Poll: How should Steve Brown vote on NewCo situation?

sjfcsteve

Should Steve Brown vote Rangers NewCo back into the SPL  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's absurd to suggest there would be no TV deal. That would suggest there is no appetite to show SPL football, but there is to show the Blue Square Premier League, League 2 and the Irish leagues. That's patently ridiculous.

There would be a TV deal. Undoubtedly reduced, but there would still be TV money on the table.

And with one of the big takers not taking anything, so the distribution should level out?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person phoned Sky to complain about what was in the paper, The line that the staff were took on the phone was as per my first post. Nobody said they knew about the sky contracts. Try it and see what what they say. Merely passed on what I was told and heard.

I'll ask my mum if there's been any official guidelines as she's a call centre manager do she'll know if staff have been instructed either way

I can happily announce that at least 4 of the yeses have come from my pal 101 through his multipul accounts..

If that is true, I am even more annoyed that he accused me of posting opinions on WAP that 'hurt the club'.

There are bound to be some WAP members who are either Rangers fans who are genuinely interested in football, those who lurked around here when the Murray Davidson and Sandaza rumour mills were churning, and honestly some Saints fans who also have a soft spot for Rangers.

While my vote is firmly no, and I have said before many times about my dislike of the knuckledraggers they bring to McDiarmid, and why this makes me stay away from OF games, there are some Rangers fans out there who aren't morons. They are not common, but I believe they exist!

It's absurd to suggest there would be no TV deal. That would suggest there is no appetite to show SPL football, but there is to show the Blue Square Premier League, League 2 and the Irish leagues. That's patently ridiculous.

There would be a TV deal. Undoubtedly reduced, but there would still be TV money on the table.

All the attention as far as the tv deal is concerned seems to be on Sky. Not a lot being said about ESPN, who will have to look at a way of filling in for the English Preier league matches that they have lost.

Anyone seen ESPN mentioned?

Exactly. If Sky was to ditch the SPL completely, which I doubt, someone else would be more than happy to take up the rights on reduced terms. ESPN, the BBC, even Setanta in Ireland could be interested. Celtic will still be playing every week :roll:

If that is true, I am even more annoyed that he accused me of posting opinions on WAP that 'hurt the club'.

There are bound to be some WAP members who are either Rangers fans who are genuinely interested in football, those who lurked around here when the Murray Davidson and Sandaza rumour mills were churning, and honestly some Saints fans who also have a soft spot for Rangers.

While my vote is firmly no, and I have said before many times about my dislike of the knuckledraggers they bring to McDiarmid, and why this makes me stay away from OF games, there are some Rangers fans out there who aren't morons. They are not common, but I believe they exist!

It's not true.

NO TO NEWCO

I really hope they are listening to the fans, I think they should have a meeting

so they can understand the strength of the feelings of their loyal fans, other

clubs seem to be going along this road and would give us a chamce to let him

know how very strongly our feelings are on this.

I'm not convinced here about the assumed yes vote from Steve, and particularly Geoff. Geoff is an honest guy, and he was clear about his dislike of Gr£tna cheating, damning of Hearts last season, and pointed out on several occasions that he could easily have bankrolled Saints to buy more success, but that wasn't what the right thing to do was. He has always run Saints as a business first and foremost, within it's means. Nothing suggests to me that Steve is any different.

Yes, they will both ensure the long term financial security of the club is maintained, but unless voting no to a newco means that Saints may fold, I think he will vote no. I think we are all pretty assured by now that Saints will not be put at risk by the loss of Rangers. We may have to tighten the budget, but we have already lost our three top salaried players (assumption on my part).

Personally, I think the strength of opinion will matter to the chairman, and that he will vote no.

Time for radical change for the betterment of Scottish football.

SPL 2012/13 should consist of the 11 teams including promoted Ross Co. playing each other 4 times = 40 games.(only 2 more than present)

At the end of 2013 season 1 team is relegated and the second bottom team goes to a play off against the Div 1 runners up.

There needs to be a meirt based reward system for each place but with a more fair distribution of the income. TV money therefor needs to be distributed more evenly.

Gate money should be split. It takes 2 teams to put on a game. 75% should go to the home club and 25% to the away. That should encourage more fans to go to away games knowing that 25% of the money will go directly back to the club you support.

The 75/25 split will mean a much fairer split of overall gate monies crateing a more level playing field and a better product on the park.

A 7/4 voting structure.

One governing body for all leagues.

3 point automatic points reduction and £25,000 fine for each and every breach of agreed wrongful acts, pitch invasions, fighting, racial abuse etc.

As for Newco, then it has to be start again and get back up based on fair play.

Time for radical change for the betterment of Scottish football.

SPL 2012/13 should consist of the 11 teams including promoted Ross Co. playing each other 4 times = 40 games.(only 2 more than present)

At the end of 2013 season 1 team is relegated and the second bottom team goes to a play off against the Div 1 runners up.

There needs to be a meirt based reward system for each place but with a more fair distribution of the income. TV money therefor needs to be distributed more evenly.

Gate money should be split. It takes 2 teams to put on a game. 75% should go to the home club and 25% to the away. That should encourage more fans to go to away games knowing that 25% of the money will go directly back to the club you support.

The 75/25 split will mean a much fairer split of overall gate monies crateing a more level playing field and a better product on the park.

A 7/4 voting structure.

One governing body for all leagues.

3 point automatic points reduction and £25,000 fine for each and every breach of agreed wrongful acts, pitch invasions, fighting, racial abuse etc.

As for Newco, then it has to be start again and get back up based on fair play.

what about this "@bbcjimspence: SFA set to push through merger of SPL and SFL for next season."

what about this "@bbcjimspence: SFA set to push through merger of SPL and SFL for next season."

Time for the winds of change to rush through the game. Fan opinion is being taken seriously for arguably the first time in my life. We want a fair league and for all clubs to be terated equally. The days of carving up money and voting power to please a powerful duopoly are over.