The Big 'Lets create an atmosphere' thread.

PerthSaints_1884

• 2 weeks later...

I'm aware many feel this thread is ridiculous and a waste of time, however, just an idea for a chant that could be made one of our own. Fast forward the video to 1:15, at 1:25 and 1:27 instead of the Turkish, we could sing 'We are Perth', followed at the end (1:28) by 'F**k Dundee' or even 'We are Perth' a final time before everyone jumps about and goes a bit crazy. Then instead of 'oioioioioi Eskishier etc.. Simply change it to 'oioioioioioioioi ' St Johnstone'

I remember the atmosphere being electric at Muirton in the mid seventies when near enough the whole ground started chanting "Stewart Must Go" !

Hey, that is one of my most vivid Saints memories. I take no real pride in saying this, but it was me who started the slow handclap that day, which, just as you say, was gradually taken up by just about the whole ground. After about 45 seconds of the clapping, someone started mournfully chanting "Stewart must go" in rythmn with the clapping and once again the whole crowd, both old and young, joined in, from all sides of Muirton.

'Negative support' such as that is not really to be glorified, but it was absolutely nerve-tingling that day to hear the atmosphere. And it had the desired effect soon afterwards! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Anyone willing to give this chant a go? Promising signs in terms of noise level at Dens. Listening to the ESES fans singing this was fantastic.

I'm aware many feel this thread is ridiculous and a waste of time, however, just an idea for a chant that could be made one of our own. Fast forward the video to 1:15, at 1:25 and 1:27 instead of the Turkish, we could sing 'We are Perth', followed at the end (1:28) by 'F**k Dundee' or even 'We are Perth' a final time before everyone jumps about and goes a bit crazy. Then instead of 'oioioioioi Eskishier etc.. Simply change it to 'oioioioioioioioi ' St Johnstone'

Hey, that is one of my most vivid Saints memories. I take no real pride in saying this, but it was me who started the slow handclap that day, which, just as you say, was gradually taken up by just about the whole ground. After about 45 seconds of the clapping, someone started mournfully chanting "Stewart must go" in rythmn with the clapping and once again the whole crowd, both old and young, joined in, from all sides of Muirton.

'Negative support' such as that is not really to be glorified, but it was absolutely nerve-tingling that day to hear the atmosphere. And it had the desired effect soon afterwards! :wink:

One of two gaffers i have been very vocal with in an attempt to get shot of them!Stark being the other

Stewart was a useless chunt!