Massive Blue and White Home Day 18/08/12

themole

Since Aberdeen fans are planning a card display then why don't we plan one for the north end of the East Stand?

I don't think it's quite as easy as that Dylan. You need someone with experience firstly, and then you actually have to plan it. The guy from Aberdeen who is hoping to do it has done a good few of them before. You also have to have the cards. he has, we don't. So even if we had someone with the time ( which is very short) they would still have to get cards organised...

Unless of course you know someone who can do it ?? In which case get them to contact me..

Having to organise atmosphere in a football ground?

What is it coming to.

Do other clubs have to post on their fan sites for this? What does it look like to these other teams.

Having been a supporter all my life, I know how much atmosphere Saints fans CAN generate, although its dwindled over the last few years.

Its just sad to see it having to be organised.

I can't even bring myself to read those threads. They really make me cringe.

As for the idea with beer fridges ghostie, someone should head down to Old Trafford to the old Wetherspoons pub just up from the ground to see how well it works.

It not only stops everyone standing at one end to queue but also dramatically increases the amount of drink sold. Selling a can/bottle takes a fraction of the time compared to pulling a pint.

I can't even bring myself to read those threads. They really make me cringe.

As for the idea with beer fridges ghostie, someone should head down to Old Trafford to the old Wetherspoons pub just up from the ground to see how well it works.

It not only stops everyone standing at one end to queue but also dramatically increases the amount of drink sold. Selling a can/bottle takes a fraction of the time compared to pulling a pint.

Oh don't I know Ryan. others though need to be convinced:sad:

Too late for the Aberdeen match but 1,000 of these (£240) in the Ormond Stand for the Utd or Celtic game would look good.

http://www.partypacks.co.uk/st-andrews-hand-waving-flags-11andquot;-x-7andquot;-pid71355.html

I have seen a few things like this but at the moment, it's the cost that stops me doing anything like that. As cheap as it is, the fact is that all of this has to be done without any costs hence the reason why I have to mooch the posters for free..

If we were to do this, I would need sponsors or donations and at the moment, I havenae got the will or the time to get ma begging bowl out.. Once again though, if anyone knows someone?????:D

I have seen a few things like this but at the moment, it's the cost that stops me doing anything like that. As cheap as it is, the fact is that all of this has to be done without any costs hence the reason why I have to mooch the posters for free..

If we were to do this, I would need sponsors or donations and at the moment, I havenae got the will or the time to get ma begging bowl out.. Once again though, if anyone knows someone?????:D

I'm sure the club would contribute to this or 240 of us contribute a £1 through an online just giving account.

Too late for the Aberdeen match but 1,000 of these (£240) in the Ormond Stand for the Utd or Celtic game would look good.

http://www.partypacks.co.uk/st-andrews-hand-waving-flags-11andquot;-x-7andquot;-pid71355.html

I Know exactly where I'd be waving one of those after seeing who our National team considers good enough to play for them :evil:

Wednesday already. Is this gonna work?? I do hope so. Anyone taking folk to the game who do not usually attend ?? Hopefully interest will rise as we head towards the weekend. First home game of the season and it would be a crying shame if the players run out to a shite home support..

Please try and get some blue and white balloons, plenty flags and the like and lets make this work like a dream..

COYS.

I'm actually going to be taking 3 less than normal :sad: . Kids at babysitters and wife at a wedding, I'll be heading straight there after the game. Miss the service but arrive just in time for the free scran. Braw. Forgot the lie we told the bride to allow me to attend the football, could be a problem. But there was no way I was missing this

COYS

I'm actually going to be taking 3 less than normal :sad: . Kids at babysitters and wife at a wedding, I'll be heading straight there after the game. Miss the service but arrive just in time for the free scran. Braw. Forgot the lie we told the bride to allow me to attend the football, could be a problem. But there was no way I was missing this

COYS

Good man.. There genuinely seems to be a lack of excitement and interest in this game though which is a worry.

Fingers crossed we do get a good turnout.

I think the main thing that will stop people attending is lack of finances. Many people are skint at this time of the year as they have just returned from their summer holiday and/or they have spent a fortune entertaining their bairns over the summer holidays and kitting them out for returning to school. Also, its the middle of the month, which is never easy for those of us on monthly pay!

Not a criticism, just trying to provide some suggestions as to why there may be a lack of interest. Regardless, for all of us that are at the game on Saturday, I am sure we will get right behind the team from kick-off. Once again, credit to all those involved in organising and promoting this event.

Fingers crossed we do get a good turnout.

I think the main thing that will stop people attending is lack of finances. Many people are skint at this time of the year as they have just returned from their summer holiday and/or they have spent a fortune entertaining their bairns over the summer holidays and kitting them out for returning to school. Also, its the middle of the month, which is never easy for those of us on monthly pay!

Not a criticism, just trying to provide some suggestions as to why there may be a lack of interest. Regardless, for all of us that are at the game on Saturday, I am sure we will get right behind the team from kick-off. Once again, credit to all those involved in organising and promoting this event.

Totally agree. The good thing is though, the fact that families can get into the Ormond for just £15. That should help both on Saturday and accross the entire season.

Have secured a write up in tomorrow nights Evening Tully as well. That's pretty much most areas of exposure now covered. Not much more we can do now except continue to big it up and drag as many along as we possible can..

Thanks to everyone for their support and help..

Ghostie.

Totally agree. The good thing is though, the fact that families can get into the Ormond for just £15. That should help both on Saturday and accross the entire season.

Have secured a write up in tomorrow nights Evening Tully as well. That's pretty much most areas of exposure now covered. Not much more we can do now except continue to big it up and drag as many along as we possible can..

Thanks to everyone for their support and help..

Ghostie.

Tbh if saints wanted a short sharp treatment then they should of implemented the £100 season ticket.The crowds have been decreasing for about 10 years now and one year of slightly reduced prices wont make that much difference.Any increase will be a success.

Tbh if saints wanted a short sharp treatment then they should of implemented the £100 season ticket.The crowds have been decreasing for about 10 years now and one year of slightly reduced prices wont make that much difference.Any increase will be a success.

I disagree. Re the family stand, it's all about the next generation and the initiative from the club is an excellent one . As for £100 season tickets, yeah , I am sure we would all love that but if they did do that, it would certainly impact on the abilitty of the club to attract and pay for players like Beattie, Vine, Hasslebaink, Tade and the rest. I would rather we paid a fair price and were able to put a half decent side on the park.

COYS

You have just depressed me :sad: My wife would NEVER let me away with that