The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

Is it this flight which arrives around 3 pm in istanbul, we arrive at that time from manchester, booking hotel in centre of eskisehiser for the wednesday and thursday. Getting the 5 hour bus from istanbul to eSeS about 4/5 so as to be in eses as early as possible to get used to the area. Are any other saintees going to eses for the wednesday night?

my flight arrives 14:55 munich prob the one ure on on my own out off heathrow wud like to tag along whith the crowd

I seriously want to warn all saints fans who will go to EskiÅŸehir from Ä°stanbul by bus. There are 2 bridges that passes bosphorus and one of them is almost closed until September. For 25 days istanbul citizens are in deep trouble. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours to pass the 1 km bosphorus.

So, on wednesday-friday, your buses must not be around bosphorus in rush hours. You have to move from Esenler

1) before 06:30

2) Between 11:00-15:30

3) 21:30-all night

And for the return, if you leave EskiÅŸehir for example at 12:00 then you will come to bsophrus approxiametaly at 17:00. This can be a nightmare for you.

Edited by footballturco

Ok - I have just been on the phone to the St Johnstone ticket office and they do not have any tickets for the game in Turkey and they do not know when they will be available and they do not know if they will be available at Esses ground :shock:

As (like many) I no longer live in Perth (or anywhere near) I am just starting to be a little concerned, we fly Tuesday......................

I am in the same boat, its piss poor.

I see on the official site that all people on the offical tour get their ticket given to them, but that leaves the rest of us all flapping around.Not good at all, especially when I leave on Tuesday.

I'm sure the club will sort us out and someone will get you a ticket if they're not out by time you leave.