Massive Blue and White Home Day 18/08/12

themole

right then how do we get this over to all saints season ticket holder, lets make it a big blue and white day where everyone including season ticket holders pay this could raise £100000. that could help alot with finances and shows a message of support for the club

We should be trying to encourage the 2000 fans that have drifted away from the club over the last few seasons to attend rather than asking the season ticket holders for more cash.

I would like to think we can do both. Thing is ,we have already started trying to encourage people back, by last season having family days, and this season making the Ormond a family stand for the duration with very good pricing. Some of those that we have lost stopped coming because they started families and then found when they wanted to return with their youngsters, that they had been priced out of it. The club has realised this and is actively addressing it whilst also trying to attract a new generation of fans.

The idea of a MBWHD is on two levels. firstly it is a one off fund raiser to boost the clubs finacial position at a time when it may well need our help. Secondly I would hope that as I said in the OP, people would encourage others who have lapsed /who rarely attend or who have never attended to give it a try in the hope that some of those might become more regular fans.

Don't be mistaken into thinking this idea is ONLY aimed at ST holders because it is not. it is aimed at all St.Johnstone fans. Nobody will be coerced into doing anything they do not want to do. The idea of ST holders paying to get into this match is very optional. Fans can make their own minds up. I am merely at this point floating the idea raised by Mole ( which I personally think is a good one).

Collection buckets for peoples loose change that they have lying about the house, a big push on half time draw, buying programmes etc. All these are ideas where, should we persue them, EVERYONE can contibute.

Balloons,flags, wigs, whatever; to boost the party atmosphere feel

If there is no appetite for this then it will not happen, but it won't be for lack of trying on my part.

Great Oaks must start from small acorns.:wink:

I would like to think we can do both. Thing is ,we have already started trying to encourage people back, by last season having family days, and this season making the Ormond a family stand for the duration with very good pricing. Some of those that we have lost stopped coming because they started families and then found when they wanted to return with their youngsters, that they had been priced out of it. The club has realised this and is actively addressing it whilst also trying to attract a new generation of fans.

The idea of a MBWHD is on two levels. firstly it is a one off fund raiser to boost the clubs finacial position at a time when it may well need our help. Secondly I would hope that as I said in the OP, people would encourage others who have lapsed /who rarely attend or who have never attended to give it a try in the hope that some of those might become more regular fans.

Don't be mistaken into thinking this idea is ONLY aimed at ST holders because it is not. it is aimed at all St.Johnstone fans. Nobody will be coerced into doing anything they do not want to do. The idea of ST holders paying to get into this match is very optional. Fans can make their own minds up. I am merely at this point floating the idea raised by Mole ( which I personally think is a good one).

Collection buckets for peoples loose change that they have lying about the house, a big push on half time draw, buying programmes etc. All these are ideas where, should we persue them, EVERYONE can contibute.

Balloons,flags, wigs, whatever; to boost the party atmosphere feel

If there is no appetite for this then it will not happen, but it won't be for lack of trying on my part.

Great Oaks must start from small acorns.:wink:

i concur.lets get rid of the feckin stewards as well.thats bound tae save a huge skelp and will add to the atmos.let us stand for £20. a secret seven keyring would be fab.

Just had another thought. I have a large tub of shrapnel in the kitchen ( 1,2,5 and 10p bits) Most folk tend to have the same. Now it's probably only about £15 tops but if we asked fans to bring the loose change they have lying around, that might actually add up to a decent sum as well..

we all know a lot of people who have look for saints results but rarely go to to games,even people who cant manage to go for whatever reason.

If you could get them to go along with you great, if not see if they would donate say a fiver or something......... i cant make the game but i would donate a fiver for the game...............bums on seats is what is needed though so drag a lost fan along with you..:wink:

One idea already suggested by the Mole that I really like is for people with season tickets to actually PAY at the gate rather than use their ST book. Now I realise that for some during the finacial climate we are in now, this idea may not be ideal and I suggest only those he can afford to do this take part. If you cannot, there is NO shame as you can support Saints in many smaller but no less significant ways. Programmes could be bought by those that don't usually. Purchases in the club shop and half time draw ticket which at a £1 a go all help. I will also approach the club to see if perhaps we can organise some collectors with buckets pre-match rather than the usual charity collections ( just for this one match).

Ghostie.:D

Could one of you kind mods please sticky this.. Thanks

Rather than paying in could we not ask the Club to put collection tins at the season ticket gates then if folk wanted to donate to the Club they could do so without any element of it going to HMRC.

My trouble is cant justify season ticket as would only get to a few games due to working every 2nd Sat.

Would be good if club could introduce say 5 or 6 vouchers at at a reduced rate which you could use to go to games that you can get to (obviously not valid for all ticket matches or likely to sell out games). Club would get money up front & those who have difficulty getting to games would get a reduction.

Rather than paying in could we not ask the Club to put collection tins at the season ticket gates then if folk wanted to donate to the Club they could do so without any element of it going to HMRC.

I knew you were on here for something.. It's taken a while but , that's a fine idea.:D

aberdeen fans have started an initiative to to support the loyalty of clubs for voting out rangers. I have thought of idea to support saints with our loyalty where everyone pays to get into this game including season ticket holders. if we got 6000 at this game that would go along way to covering the loses from the lost rangers matches. this is just an idea.

at least get a massive crowd for first home game of the season.

bradford rugby league club have been doing this for previous few games because of administration.

what does everyone think?????

Happy to help promote this, how about we do half an hour on this at our next Barossa St meeting on the 25TH of July. We can have an open discussion and agree who is doing what etc. All welcome.

i concur.lets get rid of the feckin stewards as well.thats bound tae save a huge skelp and will add to the atmos.let us stand for £20. a secret seven keyring would be fab.

Won't all the stewards be called up to do Olympic duty for G4S?

If any of you kind ladies or gents, work in the town centre, maybe you could enquire about displaying a poster in your shop/office window. Badger your boss into a bit of free advertising.

If anyone wants to pop in to Ladbrokes, Hills and Betfred I know from experience these places will be happy to display