Bristol City V SJFC Friendly

Good result for Saints B.Impressed by Vine & Dailly. If Lomas has a budget left they would be worth a shout.

Good games from Mooner ,Ando, & Dave. No failures from the rest. Tuffeys lack of height worries me. Miller did ok at centre back & is another option.

Del boy has a long hard season ahead of him if this is his best team. May be early in the season though & may require time.

This isn't anywhere near our best team and this is our first pre-season game.. your sixth.

5 out of the 11 players today were back-up players and we are going to sign 2 or 3 more players. Rumoured to have bid 1.5m for Sam Baldock of West Ham.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuffey is an excellent keeper he wont just be back up. Curran was awful daley was ok but dont think he should sign him. The left winger imo looked good and as for the vine boy he is exact kind of forward saints need he is strong not slow and is a good finisher. Bristol city looked poor saints were good it was our second team/guys coming back from injuries

Vine looked ok , tired very badly though . The wee boy that looks like nigel was good , The other boy wae the black spikey hair should have been hooked and shown the door he was gash ! Good run out for the reserves .

Re - Vine tiring, I notice that Luggy passed on him at Southend over questions of fitness and stamina. Probably needs a training regime and extra sessions.

Well that was interesting. Given we only fielded ONE first 11 player from our euro game, I fully expected Saints, from the alledgedly shite backwater and pile of rubbish that is Scottish football, would get humped by Bristol City from the all conquering championship, home of many high quality brazilianesque players. With Skuse, Woolford, Carey, Bolasie, and Pitman ( who all played in the final first 11 of last season) plus new signings Morris and Foster, it was not that much less than a full strength 11( as has been claimed by some:wink:).

So what did I think?I thought the Robins were rotten and was very dissapointed by them. They do of course, have the valid excuse of this being their first friendly on the new season. Well it showed, big style.

If the championship is indeed the motherlode of quality that has been so often claimed, then this team will struggle all season.I wouldn't worry though all you Robins, as personally, I have never bought into the pish about our football being as bad as some of our neighbours would like us to believe. The gulf that is regularly talked about is simply not there. And this is even though the championship is a financial goldmine.So we can put that one to bed now eh:wink:

Thought the Saints players out there all did a decent job and fully deserved the victory and I actually enjoyed the game which is unusual for me and friendlies.

Was also great to meet up with all the City fans who came into the Barossa Street club. Smashing bunch of lads (Especially Rod Stewart look alike and a guy called Squeak who I could not understand. (not a word)laugh::laugh:

Thought Vine took his goals well and put in a lot of running. Daley had some nice touches and rarely wasted a ball - he was also able to pass with either foot which maybe could see him fit in on either wing.

Didn't think much of Donaldson and while Curran looked ok when he came on if I were Lomas I'd go for Vine and Daley.

Was that not him in front of the Directors box chanting about Bristol Rovers etc?? Or amI getting SLF mixed up with someone else?

Probably,i just spent all day and some of the evening in drinking establishments with him,not at game with him,i'm an east stander

Their black right winger has some cross on him! Looks a player.

Believe it or not he's our reserve Winger to Albert Adomah who on his day is unplayable, Bolasie (the lad who played yesterday) is also a nightmare to mark as most of the time he doesn't know what he's going to do so what chance have the defenders got.....