McDiarmid PA system

McD

What exactly is the story with our speakers, Tannoy, PA system (call it what you like)

Is that as loud as it can go?

Is there a limit on how loud it can go?

Are we tweaking it because of coffin dodgers who think its too loud.

Are they out of date and need replaced?

I have never ever heard sound qualty from them that gets the shackles up and the crowd going to be fair.

Is this something we can get a fundraiser to resolve or a sponsor to provide or are we simply not turning it up?

Does it need to be any louder?! We rarely have a ground that's even half full. I don't think our PA system is bad at all.

Motherwell's is awful, in comparison ours is fantastic!

That type of rough sounding shit sounds good coming out of a Subaru exhaust but not a top SPL teams sound system :shock: Edited by McD

Would love to see the club use the full benefits of the tannoy, for example, if we score a goal get the announcer to shout the first name and the crowd to shout the second (did something similar to this in Eskisehir which sounded brilliant).

I noticed the German announcer at the Euros did this with the German fans. Sounds great

Would love to see the club use the full benefits of the tannoy, for example, if we score a goal get the announcer to shout the first name and the crowd to shout the second (did something similar to this in Eskisehir which sounded brilliant).

Happy to give this a go if everyone else is but it does not work if only a few dozen shout it out, big difference when 10,000 shout it as per Eskisehirspor and the Euros............

as to the sound system, this is the original one when the stadium was built, it cannot handle digital media well and we have an old double cd mixer desk which is so far past it's use by date as to be unreal. If I crank the sound up too high it blows the main trips on the amp and then, as you may have seen, it involves me running down to the control box to reset them. To get a decent quality digital sound system that is crystal clear would cost the best part of £15-20k to buy and install. I have approached a few companies abuot sponsorship but it is way out their price range, as it is for most folk, including Saints, during a double dip recession.

I do the best I can with the kit there is so apologies for any disappointment you may have.....

To get a decent quality digital sound system that is crystal clear would cost the best part of £15-20k to buy and install. I have approached a few companies abuot sponsorship but it is way out their price range, as it is for most folk, including Saints, during a double dip recession.

I do the best I can with the kit there is so apologies for any disappointment you may have.....

What about the larger companies? For example Sony/Panasonic etc? Surely for a large amount of advertising round the stadium they would be prepared to pay for half the sound system? I'm sure Saints could be creative with a fund raising idea as well. For example, a fund raising night. Getting a few hundred Saints fans to stick £20 into a charity night would be pretty easy. We definitely need a new system.

Happy to give this a go if everyone else is but it does not work if only a few dozen shout it out, big difference when 10,000 shout it as per Eskisehirspor and the Euros............

as to the sound system, this is the original one when the stadium was built, it cannot handle digital media well and we have an old double cd mixer desk which is so far past it's use by date as to be unreal. If I crank the sound up too high it blows the main trips on the amp and then, as you may have seen, it involves me running down to the control box to reset them. To get a decent quality digital sound system that is crystal clear would cost the best part of £15-20k to buy and install. I have approached a few companies abuot sponsorship but it is way out their price range, as it is for most folk, including Saints, during a double dip recession.

go back tae vinyl ye cannae beat it .

What about the larger companies? For example Sony/Panasonic etc? Surely for a large amount of advertising round the stadium they would be prepared to pay for half the sound system? I'm sure Saints could be creative with a fund raising idea as well. For example, a fund raising night. Getting a few hundred Saints fans to stick £20 into a charity night would be pretty easy. We definitely need a new system.

Will take this forward and see what they say but don't want to stand on Emperor Ghostie's toes :wink: