McDiarmid PA system

McD

Was asking a few of them how they managed to hear right round the stadium and they all said it was no problem, so I assumed they must use there own equipment!!

I believe they bring in a pa system that is positioned at ground level so it it straight in their faces, ours are up in the room and sound like they are straight out the faeces

what bout a count down like at the euros for kick off and also when you watch some european games there is someone on the tannoy getting fans going as well or is this not allowed in the spl.

You would need the refs to comply, they did at the euros as they were told too. They won't if we ask them. That would have to come from the SFA

what bout a count down like at the euros for kick off and also when you watch some european games there is someone on the tannoy getting fans going as well or is this not allowed in the spl.

That was awful and we would not get away with it either, it was all linked to the TV production team as they dictate kick off tmies, even in the UK the referee cannot kick off until the production manager gives the thumbs up

• 3 weeks later...
We certainly have a better one than Motherwell. Could not hear a thing unless you were in the toilets downstairs.

Couldn't hear a damn word on motherwells, ours seems brilliant and clear compared to theirs. Kevin !!! How about a short blast of 500 miles after every goal we score ???? Nothing when the opposition score of course.

Happy to give this a go if everyone else is but it does not work if only a few dozen shout it out, big difference when 10,000 shout it as per Eskisehirspor and the Euros............

as to the sound system, this is the original one when the stadium was built, it cannot handle digital media well and we have an old double cd mixer desk which is so far past it's use by date as to be unreal. If I crank the sound up too high it blows the main trips on the amp and then, as you may have seen, it involves me running down to the control box to reset them. To get a decent quality digital sound system that is crystal clear would cost the best part of £15-20k to buy and install. I have approached a few companies abuot sponsorship but it is way out their price range, as it is for most folk, including Saints, during a double dip recession.

I do the best I can with the kit there is so apologies for any disappointment you may have.....

Yeah just ask my brother about blowing the sound systems?