loved it.

Wee Eck for PM, Scotland for the Scotch.

Just back from Ukraine. First impression was that Lviv was Coatbridge with upside-down writing, but boy was I wrong.

What a city! As beautiful as Krakow, but much bigger - 1.5 million people in the greater metropolitan area. Doesn't look like there has been a penny spent on it since 1939.

My guess is that when that place was at its peak there would be nowhere in the UK to touch in terms of grandeur and wealth (with the possible exception of London). Some of the Polish/Ukrainian aristocrats that ruled the place were richer than all the British aristocracy combined.

Loads of Germans in the city, but hardly any Portuguese. Any Portuguese that we encountered were happy to have a laugh and chat to us. The Germans were unbelievably sour faced. Tried on several occasions to chat but they weren't having it. Suffice to say we were Portugal fans for the night.

Stadium was pretty far out of town (10km) but the free buses were easy enough to find. Stadium was first rate. No hassle getting in and the Ukrainians and the Portuguese around as were lively. Wish I could say the same about the Germans. They booed the Portuguese anthem, and were chucking paper and general rubbish onto the pitch during it. A disgrace.

Game was very poor. Seen more exciting 1st round Challange cup games to be honest.

Will be back in Lviv at some point. That's for sure.

Just when you thought the Eglish press and commentators ad learnd to be a bit less arogant in the build-up to a tourney........

As the teams went on, al lof a sudden we were informed that Hart (yes, Hart) was the equal best goalie in the tourney, and very close to being the best in the world.

One fumbled cross, and one long-range shot let in at the near post later.....

Mon France.