The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

Hopefully somebody can clarify if there is a train Ankara to Eski... or if only bus then how long that takes ??? I get the feeling the bus journey isnt that much shorter after having a quick look on google map. Best thing would be for the game tobe shifted to Istanbul or Ankara.

SS, it seems there is a train from Ankra which takes 90 minutes. But what is being said is that there aint no train from Istanbul only a bus and it takes four and a half hours min.. Not good

I have been onto my travel agent trying to book a 4 night stay in Istanbul ( because Ankara seems impossible from here for anything less than a mortagage). Best price I have so far is £470 4 star hotel B&B.. The problem is though that there are not many seats available and we might end up playing in phucking Ankara. This is a real nightmare..

I really want to check about no trains cos my missus would not go on a 4-5 hour bus journey..

IF THE GAME IS IN BURSA

Best option seems to be getting the 1.5 hour ferry from Istanbul.

PACKAGE HOLIDAYS

Internal flights seemed to be a lot dearer the week we are there with Bodrum/Cyprus being the cheapest to Ankara. If it is Bursa, it would appear internal flights from most of the resorts will be a lot cheaper for getting to Istanbul

I am probably going to wait until 5th July anyway, too much can change if Besiktas are successful and we end up playing Bursaspor.

I have decent flights lined up for getting to Ankara but going to have to take a gamble and hope they are still available and at a decent price come 5th July.

I am probably going to wait until 5th July anyway, too much can change if Besiktas are successful and we end up playing Bursaspor.

I have decent flights lined up for getting to Ankara but going to have to take a gamble and hope they are still available and at a decent price come 5th July.[/QU

how much for the decent flights and from where

I have decent flights lined up for getting to Ankara but going to have to take a gamble and hope they are still available and at a decent price come 5th July.

Same here Baiggers.It could nt be anymore up in the air if they tried.Gutted for all the saints fans that dont make this.

No offence, but I'd rather not say until I've got myself sorted. Last thing I want is to have everyone else book them up at the good prices, causing them to rocket up and then be stuck after spending loads of time researching routes.

Will be more than happy to share once I am sorted!

If he is he is doing well. I was quoted for flights and a hotel ( for 4 nights B&B in a 4*) £470 flying from Edinburgh to Istanbul . The problem is that I wanted to fly to Ankara but that was not possible direct from Scotland.

Istanbul is too far away if we actually play in Eskiserspor as without a train it involve a 5 hour ( or more) bus trip..

Official club trip for me ( if they have one) I think...Probably be much more expensive but will be going where we wanna go..

I've registered but I think the price might be scary, I'll have a guess at £500 & :shock: for flights from Edi and 1 night in hotel.

Starting to wish we had drawn someone in central Europe.:neutral:

You me and everyone else.. but the fact is we aint so lets push the boat oot and have a great time.

Price wise , I think your right. I thought between £500-£600 but at least we could throw peanuts at the back of David Robertsons heed:laugh::laugh: