Saints TV

CunninghamVideo

Time to retire, too old school, Saints Youth needs fresh blood across the board. Saints are the only SPL side who refuse to play in the Pro Youth system, apart from Ross County, and Dundee, as they are newly promoted. We continue to compete against the likes of Elgin, and Annan, and training perhaps twice a week at best, when Pro Youth clubs train 3 times a week, and consistently test themselves against the best that this country has to offer. We as a club have to man up, and step up to the plate, and be prepared to take on the best, and stop fooling ourselves that the boys are developing when they manage a win against the likes of Stranraer etc....

If you are simply looking for numbers to fill jerseys then we should go with the set ups that the other SPL clubs go with. There are without doubt far too many pro youth teams in Scotland and many of the teams are there for one reason only and that is to get SFA funding.

You are saying he is old school bu at the same time he has the same coaching qualifications and has gone through the same SFA courses as the rest of the Heads of Youth Development.

Maybe if there were more like Tam and less that look on it as a business then we would be in a better shape in this country. Teams that take kids away from their youth clubs and ask them to train three of even 4 nights a week are sickening kids and demanding far too much. Twicw a week at 12 and 13 years of age and let the kids have a life.

Time to retire, too old school, Saints Youth needs fresh blood across the board. Saints are the only SPL side who refuse to play in the Pro Youth system, apart from Ross County, and Dundee, as they are newly promoted. We continue to compete against the likes of Elgin, and Annan, and training perhaps twice a week at best, when Pro Youth clubs train 3 times a week, and consistently test themselves against the best that this country has to offer. We as a club have to man up, and step up to the plate, and be prepared to take on the best, and stop fooling ourselves that the boys are developing when they manage a win against the likes of Stranraer etc....

Total lot of crap IMOP, Pro Youth Football is a means for teams to get funding and not for the youngsters i can tell you .

Young players should be left to play football with schools, local leagues, AND WITH THEIR MATES and enjoy the game ,

IT IS 22 if you are good enough not 16, Pubs, building sites are full of ex great players that who should have made it.

ask Bobby Kemp :wink:

Just because someone has the same coaching qualifications as another person' this does not mean that they are implemented in the same way. The fact remains that clubs in Scotland are producing players Who progress to achieve a successful career within the sport for many years to come, and also create revenue when they move on, yet I have seen nothing in recent years that even comes close at Saints, moving with the times is essential, and sticking with a system purely because it is cheap, or because someone is unwilling to implement changes is a blinkered approach, and they only have themselves to blame.

Just because someone has the same coaching qualifications as another person' this does not mean that they are implemented in the same way. The fact remains that clubs in Scotland are producing players Who progress to achieve a successful career within the sport for many years to come, and also create revenue when they move on, yet I have seen nothing in recent years that even comes close at Saints, moving with the times is essential, and sticking with a system purely because it is cheap, or because someone is unwilling to implement changes is a blinkered approach, and they only have themselves to blame.

You have obviously not had to deal with kids who have been taken on by these clubs and then spat backk out like a piece of dirt. The SFA has many failures and the pro youth is one, I was speaking to a Head of Youth development at a SPL Club a couple of months ago who summed it up well:

" Old Firm have too many young players on their books who are not getting a game, these players could and should be with other clubs in the SPL whilst players that they have in the SPL are good enough for the SFl clubs. Many of the SFL club players should in turn be back at youth Clubs learning their trade. How do we sort it reduce the number of teams and restrict the number of players in each team"

The SFA have this year reduced a lot of the funding fpr under 17 teams and are looking at a joint age group with 16s result loads of players at under 17 youth teams who were previously with pro youth.

http://www.setbb.com/newsyff/viewtopic.php?t=8348&mforum=newsyff

Hope that link works, I'm not too good at that sort of thing. This is an example of just 3 recent successes, which possibly could lead to a future for these lads, all 3 are from Pro Youth Set ups. As it happens I do have plenty of experience with both Initiative, and Pro Youth clubs, and trust me Saints toss lads aside, just as much as other clubs. It isn't nice at any level. However if you were to ask any young player if they would rather be given the best possible chance To Succeed, by training, and playing at the highest possible level, I'm sure most would bite your hands off. I totally agree that A certain club (one side of the old firm) has a revolving door system in operation, however that particular team appears to achieve little results. But there are clubs who totally commit to their lads with sport science, and modern training systems, and they are definitely producing results.

• 2 weeks later...

So pleased to hear Tade say that a draw against the So Squalid Crew is just not good enough, and it has to be 3 points. I get tired of hearing the same old cliches about trying to get something away from home blah blah, or a point will be good enough, when sometimes you just have to go for the win with a professional attitude.

So pleased to hear Tade say that a draw against the So Squalid Crew is just not good enough, and it has to be 3 points. I get tired of hearing the same old cliches about trying to get something away from home blah blah, or a point will be good enough, when sometimes you just have to go for the win with a professional attitude.

Yeah its so refreshing instead of the normal bollocks of being happy with a point away from home regardless of how poor the opposition may be. Got to love tade though, comes across well and seems to love playing for us.

Yeah its so refreshing instead of the normal bollocks of being happy with a point away from home regardless of how poor the opposition may be. Got to love tade though, comes across well and seems to love playing for us.

Just logged on to say exactly the same. I like the cut of Tade's jib.