#02 - 26/07/12 - Saints 1-1 Eskişehirspor - Europa League

Sounded like one person out of a crowd of 6K plus, doesnt sound like a problem. and probably (hopefully) being self policed.

But regardless, I have two boys who are huge saints fans and despite what school they went to in Perth, possibly had huge pressure all their young lifes to support the mighty Glasgow Celtic, but don't ! Hope who made the young lad and his dad upset and spoilled what sounded like a historic and fantastic night to be a Saintee has been manly enough to PM them and apologise after hindsight.

40 (forty) years of going to Saints games and that was the first Saints' goal I've missed by being in the toilets. No truth in the rumour that another forumer was there with me! :oops:

Just want to say (before any of the guys i was at the game with post before me)

I also missed the Saints goal,well because i was in the toilets too !! :oops:

These two seperate incidents are in no way linked and anyone trying to suggest otherwise will recieve a strong worded letter accusing them of slander from Mr Giovanni di Stefano himself

:wink:

But regardless, I have two boys who are huge saints fans and despite what school they went to in Perth, possibly had huge pressure all their young lifes to support the mighty Glasgow Celtic, but don't ! Hope who made the young lad and his dad upset and spoilled what sounded like a historic and fantastic night to be a Saintee has been manly enough to PM them and apologise after hindsight.

I have heard all sorts of bigotry pish through the years supporting Saints,it was terrible at Muirton Park (the Bobby Sands songs has always stuck in my mind)

Over the last few years though any bile getting spouted has been quite rare and it usually comes from some stupid wee ned who doesnt have a clue.

On thursday night i heard Kamara getting pelters every time he touched the ball but it was mainly about being a Celtic reject etc but no bigot comments until near the end when the fella started his pish,it surprised me though because this fella has attended Saints games home and away for a great number of years and to be honest he's a fella ive always got on with and been in his company many a time having a pint,so i was kinda shocked when this happened,the best thing he can do is contact Bear and bring this to a close and move on,we're gonna have enough fools coming to McD this season we dont need to be fighting among our own fans.

Bigotry is the cancer of scottish football and has been for years,do fans not stop to think before spouting their pish just how many of their own team come from whatever backgrounds idiots the lot of em !!

Rant over,im sorry that its been brought up on here and on this thread and going off topic.

The whole ambiance of the day and game was absolutely spot on and judging by the amount of photos and videos appearing over the net it looks like everybody enjoyed the whole experience,as someone suggested to me we should try another Sporsters time day when we play Dundee/Dundee Utd and bring the fans together,in my way of thinking i think the day would last about an hour !!!!

Best match for a "generation".

The singing back and forth between EsEs and Saints was double emotional.

Proper proud, and buzzing with the full on passion and love for our football club.

EsEs ....what can i say that hasn't already been said.

Oh, and the match: Great game, good football. Entertaining.

And the Pipe band at half time looked top drawer..

Best match for a "generation".

The singing back and forth between EsEs and Saints was double emotional.

Proper proud, and buzzing with the full on passion and love for our football club.

EsEs ....what can i say that hasn't already been said.

Oh, and the match: Great game, good football. Entertaining.

And the Pipe band at half time looked top drawer..

The singing back and forth really restored my faith after a summer of absolute bollox which had me seriously preparing for not attending another game.

The game definitely had a buzz about it that I would say hasn't been around the place for years... absolutely brilliant. Wee one loved it (she's never been when it's been that busy and has only seen it full in my video of the Airdrie game :) ) and I'm now looking forward to the new season - draw the line at £24 for swinecastle tho.

Best of luck to EsEs for the games against OM.

Just want to emphasis that it was a fabulous day for all the family, until the incident with my young lad. I am disgusted to hear this from our own, I did ask him to settle but only to be laughed off, angering me as my son was really upset.

Hence me, my eldest son, and young son leaving early with Chips and me having to call my wife out of the footie early too come and settle our son.

You know who you are, your nothing but a rocket and an embarrassment to Saints!!!

Name and shame !

They still have them at the club. I picked up a couple along with a couple of Pennants in the club shop yesterday.

Contact Stevie walker on FB ( shop manager)

I have one that is coffee-stained due to kicking it over when we scored:roll:

French ppl didnot come i think there is nobody from france. They start to make fun with our stadium on their offical web page, they act snob! we have to give them a lesson tomorrow but also we r having some problems with our players. I hope we will beat them, i believe Saints are with us ;)

Edited by darknEss

French ppl didnot come i think there is nobody from france. They start to make fun with our stadium on their offical web page, they act snob! we have to give them a lesson tomorrow but also we r having some problems with our players. I hope we will beat them, i believe Saints are with us ;)

Good luck EsEs, I'm sure you guys will enjoy the game even without any fans from France.