#02 - 26/07/12 - Saints 1-1 Eskişehirspor - Europa League

Es Es Es, Ki Ki Ki, Eski! Eski! Eski!

What a game! And a good look at what's to come next season. Looking forward to seeing Tade, May & Hasslebaink upfront this season!

Here's to next year's Europe adventue :wink:

Unfortunately, the end of the game was ruined by a massive helmet (who should be named and shamed on this) shouting sectarian shite to Kamara.

Fair enough call him an arse for playing for Celtic, but the word 'f e n i a n' shouldn't be uttered in football, never mind in McDiarmid park.

Your favourite bigot reduced my 9 YEAR OLD CATHOLIC BROTHER TO TEARS and forced me to miss the last 15 minutes (and the mexican wave!!!:evil:)

Saints fan my arse.

None the less, bring on Hearts!

Es Es Es, Ki Ki Ki, Eski! Eski! Eski!

What a game! And a good look at what's to come next season. Looking forward to seeing Tade, May & Hasslebaink upfront this season!

Here's to next year's Europe adventue :wink:

Unfortunately, the end of the game was ruined by a massive helmet (who should be named and shamed on this) shouting sectarian shite to Kamara.

Fair enough call him an arse for playing for Celtic, but the word 'f e n i a n' shouldn't be uttered in football, never mind in McDiarmid park.

Your favourite bigot reduced my 9 YEAR OLD CATHOLIC BROTHER TO TEARS and forced me to miss the last 15 minutes (and the mexican wave!!!:evil:)

Saints fan my arse.

None the less, bring on Hearts!

Canna believe i missed the mexican wave !!!!! Anywhos hope the wee man has settled down now.Hope it doesnt put him off coming to future games,we aint all bigots or Rockets ! :cool:

What a fantastic night.

Having been at Hampden today I missed the pre game stuff but went into the town and gave a few people a lift from City who were waiting on a bus. We then met 4 great EsEs fans who were walking up past the 208 and took them to the Muirton suite and agreed to meet them at full time.

The game was great, two very evenly matched teams, a great atmosphere, full East stand and great fun when the fans were singing to each other. (I have stuck the video on the video thread).

When we went to meet the Turkish lads at the main entrance we ended up meeting Steve Brown who was out shaking hands with the officials from Turkey and many of their supporters. After the visiting bus had gone and as I was in a Eskisehirspor shirt he came to speak to me thinking I was from Turkey. He then said the fans interaction in the second half almost brought a tear to his eye.

After everyone had gone we then walked back to the car parked behind the Tulloch with our 4 new Turkish friends one of which is now planning a visit to the UK to visit a relative who is studying in Glasgow, around one of our visits to either Celtic, Motherwell or St Mirren. It's clear that while they impressed us in Eskisehir the Turkish fans were also very impressed with their time in Perth.

Great night, young lad loved it too. Great save from their keeper just before they scored, just shows how close it was for a spell. Saints were class tonight, and miles better than our post split performances. Lots to be proud of and positive about.

And the Eses fans were superb, a credit to your club and country. Best of luck against Marsaille.

what a fabulous game of football ,great atmosphere from start to finish and all played in a spirit seldom seen .the mexican wave was immense,putting smiles on young and old faces alike ..eses were better but not by much ..totally proud of the saints and lets hope that tonights attendance is replicated at at least some games ie scumdee ..also the new signings look good and i think we,l qualify for europe again next may ..coys. ps lomas deserves great credit for his tactics and selection.

:razz:
what a fabulous game of football ,great atmosphere from start to finish and all played in a spirit seldom seen .the mexican wave was immense,putting smiles on young and old faces alike ..eses were better but not by much ..totally proud of the saints and lets hope that tonights attendance is replicated at at least some games ie scumdee ..also the new signings look good and i think we,l qualify for europe again next may ..coys. ps lomas deserves great credit for his tactics and selection.

What a contrast between the atmosphere tonight and the last match at McDiarmid.

Not night and day, more like the darkest of nights and the brightest of days.

Who is it who keeps telling us that we NEED the OF?

This is how football is meant to be. More please.

:)

What a great night. I thought we played fantastic against a much better team and if we play like that against Hearts then we will win the game.

Tade was excellent and looking forward to seeing him this year

The crowd (well 98% of them) were fantastic and hope they stay with the team throughout the year and and we get back for more great nights in Europe

This is how football is meant to be. More please.

:)

What he said.

Best atmosphere at a game in ages and great performance on the park. Pity we couldn't win the game on the night but there's a lot to be positive about going forward.

....so expect the media to revert back to their negative doom and gloom pish by the weekend.

Overall Eses just shaded it , but with a bit off luck who knows, pity we could not have played them a bit later in the season, bit more match fitness, ah well.

Feel real proud to be a saintee, well done to everyone who organisied the great effort, and great to see mcd full, hopefully with everything that has gone on, we can get a better support at home and a bigger choir.

Hope the wee lad is ok, shouldnt have to hear these things, the person should be named and shamed

Had a brilliant day out today,Ghostie and others done a great job in setting this up,the game was superb,excellent banter between fans,still not lost in europe at home and all the best to our new turkish pals in the next round :razz:

Day was marred at the end by a certain poster shouting at Camara being a f****n b****** blah blah (even though he was only on loan at Celtic)and getting Bears 9 yo laddie in tears who is a catholic,well done theres enough shite going on in scottish football without having to hear that pish while supporting yer own team in Perth :evil:

but bigotry is a West Coast problem dontcha know :roll:

Really hope that at least half of the crowd return to Mcdiarmid for home games next season, but I really doubt the will, which I find sad, that guys who bang on about Saints and live in the City can't be bothered going to see the club they profess to support

Because my wife is disabled and expected the East stand to be busy we went to the west last night. You guys looked great and sounded great (as did our visitors).As for the match we played just about as well as we could and were predictably more offensive than last week.Still look a bit suspect at crosses but overall we really enjoyed it.

Lets hope the team keeps going in similar vein and the fans return to McD at every opportunity.Both clubs have come out of this well and good luck in France.COYS

Really hope that at least half of the crowd return to Mcdiarmid for home games next season, but I really doubt the will, which I find sad, that guys who bang on about Saints and live in the City can't be bothered going to see the club they profess to support

One fecking idiot does not mean we have a problem - it just means there's one feckin idiot we could do without. A wee bit like yourself really Eric.:roll:

Very good night, nice weather, nice footy, nice support....just a pity about the result.

I suspect we opened up just too early in the second half when just after Hasselbaink missed his chance. They knew one goal would kill it and of course it did. Can't decide whether they are a relatively average side, or played well within themselves last night.

Can't see them getting much further unfortunately, their keeper looks a nightmare and they need a goal-scorer. Will certainly be supporting them in the next round and wish them good luck for their domestic campaign.

And a foot note, wasn't it good to be watching football again instead of all the crap that has been going on in the past couple of months.

it is a bigger problem in the west coast but alas the old scum (firm) one of them has gone burst attracts glory hunters from all over scotland

eric do you go to any games (no insult meant just a question)

it is a bigger problem in the west coast but alas the old scum (firm) one of them has gone burst attracts glory hunters from all over scotland

eric do you go to any games (no insult meant just a question)

No such thing as the OF

Yes I go to games, and St Johnstone are not my club, but I've probably seen them more than half the crowd last night have :wink: